• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its been a very good transfer window but I think we are missing 1 piece of the jigsaw for automatic promotion and that is an Antonio type player...

The Adomah situation has spoilt it because we don't know what going to happen with him, Will he.. Get back in the team, Be in and out of the team, Cause trouble, Be loaned out, Etc... If we had of sold him and replaced him with a top championship like Antonio but obviously a right sided player player I think it would of been a top 2 side.

We have a chance of top two but IMO I think we are 1 top player short.

What if CDP turns out to be an Antonio type player? Or perhaps even better?

If CDP turns out to be as good as Antonio and Adomah's situation is sorted out and AK plays him in the way he would of if their was never an issue then I think we have a brilliant chance of finishing top 2.

The only position that gives me doubts is the right side of attack and that's mainly because of the AA & AK situation.

Anyone disappointed by our recruitment this summer?

A bit, yeah.

Really...two england internationals an italian international etc etc.    you really had high expectations didnt you

Hmm calling David Nugent an England international is perhaps taking a bit of a liberty.  Same goes for Fabbrini being an Italian international although he's still young enough to add to the six minutes he's played so far.  I don't think it's likely but you may disagree?

If you want a genuine full answer I can give you one but I'm sure somebody will be on to say I'm just saying it for the sake of it or the usual crap.

I'm in complete agreement with Mr Times, although we might have different ideas as to how we would have spent the £17.2m it has cost to bring all of these players in, assuming we go up that is, which is certainly not guaranteed as far as I can see.

Looks like de pena likes a shot from outside the box always love a player who likes to have a go

Fabbrini seems to like a shot from range too. And we know historically that Downing isn't afraid to let rip from distance. I am sure this will be a tactic this season to improve our goal tally. Most of our goals last season seemed to come inside the box.

Don't you think Downing and Fabbrini ar perfect players for when teams park the bus? You could add Nugent into this. And who knows maybe CDP and Stuani in months to come.

Two teams parked the bus already this season.  We failed to score in either game.

Don't you think Downing and Fabbrini ar perfect players for when teams park the bus? You could add Nugent into this. And who knows maybe CDP and Stuani in months to come.

Two teams parked the bus already this season.  We failed to score in either game.

To be fair, opening day we didn't have a change of tactics and Preston were pressing us back a lot more than Bristol City were. I think if we'd played that team later on in the season, we would have had a much better chance of it.

Bristol City was disappointing though, yes. Although I don't think the Adomah situation helped us there, I can't blame that on the defeat. We were poor. It was telling that when Fabbrini had a poor game after coming on that we struggled. Looks like he's going to be one of those players, ala Tomlin, who when he plays well, the team plays well and vice versa.

The amount of negativity you spout is unbelievable and I'm kinda sick of reading it now. I know you will say "something something something mate. Its a fact" but you know what I mean, and its not just this comment in isolation anyway. Sometimes I wonder why you are so miserable, its time to be happy! Boro are on the up, including last season, for the first time since we got relegated, ride the wave even if your "sensible head" tells you otherwise. If it goes tits up this year or next we might be down here for awhile more so get involved or god help us how you will feel if we get stuck in this mire for the long long term.

This summer has been great for boro. High prices yes but the market is kind of nuts right now with inflated fees. If the team can gell and Aitor manages it well I think we will go up. I firmly believe we have the players capable of it. Yes there are other teams with dangerous players, but depth wise and overall ability I think we are definitely up there as a top squad.

Just watched the De Pena goal compilation on youtube. Some horrible horrible defending and goalkeeping going on.

If I didn't know before that he was a winger I'd have thought from some of his movement/runs for the goals that he was a centre forward.

I think some are left a little disappointed because the club set their sights so high with very adventurous signings in most attacking positions. Downing is the only marquee signing of this summer and to sign one player of that calibre has got to be considered a success so I'm not too disappointed about other missed high profile targets as we were never going to get the likes of Given, Moses, Downing and Rhodes. Personally I think we've had a good window as we've added largely proven quality onto an already very solid base of a team. In strike it was always going to be difficult to get one of the likes of Bamford or Rhodes, but Nugent and Stuani are still really good signings for a Championship side. And onto LW, we'd have obviously preferred the proven quality of someone like Moses or Antonio but we had to settle for De Pena who is very much an unknown quantity but he could turn out to be a great signing, equally, he could turn out to be a massive flop, we just don't know yet. LW was probably our biggest weakness last season and despite De Pena being a bit of a risk we still have Downing who can do a great job at LW for us despite him being signed as a #10. The key thing now is for Karanka to use the international break to get to know how to fit all of his new attackers into one of the Championship's most productive attacks.

Anyone want to try find out who this big signing was going to be that gibbo's daughter and other sources mentioned, they should not mind spilling the beans now it has not happened, be interesting to find out who and why the deal did not happen.

I honestly doubt there was one.