oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

@AndyStockhausen: As I understand it, Gray is holding out for a move to Hull City and Bristol City will move their search elsewhere.

BC getting turned down by everyone :D

Haha they might've walked league 1 but they're definitely struggling to make the step up and everyone's rejecting them

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO Reach is a very negative player, he does have qualities as Nics pointed out however doing it once every however many games counts for nothing if he spends all of his time refusing to go past his man and playing the backward pass. I think we would be better off with someone more like Antonio and sending Reach out on loan as he is very quickly falling down the pecking order.

being disciplined, isn't the same as being negative, it's doing what the manager wants. That's why Reach is involved and we're trying to use Muzzy as bait for Antonio

^

This

Reach isnt the greatest player but he does a job defensively especially against the better teams

Reach is twice the player Carayol will ever be

Hahahaha, twice the player Carayol is..... Oh you were being serious ? Wow.

Yeah, Reach isnt great but Carayol is one of the worst wingers we have had in years, cant understand why anyone would rate him so highly?

If Carayol was fully fit, we would not have to think about spending so much on Antonio. Carayol genuinely might be better than him but considering how long it's been since he sustained a first-team place due to injuries, it's difficult to say.

Also, on the Antonio link including Carayol, Forest just turned their back this week on the lad from Lille denoting his lack of fitness and needing players who are ready to go as soon as they join. Surely Carayol doesn't fit into that criteria, so might that stop them from wanting to bring him in? Freedman might know a lot more about Carayol than Frey but it doesn't change the fact Carayol doesn't fit the bill of a fit and ready to go player.

Because he's only played in like 5 competitive games in over a year thanks to his injuries?

Are you suggesting he's not wanted at the club? Unless Carayol is involved in any deal regarding us bringing a player in ala Antonio, he's leaving to get fully match fit and regain his confidence in his ability by playing regularly. He only signed a new deal in the spring after coming back from his Brighton loan.

Why would Carayol himself agree to such a deal if AK hasn't convinced him he's part of the long-term future at the club? And would the club and AK really suggest such a deal just to ensure we could try to make some money off of him? Because if he really isn't in Karanka's plans, I doubt it was only during this pre-season that he was thinking that.

Carayol had no say in the deal it was an option the club had available to 'activate' or not. And yes I believe we did extend the deal to make money on him, part of our recruitment policy (probably mostly under Mowbray) was to bring in cheap players with potential, hopefully build their reputations and sell them on. Haroun was one we had high hopes for I'd think carayol and even wildschutt would have signed with similar ideas.

It was rumoured carayol was going to be sold the summer of the season he got injured, obviously that couldn't happen but if he goes on loan and has a decent season then he would be sold I think.

we had a one year option on muzzy but he signed a two year deal. other than that i agree with your comments on muzzy.

I'd also add alot of people forget how poor muzzy was. he seems to have grown in stature and ability by not being in the team.

IMO Reach is a very negative player, he does have qualities as Nics pointed out however doing it once every however many games counts for nothing if he spends all of his time refusing to go past his man and playing the backward pass. I think we would be better off with someone more like Antonio and sending Reach out on loan as he is very quickly falling down the pecking order.

being disciplined, isn't the same as being negative, it's doing what the manager wants. That's why Reach is involved and we're trying to use Muzzy as bait for Antonio

^

This

Reach isnt the greatest player but he does a job defensively especially against the better teams

Yeah, Reach isnt great but Carayol is one of the worst wingers we have had in years, cant understand why anyone would rate him so highly?

One of the worst wingers weve had in years ? Are you on the wind-up lad ? he scored 9 goals the season he got injured, and only played about half a seasons worth of games due to muscle niggles, there is literally only Adomah who you could say has been better than him in the last 5-6 years, since Jinky left. Anybody who likes wingers to attack the fullback, score goals and create goals can see what Carayol brings, he beat more men in a 10 minute run-out against Getafe than what Reach did in the whole pre-season. Regardless of what anyone thinks about Carayols work-rate or attitude or whatever else, nobody can deniy that he scores and creates goals, he excites the fans, he entertains and he is certainly the best player we have in the squad with regards to running at players with the ball.

"Nottingham Forest winger Michail Antonio wants a pay rise, according to The Sun.

It has been reported by the British tabloid that the 25-year-old has gone on strike in order to have his salary increased...."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/19/report-nottingham-forests-michail-antonio-wants-pay-rise/

I refuse to believe it if it's in the Sun. If it's true though, I hope we stay well clear. I don't have time for anyone who holds his club at ransom like that.

^

This

One of the worst wingers weve had in years ? Are you on the wind-up lad ? he scored 9 goals the season he got injured, and only played about half a seasons worth of games due to muscle niggles, there is literally only Adomah who you could say has been better than him in the last 5-6 years, since Jinky left. Anybody who likes wingers to attack the fullback, score goals and create goals can see what Carayol brings, he beat more men in a 10 minute run-out against Getafe than what Reach did in the whole pre-season. Regardless of what anyone thinks about Carayols work-rate or attitude or whatever else, nobody can deniy that he scores and creates goals, he excites the fans, he entertains and he is certainly the best player we have in the squad with regards to running at players with the ball.

I have to agree, is Reach even a winger? I don't pretend to be a Manager - thats Karankas job but I am a fan and lately my heart sinks when I see Reach coming on, if hes supposed to be more defensive and close players down then he didn't do that against Derby with the lad who got the cross in for the equalizer - a bit harsh I know, but that seems to be the general consensus in what he has over other wingers we have - I thought the shout for Husband was a good one if you want to bring on a defensive lefty who will also get crosses in

"Nottingham Forest winger Michail Antonio wants a pay rise, according to The Sun.

It has been reported by the British tabloid that the 25-year-old has gone on strike in order to have his salary increased...."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/19/report-nottingham-forests-michail-antonio-wants-pay-rise/

I refuse to believe it if it's in the Sun. If it's true though, I hope we stay well clear. I don't have time for anyone who holds his club at ransom like that.

But yet when Vossen openly told Genk he wanted to leave in the press nobody was against him coming. Isn't that the same thing?

On the forest forums they are saying that despite being their player of the year and joint top scorer last season, he's getting paid less than the likes of Tesche, Lansbury, Assombalonga, Matty Fryatt, Andy Reid and Jack Hobbs, no wonder he's unhappy.

And apparently Norwich are in for him too, plus the fact that Fawaz seems reluctant to sell to Championship clubs, it doesn't look likely that he will end up at the Boro. He does seem like he's available for a decent price though, relative to the prices being quoted for Andre Gray and Rhodes.

But yet when Vossen openly told Genk he wanted to leave in the press nobody was against him coming. Isn't that the same thing?

I didn't like that either. But it is still different from refusing to train and play in order to force through a wage rise. I'm sure Vossen would have done a job for Genk if we didn't strike a deal.