oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

One criticism of Ak is that he hasn't given any of our academy lads a chance yet, dale fry is the perfect chance considering we need to cover at cb

Dxmge - I agree...! For the first time ever, we're agreed on something! ;):D

Really? I must have imagined Reach getting so much game time last season then.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, though. When there's such an array of talent in the U21s, I'd like to see the likes of Fry, Maloney and Chapman given more if a chance.

That said, I'd also like to see more of our fringe first-team youngsters sent out on loan in the Football League. If Fry goes out on a season long loan deal to League One/Two, he'd be able to step up and take Woody's slot next summer.

Well that's a different point to saying that AK hasn't given ANY of our academy products a chance in the first team.

Also, I would much rather our youth went on a season long loan and played regularly, rather than play one in four or five. Much better for their long term development to be playing each week.

Well we could argue semantics - and Dxmge's strong wording of posts - but the point still stands we've not given our youth enough of a chance in recent seasons. Especially given the quality that's in there.

Your second point is what I was alluding to anyway; though with the set up at our U21s, I certainly think it's almost as good experience as our lads would get at some clubs. Johnny Burn going to Oldham at 20 is going about it the right way I reckon - though perhaps a year later than ideal. At 17, they're still kids. Moving them miles from home could be a detriment to their development. If Fry would get game time at Hartlepool, I think that'd be a good move for all.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What big name LW? Have I missed something?

Apparently we are after a word class left winger

Nobody said world class. Just someone who could probably go straight into the team at the expense of Adam Reach

This potential signing will apparently put bums on seats & sell season tickets...therefore will have to be world class ?

In today'a Sun Paper,

Rhodes will not be allowed to move Boro.

You couldn't make it up! We're just going around in circles here, MOVE ON

Its annoying and starting to bleep me of reading the same bleep everyday...

I would be glad if we came out today and said Rhodes is no longer a target, We will sign another striker/s

I'm just taking a step back on Rhodes and trusting Gibbo's judgement... If there's even a slither of a chance of him coming, Gibson will get his man. If not, it's due to no fault at our end. Just Blackburn, understandably, being reluctant to sell to another Championship side during the summer window.

In today'a Sun Paper,

Rhodes will not be allowed to move Boro.

You couldn't make it up! We're just going around in circles here, MOVE ON

Its annoying and starting to bleep me of reading the same bleep everyday...

I would be glad if we came out today and said Rhodes is no longer a target, We will sign another striker/s

Or Rhodes retiring and going into horse racing with Michael Owen

Nobody said world class. Just someone who could probably go straight into the team at the expense of Adam Reach

This potential signing will apparently put bums on seats & sell season tickets...therefore will have to be world class ?

There's only a handful of players I'd class as world class, I couldn't see anyone of them coming to play in the championship :D

Dxmge - I agree...! For the first time ever, we're agreed on something! ;):D

Really? I must have imagined Reach getting so much game time last season then.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, though. When there's such an array of talent in the U21s, I'd like to see the likes of Fry, Maloney and Chapman given more if a chance.

That said, I'd also like to see more of our fringe first-team youngsters sent out on loan in the Football League. If Fry goes out on a season long loan deal to League One/Two, he'd be able to step up and take Woody's slot next summer.

Well that's a different point to saying that AK hasn't given ANY of our academy products a chance in the first team.

Also, I would much rather our youth went on a season long loan and played regularly, rather than play one in four or five. Much better for their long term development to be playing each week.

Well we could argue semantics - and Dxmge's strong wording of posts - but the point still stands we've not given our youth enough of a chance in recent seasons. Especially given the quality that's in there.

Your second point is what I was alluding to anyway; though with the set up at our U21s, I certainly think it's almost as good experience as our lads would get at some clubs. Johnny Burn going to Oldham at 20 is going about it the right way I reckon - though perhaps a year later than ideal. At 17, they're still kids. Moving them miles from home could be a detriment to their development. If Fry would get game time at Hartlepool, I think that'd be a good move for all.

Oh, and Gibson of course.

I just thought it was a case of not enough youth being good enough to play in our first team last season? Plenty would have complained if our promotion push had been derailed because we were playing youth that weren't ready.

Just seems a strange stick to beat Karanka with, especially when he's shown in ore-season he is more than happy to play youngsters that are good enough.

Regarding the Rhodes situation, do any of you think that Steve Gibson would continue to pursue JR if the Venkys and Derek Shaw had said " He isn't for sale at any price " ? . That is not Gibsons style and never has been. We had a similar situation with Leeds and McCormack , The club were coming out in the press saying he wasn't for sale but at the same time trying to get us to increase our offer.

My personal view on it is that Boro and Gibson are trying to make it happen because they have had some encouragement from Blackburn Rovers. If it ends up that we pay a large fee upfront and loan them 2 of our players then so be it. Rhodes has been our number 1 target for the last year.

There's only a handful of players I'd class as world class, I couldn't see anyone of them coming to play in the championship :D

Ha Ha 'world' may of been the wrong word.Perhaps a player who should get into a top Premier league side...

Regarding the Rhodes situation, do any of you think that Steve Gibson would continue to pursue JR if the Venkys and Derek Shaw had said " He isn't for sale at any price " ? . That is not Gibsons style and never has been. We had a similar situation with Leeds and McCormack , The club were coming out in the press saying he wasn't for sale but at the same time trying to get us to increase our offer.

My personal view on it is that Boro and Gibson are trying to make it happen because they have had some encouragement from Blackburn Rovers. If it ends up that we pay a large fee upfront and loan them 2 of our players then so be it. Rhodes has been our number 1 target for the last year.

Derek Shaw and Gary Bowyer are willing to sell Rhodes to Boro, they know it would help get them out of an embargo and apparently Rhodes and Bowyer do not get on well. It's the Venky's who are the problem here, they are refusing to sell. They see Rhodes as their crown jewel, the only good thing they've brought to Rovers. They believe if they sell him it will not help them smooth their relationship with fans.

This is what the Blackburn fans think from what I read on their forums.

@Midlands_Boro (Don't want to quote... It's long enough as is! :D

I'm not trying to beat Karanka with the youth stick; it's the single, lonsome qualm I have about his reign, and it's a minor one at that. Aye Reach and Gibbo were regulars, but both were first team members before AK got here. And you're right - there'd be some who'd complain about giving youth a chance if it backfired - same as there were those who complained when we sent Dimi forward and lost a point.

Personally. I'd have rather seen a young kid like Bennett play at RB as oppose to Whitehead or Hines when they were there last season. Mowbray got stick for the same thing; preferring to play more experienced players out of position as oppose to giving the youth a chance. This season will hopefully be a bit different as players like Fry, Maloney, Chapman and Mondal are all coming to the age where their bodies and development are nearing the levels required to play at a higher standard.

The most frustrating things are not knowing if we will sign Rhodes and if we don't sign him we probably could of already had our second choice third choice players signed already.

Understand Stuani's clearance should come through today which will make Sunday's game more hopeful with regards to striker options.

As long as we hold our own results wise until end of the window then hopefully this waiting will all be worthwhile.

Got to remember also that JR is probably not match fit at this time

According to Alan Nixon, Rhodes was in a meeting with Bowyer and Venky's last night and was told that his £14m move to Boro was OFF. Amazingly, he was told they would accept less from a PL club.