oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Nixon just said to me doesn't fancy the north

Gayle waiting for one of the London clubs to agree a deal. If Austin leave QPR then they will bid and if McCormack departs Fulham then he could go there. He may even end up at Brentford if Gray finally is sold.

I thought he'd been apartment viewing down Yarm? :D

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gayle waiting for one of the London clubs to agree a deal. If Austin leave QPR then they will bid and if McCormack departs Fulham then he could go there. He may even end up at Brentford if Gray finally is sold.

Bamford must have left it in a mess... either that or he got lost in Eaglescliffe and did a runner

I am happy if we sign Nugent. He is proven at this level and much cheaper than Rhodes. It should make room for signing a proper goalkeeper, which IMO needs to be done as Dimi, as much as I like him, is not anywhere near being good enough. He had a decent run last season, but his form towards the end of last season was rapidly declining and even though he didn´t have much to do in the Preston game, he did not look too confident.

I hope Michael Agazzi will join us. I have been following Serie A for years, and I remember him as a very, very good keeper from his time in Cagliari. He would easily be able to become our first team keeper for years to come and will easily be good enough to play for almost any PL team.

I am happy if we sign Nugent. He is proven at this level and much cheaper than Rhodes. It should make room for signing a proper goalkeeper, which IMO needs to be done as Dimi, as much as I like him, is not anywhere near being good enough. He had a decent run last season, but his form towards the end of last season was rapidly declining and even though he didn´t have much to do in the Preston game, he did not look too confident.

Agreed but defo need another striker imo.

Forget Nugent if he doesn't want to be here, you need players 100% commited to a long championship season.

So are you saying you would never try to persuade a player to join us.

Am I the only one really not hung up on us signing a striker?

I genuinely think the issue is the system behind the striker. Doesn't matter whose playing ST, could be Diego Costa, in that game against Preston then they'd not have scored with the lack of service we offer. Squad that we have now is more than capable of getting us up, we just need to play to Kike / Stuani's strengths.

agree...the latter part

Clearly as AK has said before he only want players who want to play for the Boro.

I have nothing against a southern lad who wants to stay in the area, at least we know now and from what VB indicated Gayle will stay in the south.

The one intriguing aspect is RM and where he fits into all of this, would Fulham allow him to go as clearly they are intending to be a much better outfit this season.

Clearly as AK has said before he only want players who want to play for the Boro.

I have nothing against a southern lad who wants to stay in the area, at least we know now and from what VB indicated Gayle will stay in the south.

The one intriguing aspect is RM and where he fits into all of this, would Fulham allow him to go as clearly they are intending to be a much better outfit this season.

He'll be using our and Norwich's name to get a new contract so forget him, plus where would he fit in the team?

I never said that , Pink Ponce did. Still an outside chance we could get Gayle but his heart is set on staying in London. Looks like his agent leaked the Bristol City bid to give some other clubs a kick up the backside.

Am I the only one really not hung up on us signing a striker?

I genuinely think the issue is the system behind the striker. Doesn't matter whose playing ST, could be Diego Costa, in that game against Preston then they'd not have scored with the lack of service we offer. Squad that we have now is more than capable of getting us up, we just need to play to Kike / Stuani's strengths.

agree

kike is just not good enough. I don't think the other players have any confidence in him. 90% of a strikers work is timing his runs. Not one of kike's strengths. Can't win auto promotion imo unless proven striker in place.