oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Does the medical have to take place before deadline, or just the paperwork?

Gibson won't commit to spending over 2 million pounds without knowing the player is fit and healthy.

I know I wouldn't.  You also need to do a medical for insurance purposes.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if they cant reach a valuation to sign him. we'll loan him, that what i thinks on the cards anyhow.

West Ham were willing to pay his 70k a week on loan and I very much doubt we can match that and we can't match their 15 mil evaluation so that's also not us. We are not the team gazumping west ham.

Spurs

Where did you hear that? 8/1 on betvictor to be spurs....

Both Spurs and Palace are keen on him but the latter club can't afford his wages.

Spurs now 6/4 to sign Moses.

Hoilett will go to a Prem team. Even so, we'll look for an AM as oppose to a winger.

your wrong there like. hes been garbage at qpr, he'll be lucky to get another club in this country imo. to expensive foe most chump teams and not good enough for the others.

He's on 50k a week! A couple of teams have had bids accepted but no one can agree personal terms.

This Antonio Valencia thing seems to be slowly gaining momentum

Quote from FMTTM    

If, and it's a big if, it is who I have heard tonight then it is an incredible signing!! I would say no chance but wouldn't put anything past Sir Stevie Gibson!!     Mediterranean    seven letter surname

Hoilett will go to a Prem team. Even so, we'll look for an AM as oppose to a winger.

your wrong there like. hes been garbage at qpr, he'll be lucky to get another club in this country imo. to expensive foe most chump teams and not good enough for the others.

He's on 50k a week! A couple of teams have had bids accepted but no one can agree personal terms.

Quote from FMTTM    

If, and it's a big if, it is who I have heard tonight then it is an incredible signing!! I would say no chance but wouldn't put anything past Sir Stevie Gibson!!     Mediterranean    seven letter surname

Haven't you just put that together from 2 different posts? Both from unreliable posters.

Quote from FMTTM    

Valencia is eight so either the bloke on FMTTM can't count (which is a real possibility given some of their clientele) or it's a different person.

And he's Ecuadorian innhe?

Quote from FMTTM    

Can someone be Mediterranean?

Quote from FMTTM    

Can someone be Mediterranean?

If one were to be born in the middle of the Mediterranean sea, then yes.

Quote from FMTTM    

Valencia is eight so either the bloke on FMTTM can't count (which is a real possibility given some of their clientele) or it's a different person.

And he's Ecuadorian innhe?

I think he meant Mediterranean as in the place Valencia, but I'm crap at geography so could be wrong. It could be on the Atlantic for all I know!!

I think he meant Mediterranean as in the place Valencia, but I'm crap at geography so could be wrong. It could be on the antlantic for all I know!!

Yeah it's on the Med, mate.

From the Uruguayan sport paper Fútbol:

Carlos De Pena left for England without authorisation from Nacional hours after having a car accident while returning from the airport frustrated by a transfer that appeared to be falling apart.

Carlos Pena had a traffic accident while returning from Montevideo Carrasco Airport on Monday afternoon. Minutes later he was admitted to the British Hospital although with no serious injuries.

The 22 year-old left midfielder arrived at the British Hospital at about 14:30, presenting head injury without loss of consciousness. Doctors ordered his admission for a check-up after seeing photographs of his car, which was destroyed in the Rambla Tomás Berreta at the intersection of Pedro Figari and Acapulco in the area of Carrasco.

He had x-rays and a CAT scan and by that time his transfer to English football seemed over. However, the story continued.

Pena returned, crashed and was hospitalized, but was discharged and meanwhile the board of Nacional decided to end negotiations with the British. However, the Casal Group ordered him to travel and the player complied: about 18:40 he left for England, where he will undergo a rigorous medical on Tuesday.

The transfer gives Nacional two million dollars. They already sold 50% of De Pena’s transfer to the Casal Group for a million and a half dollars in November last year.

Controversially...I think it's poor form just upping and leaving like that and if it was one of our players then people on here would be going ballistic about it...Not my kind of player.

I agree with the principle but it's a bit of a different situation as he's currently owned by a third party so we would never be in that situation with one of our players. Also we don't know enough details like whether he was promised he could leave this window when a certain valuation was met. One of either the club or the company that owns a % of him seems to have been moving the goalposts so maybe that's irked him and made him decide to act in a similarly bad manner.

If it was one of our players, even if they'd been told they could leave, people would not be happy. You're trying to justify it because we're looking to sign him but you know I'm right mate.

Yeah it wouldn't make it totally fine as two wrongs don't make a right but if the club reneged on a promise to sell him if a certain price was met then it would mitigate it somewhat. We don't know the full details yet as it sounds a very confusing and bizarre scenario.

Oslo's translation says that his owner told him to travel here and the club told him not to.