oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

So seemingly this will all hinge on whether or not AA stays or goes. Hmmmmm what are members preference now?

Actually AA rumours are very sp*** at the moment

I want Adomah sold and replaced because I think it will be an uneasy situation until he is inevitably sold...

If we sell Adomah and signing a LW & RW, I think our squad will be completed.

If Adomah is sold I would hope we have a proper replacement lined up.

Very disappointed we didn't go in for Vydra.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently we have had discussions with Spurs over Pritchard on loan , if a deal is to be done it won't be done today but in the loan window.

Are you confident on it coming off? (I know things change) but for me if this comes off and Downing aside this would be the best signing of the window

I'm not confident tbh, From what I've been told there are plenty of clubs in for him and Spurs want to wait a few weeks before making a decision on him going out on loan. But as we all know things can change quite quickly. I would love him at Boro.

The flight takes 18 hours 45 minutes minimum. If he's only just boarded, there's no chance.

He must've been on it ages ago...

If it's flight TAM8084 like somebody posted last night and he did board it, then he's currently over the Atlantic, scheduled to get into Heathrow in 5 and a half hours.

http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/TAM8084

Well that really is going to be touch and go then, can't see any medical taking place like I suggested last night.

If De Pena is on his way would he have a medical booked in London upon arrival or is there a scheduled flight from Heathrow that would get him to DTV in time for the due process? I don't think they do private charter flights from Heathrow do they?

In fact I am sure they do not so to get to DTV unless by the afternoon scheduled flight would probably be going to Luton Airport to DTV if that is the case

Downsouth, Farnborough do private flights for private jets and is only 20 minutes from LHR.

If I can find out his flight number I could actually try and get to the relevant terminal in Heathrow and hold a sign with his name on it :D

Living in the area can I assure you that it takes a lot longer than 20 minutes to get from Heathrow to Farnborough PP :)

He probably had his medical in Uruguay last night anyway after he wrote his car off :D

I think that's a dead cert, with the so called car accident, and then going to the British hospital, why would he do that me thinks. I think the whole "accident" was a total sham to allow him to have his medical

Reading are doing nicely with some of their buys - Vydra is another example of that.

I personally don't want to lose AA as I am a fan of his, regardless of if we have someone lined up - especially to another Championship side. Do you think West Ham will still be after Antonio after getting Moses?

Didn't I tell everyone about Pritchard a couple of weeks ago! He wouldn't be a replacement for Ahomah anyway though, he doesn't play on the right and we wanted him before the whole Adomah situation arose regardless.

We're not going to play with out-and-out wingers much now. We won't sign a pure winger; only attacking mods who could play wide if we wanted to have a wider three.

Since when? Ever since Karanka took charge we have always played with proper wingers with the likes of Reach and Adomah on the wings, bar a brief spell last year when Tomlin played on the left. I haven't read anything where Karanka has said he is ready to change this.

This forum doesn't half love putting people out of position, oh I'm sorry forgot its interchangeable :P

If you're talking about Pritchard, he's predominantly an AM. As are Fabbrini and Downing. So no one has put them out of position. ;)

Didn't I tell everyone about Pritchard a couple of weeks ago! He wouldn't be a replacement for Ahomah anyway though, he doesn't play on the right and we wanted him before the whole Adomah situation arose regardless.

We're not going to play with out-and-out wingers much now. We won't sign a pure winger; only attacking mods who could play wide if we wanted to have a wider three.

Since when? Ever since Karanka took charge we have always played with proper wingers with the likes of Reach and Adomah on the wings, bar a brief spell last year when Tomlin played on the left. I haven't read anything where Karanka has said he is ready to change this.

Since this season. Look at Reach's role against Sheff Wed - he wasn't an out and out winger. He played far more inside. The new Chelsea-esque narrower three behind the striker doesn't suit players like Adomah, an out an out winger.

5Live have just done a piece on the Da Penna transfer saga, I expect they used Oslo Syd's translation, pretty much the same story that we've heard.

They eneded the piece with the pay-off line, I haven't heard of anybody this desperate to get to Middlesbrough since Chris Rea was driving home for Christmas. The cheek of it! :D

Soccer Sauce ‏@soccer_sauce  1 min1 minute ago

@Callum_thomas89 hearing that Swindon are trying to do a loan deal for Middlesbrough winger Yanic Wildschut

Don't know how trustworthy the source is

Soccer Sauce get a fair bit right, especially in the North East. But did have Becchio definitely driving up to Boro a year or so ago, so that bears remembering :)

Since this season. Look at Reach's role against Sheff Wed - he wasn't an out and out winger. He played far more inside. The new Chelsea-sequel narrower three behind the striker doesn't suit players like Adomah, an out an out winger.

Against Preston we started with Reach and Adomah who played as out and our wingers

Against Bolton we started with Downing and Adomah who played as out and out wingers

Against Derby we started with Downing and Adomah who played as out and out wingers

Yes, in the last 2 games we have played narrower, but I would guess that is as a result of Adomah's fallout, not because of a change of system.