• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To expand on Vectors post a little as we've got the same story (I posted it on FMTTM earlier this morning) but slightly different info.

I've been told that Tomlin has also been told that we have received an offer, in confidence, that was being considered. He proceeded to talk about the offer to the squad, along with the bit about his agent.

He was hoping for a new contract, but has been told by Neil Bauser that this won't be coming which is why he's now rocking the boat.

As I was saying. Gazette are struggling.

Can you give us any names that are coming in?

Anyone else think the Rhodes thing has been off for a while now and we've maybe been leaking story's out to cover up what we're actually working on? I think 'plan B' is well underway and we will see a player in in time for Preston. Hopefully we will find out who this mega signing is aswell.

@spallett87 @DMAC102

Boro have accepted a 3.5m bid from Bournemouth for Lee Tomlin, can he make the step up you reckon Darragh?

Darragh MacAnthony

@DMAC102 @spallett87

Easily imo & a complete bargain if that fee is correct!

Anyone else think the Rhodes thing has been off for a while now and we've maybe been leaking story's out to cover up what we're actually working on? I think 'plan B' is well underway and we will see a player in in time for Preston. Hopefully we will find out who this mega signing is aswell.

No, I think we've been pushing to try and get him.

Dissapointed with the initial figure. I was hoping for 5 mil. But I guess Bournemouth would have been aware that we wanted him out, hence the low price.

Just praying now that we don't waste this money by not investing in our attack. Tomlin (dispite what people say) was a good player for us last season and he will be hard to replace.

I honestly can't believe how many fans are devastated he's leaving. First off all he came back for pre-season overweight which is a complete disgrace, which I'm sure most of you will agree on. Second of all we have replaced him with possibly now the best player in the whole of the division and not to mention we also have got in another player just as good and if not better than him just for back up. And if rumours are true he was starting to become a slight sower grape in the squad which we all know Karanka would certainly not of put up with and at the end of the day we are getting 3.5m to add to are transfer budget, which will most likely be put to a striker something that we need rather than having extra money sat on the bench. Don't get me wrong he was a very very gifted player but if we are all honest he was never consistent enough in any case.

I couldn't of put it better myself, I called him a disgrace for being well overweight for pre season and got hammered by this forum, so they won't agree with you but you are right.

No, I think we've been pushing to try and get him.

Now that Tomlin in going I wouldn't be surprised if we put in one last bid that is somewhat bonkers.

Again with the negative vibes man...

We didn't want to keep him , some on here were calling him a disgrace and we have made a tidy profit. We have to assume that Gibbo is happy with the deal or it wouldn't have happened ansd as ABH said who is to say that the reason we took the deal is because its an up front type of payment.

I quite liked him but in crunch games (Watford away / Wembley) he was annonymous and will struggle to get in the team ahead of Downing/Stuani. Suspect he will be plying his trade in the champo again next season when we pass Bournemouth on the way up.

For me its simple we either trust the self made multi millionaire chairman to do what is best for the club or we don't.

And what's up with this Andujar keeper? jHalden has been talking about him all day and mentioned 700k and that he is nearing a move to Boro. Is there anything substantial in that rumour? Sounds like a player that is way too good to drop into the championship and a very low fee too.

I think its cheap. If we were a Prem club and bought a player with Tomlins ability and record I would think £3m was a good deal. But we dont know the ins and outs of the whole situation, and a whole revamp of the forward line is what we had been promised...