• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone disappointed by our recruitment this summer?

A bit, yeah.

Really...two england internationals an italian international etc etc. you really had high expectations didnt you

What???? Two uruguayan and we didn't get suarez or cavani??? What were we thinking :P

What !!!!!! No no no   Downing .......fabrini is a better tomlin..stuani is a better vossen....nugent is a more experienced bamford      ...whats not to love

I don't get the Fabbrini is better than Tomlin... Fabbrini has started very well, but I think it's far too early to call that & Nugent may well be more experienced, but Bamford for me is a better footballer than Nugent! Don't get me wrong, I think we have done pretty well but it's impossible to say how Agazzi and the new lad will take to the Championship and Stuani & Fabbrini have only just started for us.

A bit, yeah.

Really...two england internationals an italian international etc etc.    you really had high expectations didnt you

Hmm calling David Nugent an England international is perhaps taking a bit of a liberty.  Same goes for Fabbrini being an Italian international although he's still young enough to add to the six minutes he's played so far.  I don't think it's likely but you may disagree?

If you want a genuine full answer I can give you one but I'm sure somebody will be on to say I'm just saying it for the sake of it or the usual crap.

I have probably have liked a keeper I knew a bit more about, and known where he would fit in. Very happy to be give Agazzi a chance, mind.

That aside, very pleased.

Fabbrini and Stuani could go either way, but the same could have been said for Vossen and Bamford last year (although Bamford had been decent at Derby, he'd been out on the left for most games, and was only there a few months).

Nugent isn't the most exciting signing, but he puts a great shift in, and can stick the ball in the net.

fabrini is a better tomlin..stuani is a better vossen....nugent is a more experienced bamford      ...whats not to love

To be fair we don't know that. 

I agree that at this point they look better and may well go on to be better but we don't know. 

4 of Stuani's goals have come against League 1 teams so although the stats look good they don't tell the full story.

Fabbrini has already showed he's hit and miss but looks a good player.

I like Nugent but I'm not convinced we are set up to get the best out of him. I would be surprised if he scored more league goals than Bamford did last season. 

We have to hope that the other players step up to get goals.

I'm not disappointed with the signings but a bit surprised we've spent so much money and yet 8 of the first 11 are probably the same as last season.

What I can say (and I'm ready for pelters) is that I'm glad we didn't get Bamford, vossen and keep tomlin. They didn't get us promoted last season and in fairness Bamford deserves his chance in the premier league. I think overall, what we have now is an upgrade to last season

A bit, yeah.

Really...two england internationals an italian international etc etc.    you really had high expectations didnt you

Hmm calling David Nugent an England international is perhaps taking a bit of a liberty.  Same goes for Fabbrini being an Italian international although he's still young enough to add to the six minutes he's played so far.  I don't think it's likely but you may disagree?

If you want a genuine full answer I can give you one but I'm sure somebody will be on to say I'm just saying it for the sake of it or the usual crap.

So who could we have signed to not make this window a disappointment?

Did Qpr get rid of enough players to still want adomah? Anyone?

I had a look but it didn't look like they'd moved anyone on.

Yeah, they are certainly showing intent to get in line with FFP. Spending millions again without selling.

Personally I don't think we have replaced bamford yet.

I'd say nugent is an upgrade on vossen, stuani is more of an upgrade on kike and we still lack the proven goal scorer. I personally agree on the stuff about adomahs end product, I really like the guy but I'd set myself up for us moving him on and getting a good replacement in.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed in our transfers over the summer, but I am disappointed that we failed to get the final pieces of the puzzle.

Like I said before you can almost guarantee we will be back in for a striker, probably Rhodes. Either a cheeky loan offer in the window or in January.

I'm happy with our dealings. In total 10 new players brought in who are quality, most if not all Championship managers would love our squad. Now it's down to Karanka to get the best out of them and make sure we finish in the top 2 this season.

Here's a genuine question. I've heard forest are due to have their embargo lifted in January (and the Antonio deal would have helped on that front). Could they therefore sign AA on loan with an option to buy in January or do they need the embargo lifted now to sign a player in principle. If they could, would we be happy to let him go with a replacement coming in on loan, potential being for traore from chelsea (or even this huge signing on loan with view to a permanent)??