oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

If the Rhodes deal is to come off, it'll have to involve another club. If Blackburn want to sell to a Premier League club, then what that club then do with him immediately is up to them. Steve Gibson is a very well liked man by a lot of his local competitors.

In short, it's not off the table. Yet.

I said this for a joke the other day.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the Rhodes deal is to come off, it'll have to involve another club. If Blackburn want to sell to a Premier League club, then what that club then do with him immediately is up to them. Steve Gibson is a very well liked man by a lot of his local competitors.

Are you implying someone is willing to buy him for us?

That would be a massive middle finger to the Venga boys, I love it!

I said this for a joke the other day.

Interesting thought that to be honest

Are you implying someone is willing to buy him for us?

That would be a massive middle finger to the Venga boys, I love it!

Could be Bournemouth seeing as though we done them a good deal on Tomlin :D

I want to be excited, but Gayle's stats on Wikipedia aren't amazing...

25 years old

5 ft 9

5 goals in 25 league appearances last season (not sure how many as 'starter')

Anyone have more exciting stats on Gayle?

Gayle would be fantastic but really not sure why they would replace him with wickham

Gayle doesn't fit into the system they play apparently.  When he has played, a lot of the time he's been played out on the wing.

I'd love him personally, if only because he scores different types of goals, he's not just a poacher, he scores free kicks and goals from outside of the box as well.

Plus we play on the counter and he's fast.

I want to be excited, but Gayle's stats on Wikipedia aren't amazing...

25 years old

5 ft 9

5 goals in 25 league appearances last season (not sure how many as 'starter')

Anyone have more exciting stats on Gayle?

I've posted these a million and one times, and these are the figures I'm remembering in my minds eye after researching them before, but:

Dwight Gayle (Mins/Goal)

Premiership - 185.5

Championship - 196

So just over a goal every 2 games. The reason his games/goal stats don't look as good is that he's very rarely started games for Palace, and often started from the bench for Peterborough in his early days there.

If he kept that exact mins/goal ratio up for a 46 game period he'd score 21 goals. (4140 (mins in a full 46 game season)/196)

I'm sorry but that simply would not happen in Real Life football... At least not unless you're Watford/Udinese/Grenada.

Who the hell would do that for us? Chelsea certainly wouldn't be interested in Rhodes, and I'm pretty sure no other club would even give such a deal so much as a hint of a second glance...

I'm all for us selling Tomlin but doesn't £3m seem cheap? Could've got around/over £5m imo. Doesn't seem like much haggling was done in the deal considering how quick it's been done.

Skysports are reporting as 3.5m upfront with it rising to 5m based on addons either that or I've misheard them.

I'm not sure myself mate. Either way we could've got more tbf. Sad to see him leave but we have got players who are better to replace him.

I'm sorry but that simply would not happen in Real Life football... At least not unless you're Watford/Udinese/Grenada.

Who the hell would do that for us? Chelsea certainly wouldn't be interested in Rhodes, and I'm pretty sure no other club would even give such a deal so much as a hint of a second glance...

Seeing as though they said he could go to a perm team for cheaper. The surrogate team could make a fast mill off us. Commission if you like. Who doesn't want another million quid?

But what club would realistically do that?  I know we have a good relationship with Chelsea but I think even the Venky's would smell a rat with that one, I mean Rhodes is hardly their level.

Maybe someone like Everton but they're tight with their money, if they paid £10m + on a player and then loaned him out their fans wouldn't be happy.

Plus, we'd more than likely have to do a deal with the buying club, maybe involving first refusal on one or more of our young players.

I'm all for us selling Tomlin but doesn't £3m seem cheap? Could've got around/over £5m imo. Doesn't seem like much haggling was done in the deal considering how quick it's been done.

Skysports are reporting as 3.5m upfront with it rising to 5m based on addons either that or I've misheard them.

I'm not sure myself mate. Either way we could've got more tbf. Sad to see him leave but we have got players who are better to replace him.

I look at like we have only paid 2 for Downing

@Leetomlin10

And for everyone thinking I walked out or wanted to leave is not true I was told I was not wanted and could leave

I don't believe him. Why was he named on the team sheet then?

You don't get named in a squad, turn up then the manager says *** off. He would of been told just not to come to the stadium surely.

Exactly. Ali and Maddo couldn't work it out.

I stand by what I said on Saturday - he couldn't come back to us after walking out

I have to be honest, I think £3m is fair for a player that flattered to deceive for large parts of last year. for every pirouette against man city there were wasted balls and below par performances. In a way. I'm glad he's gone.