oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

How are they being awkward? By not wantingn to sell to another Championship club? That's not awkward. It's keeping your clubs interests as first interest. There's been comments on here about being happy Tomlin hasn't gone to another Champo club - why is Rhodes any different?

And yes. It would make us untrustworthy because it's oak and dagger stuff. Working behind the back of clubs, regardless of their owners rep, is simply not the Gibson way. He's got honour and dignity. What's being suggested has neither.

They will be fighting relegation and we will be fighting for the title, we are no threat to them at all, thats the bit I cant understand

Rhodes' goals could save them from relegation? Even if he scores 10-15 between now and Jan, that's more than anyone they could attract could likely tally up.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How are they being awkward? By not wantingn to sell to another Championship club? That's not awkward. It's keeping your clubs interests as first interest. There's been comments on here about being happy Tomlin hasn't gone to another Champo club - why is Rhodes any different?

And yes. It would make us untrustworthy because it's oak and dagger stuff. Working behind the back of clubs, regardless of their owners rep, is simply not the Gibson way. He's got honour and dignity. What's being suggested has neither.

They will be fighting relegation and we will be fighting for the title, we are no threat to them at all, thats the bit I cant understand

Rhodes' goals could save them from relegation? Even if he scores 10-15 between now and Jan, that's more than anyone they could attract could likely tally up.

But they are willing to sell him to a premier league team though (According to nixon anyway), they must see us as a threat, surely they arnt expecting to be challenging for promotion

Crouch spotted at Rockliffe apparently.

We are not signing Crouch KM... I hope not anyway... I want Jordan Rhodes and I want him now.. GRRRR

I honestly believe Crouch would be a real asset to any team in this division. Crouch AND Rhodes/Gayle and I'll be bloody chuffed.

Well if he signs for us, he could score against them. Obviously.

And Venky's will no doubt believe they're more than relation candidates, as most chairmen would for their own club. Let alone overly ambitious ones such as them.

One other point I'd like to put across which is quite interesting is... Squad numbers haven't been announced yet, Boro said on twitter today they would be named in 'the next few days' I don't no about you lot but it seems to be me they are holding out for something wether it's an incoming or an outgoing player. They never normally leave it this late and the fact they haven't actually set a certain date fills me with a slight bit of hope...

Squad numbers were sorted last week but the club are holding back in announcing them. I wonder why.

Doesn't Kaka always wear the #10 shirt?

#WinningITK

Awkward is naming a price, someone matching it (the guy that you named the price to), and then saying "no, we want more". If we had said to Bournemouth that Tomlins price was 3mill, they offer us that and then we say no, we actually want 5 that would be awkward. We didn't do that. They did. Completely different. On a simplistic scale, for our sales we would be getting positive feedback on ebay, let's face it the venkys wouldn't be.

Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL 10 mins10 minutes ago

Middlesbrough have lined up Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle as a back-up option to Jordan Rhodes.

Don't know how reliable they are

Putting their clubs interests first is selling the player to help get their finances in order and to get out of the embargo so they can strengthen their side.  Don't mistake the fact that we're in the same division as them as being relevant because it isn't even if they try to make out like it is. They won't be challenging this season whether they have Rhodes or not and if they sold him to a Premier League club then they'd still be without him but they'd have less money than they'd have from us.  Nothing about that is putting their club's interests first.

As for the untrustworthy stuff, we aren't working behind their back.  We've made offers to them that have matched what they want and by the sounds of it possibly gone above what they want.  If they've set a price and then changed it, as has been reported, then yes they are being awkward and actually they would be the untrustworthy ones.

Now then gents, first post on here in a long time, but i have a genuine bit of info, my friend was playing golf today at Rockcliffe, even though he is not a massive football fan he was able to point out Peter Crouch in the bar whilst he was there. What would Peter Crouch be doing there midweek, so close to the big kick off? I dont claim to be ITK, just passing on info from a person who has nothing to gain from lying and someone who i trust.

Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL 10 mins10 minutes ago

Middlesbrough have lined up Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle as a back-up option to Jordan Rhodes.

Don't know how reliable they are

If we are looking at gayle Id hope it would be in the 6 mill bracket, though I know the rumour is 10mill which is nuts. Why would they think a guy coming into the prem from the champo is worth less than one going the other way?

The Crouch rumour has been going around for a few days, plenty of tweets around.

Interestingly the club, via Vickers haven't come out and quashed them like some of the earlier rumours.

Neither have the Gayle rumours been quashed. If we don't hear from the Gazette on Gayle in the next couple of days then he is possibly our PLAN B target (Rhodes PLAN A). The Crouvh rumours haven't don't the rounds on any media outlets...yet.

Crouch spotted at Rockliffe apparently.

KM, is that the best you can give us tonight?

Come on man give me a break :D

Only joking. Youwr trawl of the internet often brings the odd gem this time of night. Usually from some obscure website. Will await the next KM exclusive special report.