oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Hi all, long time lurker and member, thought I'd get involved again! :P Got to remember that Tomlin is seemingly surplus to requirements at Boro and we can hardly demand a high fee. Had Bournemouth approached us and Tomlin was a part of our plans we could drive the price up, but this seems as if we have invited a bid from Bournemouth and mutually agreed a fee. Rather than 'make us an offer we can't refuse' it's 'what are you willing to pay?' Considering we signed him £1.5m and we no longer see him as important member of the squad, to potentially double our money seems like good business.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Overalll happy with the business including Tomlin. I remember Birmingham home/away and Brentford playoff particularly, but apart from that his constant dropping deep hindered more than helped us last season from my perspective. Regarding Gayle rumours i would be very happy with him, think loan may be a good option if he would be open to that, think his pace is what we lacked and i really think we need someone to run the channels in a way Bournemouth did with Wilson last year. Creates more space for the 3 in behind to operate. Hi, aswell, by the way.

Welcome to the forum. Long time lurker or have you just found us? :)

It definitely sends a message to the rest of the dressing room, that's for sure.

I'm sad to see him go, you can never have too many match-winners in your squad IMO. Although, it looked pretty damning after Saturday despite what Grant told me!

I think £3.5m is just short of what I value him at. I hope we dont use that money on Rhodes - it's stupid enough as it is

I honestly can't believe how many fans are devastated he's leaving. First off all he came back for pre-season overweight which is a complete disgrace, which I'm sure most of you will agree on. Second of all we have replaced him with possibly now the best player in the whole of the division and not to mention we also have got in another player just as good and if not better than him just for back up. And if rumours are true he was starting to become a slight sower grape in the squad which we all know Karanka would certainly not of put up with and at the end of the day we are getting 3.5m to add to are transfer budget, which will most likely be put to a striker something that we need rather than having extra money sat on the bench. Don't get me wrong he was a very very gifted player but if we are all honest he was never consistent enough in any case.

Overalll happy with the business including Tomlin. I remember Birmingham home/away and Brentford playoff particularly, but apart from that his constant dropping deep hindered more than helped us last season from my perspective. Regarding Gayle rumours i would be very happy with him, think loan may be a good option if he would be open to that, think his pace is what we lacked and i really think we need someone to run the channels in a way Bournemouth did with Wilson last year. Creates more space for the 3 in behind to operate. Hi, aswell, by the way.

Welcome to the forum. Long time lurker or have you just found us? :)

Thanks. Long, long time Lurker with previous account that collected abit of dust haha  :rolleyes: All this transfer talk got me itching to become involved again.

Unbelievable that people are moaning about this. At the end of the day, he's not happy being backup, we're not happy with him potentially upsetting the squad so we're after a quick sale to get him out of the door.

We've got Downing and Stuani instead, am I crazy for thinking this is completely the right thing for us to be doing?

I can see where you're coming from but there aren't many clubs that don't look to push to get the best transfer fees regardless otherwise Sterling would have left Liverpool for a lot less than he did and Rhodes would be a Boro player by now.  I think it's a poor piece of business because I don't believe we will get a fee commensurate with his ability and worth.

I honestly can't believe how many fans are devastated he's leaving. First off all he came back for pre-season overweight which is a complete disgrace, which I'm sure most of you will agree on. Second of all we have replaced him with possibly now the best player in the whole of the division and not to mention we also have got in another player just as good and if not better than him just for back up. And if rumours are true he was starting to become a slight sower grape in the squad which we all know Karanka would certainly not of put up with and at the end of the day we are getting 3.5m to add to are transfer budget, which will most likely be put to a striker something that we need rather than having extra money sat on the bench. Don't get me wrong he was a very very gifted player but if we are all honest he was never consistent enough in any case.

This

Obviously it would of been nice to get more but never mind.

Full story on Gayle in Daily Mail:

Middlesbrough are chasing Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle but face competition from QPR, Bournemouth and Fulham.

Manager Aitor Karanka wants proven goalscorers to lift his side out of the Championship and has targeted Gayle and Blackburn's Jordan Rhodes.

Gayle was a club record signing in a deal worth £6million when he joined Palace in 2013 and is now valued at £10million. He scored 10 goals in 29 appearances last season.

Fulham have enquired about the 24-year-old but want to take him on loan. Palace would rather sell though and have already turned down an initial offer from Bournemouth, who also want Glenn Murray.

QPR have identified Gayle as a possible replacement for £15m-rated Newcastle and West Ham target Charlie Austin but Middlesbrough are the main contenders.

Boro have already demonstrated their ambition by signing Stewart Downing from West Ham and paying Premier League level wages.

They have also made £12million plus offers for Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes. Their latest attempts have seen players plus cash offered in return for Rhodes with the likes of Lee Tomlin, Mustapha Carayol and Yanic Wildschut a*** the names discussed.

Just shows what a "marmite" type of player Tomlin is. Txt from my lad just read "Get in, fatty is being sold". Personally disappointed but if he was going to be a peripheral player and kick up a stink, then AK knows best, ship him out and quick.

@_V_Gibson_: Sports "journalists" make me laugh. People follow their every word for a spec of a rumour when really they don't have a clue...

@BamfordsLeftBoot - Blimey, what transfer talk is that? It's been a couple of weeks of Rhodes rubbish & speculation and not a lot else, apart from Fabreeze of course :)

Seriously though, welcome! I'm intrigued to see if there's now a swift signing in our favour!

Full story on Gayle in Daily Mail:

Middlesbrough are chasing Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle but face competition from QPR, Bournemouth and Fulham.

Manager Aitor Karanka wants proven goalscorers to lift his side out of the Championship and has targeted Gayle and Blackburn's Jordan Rhodes.

Gayle was a club record signing in a deal worth £6million when he joined Palace in 2013 and is now valued at £10million. He scored 10 goals in 29 appearances last season.

Fulham have enquired about the 24-year-old but want to take him on loan. Palace would rather sell though and have already turned down an initial offer from Bournemouth, who also want Glenn Murray.

QPR have identified Gayle as a possible replacement for £15m-rated Newcastle and West Ham target Charlie Austin but Middlesbrough are the main contenders.

Boro have already demonstrated their ambition by signing Stewart Downing from West Ham and paying Premier League level wages.

They have also made £12million plus offers for Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes. Their latest attempts have seen players plus cash offered in return for Rhodes with the likes of Lee Tomlin, Mustapha Carayol and Yanic Wildschut a*** the names discussed.

The question is, now people know we've got money available, will this inflate the asking price for Gayle?