• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole penalty argument is a bit flawed. You can pick holes in it just like you can with most stats.

For example. If Nugent scored one of his penaltys just before half time. They go 1-0 up. Leicester could then have been happy with defending for the next 45. Reducing chances of him scoring again.

If Rooney scored 10 pens at the world cup he'd still get the golden boot :D

A goals a goal either way you look at it. They all need sticking in the net.

You have to take penalties out when looking at a players stats. For example, most on here would agree that Kike didn't score enough last season. But had he taken all of our penalties and scored the majority of them he wouldn't have been far off 20 goals last season. We have Leadbitter to hit our penalties. I want a striker who doesn't have to rely on penalties to top up his goalscoring record, like Nugent!

Victoria Gibson's boyfriend just tweeted this

@Glen_Joseph: Just had a chat with the gaffer. Big news coming from Rockliffe this week!

Humpty, referring to the above I presume

There is no ferrari at the Nuffield. There is however a ford fiesta with the registration plate NA11 MFC. So read into that as much as you want :D

Source: My eyes

Just ran a number plate check, comes up with nothing.

The whole penalty argument is a bit flawed. You can pick holes in it just like you can with most stats.

For example. If Nugent scored one of his penaltys just before half time. They go 1-0 up. Leicester could then have been happy with defending for the next 45. Reducing chances of him scoring again.

You have to take penalties out when looking at a players stats. For example, most on here would agree that Kike didn't score enough last season. But had he taken all of our penalties and scored the majority of them he wouldn't have been far off 20 goals last season. We have Leadbitter to hit our penalties. I want a striker who doesn't have to rely on penalties to top up his goalscoring record, like Nugent!

12 assists in his last season in the championship as well eclipses the assists that any of our strikers got last season.

I think the most important point is that even if Nugent could score 20 up front on his own [and I don't think he will], it wouldn't make much difference to last season as Bamford would have got 20+ up front on his own too, he very nearly did anyway.

We need the three behind the striker to score 10 or so each and I honestly can't see Fabbrini, Adomah, Reach, Carayol or Nsue doing tat. I have no idea about Stuani, and Downing could score 10+ he did it in the Prem a while ago, but I wouldn't bank on it

We're going to win most of our games by the odd goal, by going one nil up again and hitting people on the break

I think the most important point is that even if Nugent could score 20 up front on his own [and I don't think he will], it wouldn't make much difference to last season as Bamford would have got 20+ up front on his own too, he very nearly did anyway.

We need the three behind the striker to score 10 or so each and I honestly can't see Fabbrini, Adomah, Reach, Carayol or Nsue doing tat. I have no idea about Stuani, and Downing could score 10+ he did it in the Prem a while ago, but I wouldn't bank on it

We're going to win most of our games by the odd goal, by going one nil up again and hitting people on the break

Adomah did it a few seasons ago, out of the players mentioned I reckon these three: can reach more than 10 goals.

Adomah Downing Stuani

There is no ferrari at the Nuffield. There is however a ford fiesta with the registration plate NA11 MFC. So read into that as much as you want :D

Source: My eyes

Just ran a number plate check, comes up with nothing.

My apologies inspector poirot :D

Its actually MC11 MFC

12 assists in his last season in the championship as well eclipses the assists that any of our strikers got last season.

Just double checked, Vossen got 3 assists, Kike got 4 and Bamford got 5. In Nugent's last season in the championship he outscored all 3 of them (not including penalties he still outscored Vossen and Kike). He also got as many assists in one season as all of the 3 combined.

There's a lot more to his game than just scoring, looking at those stats he seems to be good at bringing others into play and that's what you want when you're playing with 1 up front, someone you can knock the ball to who can hold onto it and bring the 3 attacking players behind him into play. He's big and strong enough to lead the line, but also quick enough to get in behind the defence.

All of a sudden you've got a player who can score you goals, help with bringing other attacking players into the game and who the defenders have a nightmare marking as he can play with his back to goal or get in behind the defensive line. 267 championship games, tonnes of experience, not bad for 2-4m.

I think Nugent will contribute much more to our general play than Bamford so is an improvement on the way we'll flow going forward in my opinion.

We have Stuani/Nugent/Downing who are all brilliant 'foils' I'm excited to see how they all link up to each other, throw in Fabbrini who looks like a tidy link up man we should create alot better quality of chances than we did last season.

Victoria Gibson's boyfriend just tweeted this

@Glen_Joseph: Just had a chat with the gaffer. Big news coming from Rockliffe this week!

Humpty, referring to the above I presume

Oh.