• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nobody seems to have grasped the fact that we are preparing a €1m for Rafael from Hellas Verona. Some actual transfer news.

Know nothing about him. Is he better than Dimi? Or will he be coming in as number 2 gk?

Nobody seems to have grasped the fact that we are preparing a €1m for Rafael from Hellas Verona. Some actual transfer news.

Know nothing about him. Is he better than Dimi? Or will he be coming in as number 2 gk?

Well the article that links us to him describes him as 'historic' :D

Someone mentioned it a couple of days back then someone else posted a link saying it wasn't true. But if a weird one.

Someone mentioned it a couple of days back then someone else posted a link saying it wasn't true. But if a weird one.

Ye it was on HITC I think, but Sky Italia are reporting today we do want him.

if we sign nugent after trying for rhodes and gayle i'd assume we've missed out on another 10 targets. he's so far down my list he'd be a desperation signing.

Think the rumours of rhodes and gayle have spoilt us tbh. If, before and names were mentioned, the fans were told we were looking to bring in nugent most fans would have been happy, especially at 1mill. A proven champo goalscorer and all that. I agree though. Now we have been told that we are looking at rhodes and gayle I would be disappointed if we were to sign nugent as a first choice. Wouldn't be disappointed if he was bought in as a backup though. Is probably more likely to get you a goal than kike. Certainly finishes better and has more pace. Though I still love kike!!

In his last season in the champ Nugent got 20 goals, 12 of which were penalties, IMO he's no better than Kike.

Lies, damned lies and statistics. Peter Crouch scored every 99 minutes for england. Gary linker scored every 136 and shearer every 182. Who is the best striker? Surely by now stats can always be used to prove a point. Nugent didn't score those goals with our supplyline. He may well have score 30 had he been in our side last season. He may have score just 3 or 4. Who knows. However, you are saying that kike is a 20 goal a season man. Then why don't we just play him every week, give him the penalties and save the huge bucks we are looking to spend and buy a back up striker instead. Someone like nugent for 1mill :P

Wouldn't be disappointed with £1m on Nugent, not a bad age and plenty of Championship experience.

Not sure he's the answer to our problems though. Would he suit being the forward in our 4-2-3-1?

Ye it was on HITC I think, but Sky Italia are reporting today we do want him.

Can't say I have ever noticed him before. Suppose we do need a goalie

. Dimi and Mejias contract's run out this season. Though it is some info I have never ever been excited with us signing a goalie. Ever.

i believe our next signing when its announced by the club. bit tired of all the speculation now. an italian paper or whatever linking us to a keeper is hardly confirming anything and i quite like dimi, so not bothered about gk's.

give me bertrand traore on loan, everyone loves an unknown quantity. its more exciting than signing a mr average like nugent. he's had a couple of good games against us when we were rubbish and now some of us think he's good. he is bang average.