• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think moving to inside forwards is exactly what we are doing.

People need to just let go of the adomah thing now, he's gone. He was decent but he's also replaceable. I don't really understand the 'oh he's so important to us b cause he defends well'. Sorry but I want my wide players to attack well, get assists and score goals. Yes they have to put a shift in covering the full back but that shouldn't be what we evaluate an attackers importance on.

We heard the same crying when Tomlin left and look how quickly his departure has been forgotten. As long as we replace adomah properly then there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

I completely agree with all of that but I guarantee you that Karanka does evaluate his attackers on those things.  But yeah no issue at all with Adomah going, I actually said at the start of summer that Tomlin and him were likely to go, makes no odds to me at all as long as we become a more effective team that's all that matters.

That's a criticism I have of AK, I think he wants he's wide attacking players to be to defensive minded.. We already start with 7 defensive players that's including the keeper, It to negative IMO to demand high defensive quality's from any of the 3 behind the striker, Let the forward players play to their maximum going forward...

Forget what you might think about Bournemouth but I for one would love our attacking players to go forward with the freedom and exuberance that their players did last season.. Two new wide/ish players and we have the team to do it.

Realistically (otherwise I'd just go "get rid of AA he's average and replace him with mosses") we need to keep AA, find either a creative number 10 or forward (spending 5mil plus) and a keeper who has proven championship pedegree (gutted Given  fell through) that's what I think we need. As it stands, even with AA I think we'll finish between 7th and say 10th?

You do know that Moses was actually at the club looking around right?

I heard the rumour yes.

Isn't a rumour, he was there.

Cool stuff!

Moses definitely had part of a medical when he was up here earlier in the window, you never know it could still be resurrected.

You do know that Moses was actually at the club looking around right?

I heard the rumour yes.

Cool stuff!

Moses definitely had part of a medical when he was up here earlier in the window, you never know it could still be resurrected.

Been a fan of your posts when lurking - one of the reasons I joined. I'll pray for that miracle with you :)

Am I right in saying that we can have the best defence in the championship but for all it matters you need to score goals. Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich all scored goals and a lot of them at that. All 3 got promoted and they all scored more than us and conceded more than us. I don't know if that's a bit of a trending pattern there. I know we came oh so close last season and I know I'm speaking early but our tactics, our formation, this rotation strategy, failing to sign a proper proven championship striker, no one better than Reach at LW and losing Adomah and not properly replacing him might just cost us this season.

The bold highlighted part I certainly don't agree with. Everything Karanka has done since coming in has worked towards us building his system. The approach and system are not two diametrically opposed ideas - they're intrinsically linked to one another and are absolutely vital to AK's reign.

Sorry but I think you're wrong mate but it's possible that we're not talking about the same thing.  Karanka wants players that do what he wants them to do.  Whether they fit or not, at least in the sense that you're talking about, matters less to him in my opinion.  Adomah is a good example because he played more than anyone other than Friend last season and even got moved to the left to accommodate other players on the right.  But you are completely correct that he doesn't really fit.  So why the game time?  Because Karanka got the work rate out of him, which is what mattered most.  It's also why players like Carayol and Wildschut have barely played and why I'd be stunned if we signed Antonio.

Seems we were actually agreeing, but from differing ends of the spectrum...! We're both arguing about the same point of Adomah not fitting the system and being a 'square peg.' I think we've tried to get him to adapt, but he hasn't quite managed it. It is testament to him that he's stayed competitive throughout, but ultimately, if he wants out, he's more replaceable now than he has been at any other time in his Boro career. He'll do well if he goes somewhere that utilises a more traditional style of winger, but he'll not be at his best here so long as AK is manager.

Him moving on is in the best interest of all involved, in my opinion. We can use the money to bring in a player more naturally suited to want AK wants / needs in his system.

Am I right in saying that we can have the best defence in the championship but for all it matters you need to score goals. Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich all scored goals and a lot of them at that. All 3 got promoted and they all scored more than us and conceded more than us. I don't know if that's a bit of a trending pattern there. I know we came oh so close last season and I know I'm speaking early but our tactics, our formation, this rotation strategy, failing to sign a proper proven championship striker, no one better than Reach at LW and losing Adomah and not properly replacing him might just cost us this season.

In general the team with the best defence (ie. fewest goals conceded) gets promoted more often than the team that scores most. Statistically speaking we were unlucky last year.

But the point still stands that scoring more is definitely an area we need to improve.

As our squad stands I don't think we will finish top two... Not enough pace and tactically not attacking enough/That ruthless edge needed to finish teams off.

We don't/can't kill teams off when we do score and when we concede first we seriously can't break teams down when the opposition get men behind the ball.

As our squad stands I don't think we will finish top 2... Not enough pace and tactically not attacking enough/That ruthless edge needed to finish teams off.

Totally agree mate.

I heard the rumour yes.

Cool stuff!

Been a fan of your posts when lurking - one of the reasons I joined. I'll pray for that miracle with you :)

Cheers mate :D

I definitely feel we've got a very busy few days in the window. Could be quite a few ins and outs

Arr my bad let me clarify; with someone better!

How do you know he is not better. He has not even played for us yet

Fair point.

bit given what I've seen and read, I doubt it!

We could have spent under 2 million on a number of keepers. How much did Carson cost Derby for example?

Wow you chat a lot of ***.

Yeah brilliant point well made ***

VB, did you miss the original insult before deleting my response?

I've not deleted anything.

Cool stuff!

Cheers mate :D

I definitely feel we've got a very busy few days in the window. Could be quite a few ins and outs

Don't suck me in with false hope, please! :(

A lot of confidence for this season 3 weeks ago seems to have disappeared by some members, there is a long way to go until the end of the season and we haven't even seen the end of the transfer window.

Hear, hear.