• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The word from Blackburn end is there is still no new offer for Rhodes despite what all the news reports say, still have a nagging feeling we are working on something else. Tomlins quick sale is not coincidence imo.

I think the quick sale is as a result of what happened over the weekend but you'd have to assume at some point we're going to make a move that sticks.

Not so sure a bid was made, negotiated, accepted, terms offered, negotiated, accepted, medical done all in the space of 2 days. He's literally signed today, it's been going on for longer than 2 or 3 days, I know Bournemouth made more than 2 bids for him which were rejected and the players knew last Thursday that he was off.

To get the thread back on track people on fmttm reckon Crouch is imminent. Anyone heard anything?

'theinsider' who genuinely has given us decent info in the past, reckons it's not happening.

To get the thread back on track people on fmttm reckon Crouch is imminent. Anyone heard anything?

theinsider has been very quick to rubbish the Crouch rumour everytime it's been mentioned and I do believe him as he was the first one to mention Karanka after Mowbray left.

Will said Dwight Gayle by the end of the week earlier and I don't think anyone even picked up on it. I don't know if it was opinion or he'd heard something?

Heard something, never been told anything like this from this person before so take it with a handful of salt :)

See yas laters Tommo lad.

You were dead good sometimes but a big round peg in a square hole out there on that left wing.

No doubt will clock yet on BT Sport as a sub when Bmuff are losing 2-0 at half time.

We'll always remember that turn like!

Will said Dwight Gayle by the end of the week earlier and I don't think anyone even picked up on it. I don't know if it was opinion or he'd heard something?

Heard something, never been told anything like this from this person before so take it with a handful of salt :)

If the Rhodes deal is dead, Gayle looks likely to me.

I find it interesting that everyone is saying that our current left wing options aren't good enough for a tilt at promotion, but it's basically the same as last season. I know Tomlin was shunted out there once Vossen took over at #10, but he never looked entirely comfortable and I always took that as more of a square peg round hole scenario than a genuine answer to any problem.

Reach is another year older, Wildschut has had another years experience, and Carayol has returned and will hopefully be fit this year. I'm not suggesting I wouldn't like another left winger in, but I don't think our title charge will fail if we don't.

The word from Blackburn end is there is still no new offer for Rhodes despite what all the news reports say, still have a nagging feeling we are working on something else. Tomlins quick sale is not coincidence imo.

I think the quick sale is as a result of what happened over the weekend but you'd have to assume at some point we're going to make a move that sticks.

Not so sure a bid was made, negotiated, accepted, terms offered, negotiated, accepted, medical done all in the space of 2 days. He's literally signed today, it's been going on for longer than 2 or 3 days, I know Bournemouth made more than 2 bids for him which were rejected and the players knew last Thursday that he was off.

Sorry, I meant that this got it over the line more quickly.  This has obviously been moving for a while as you say.

I find it interesting that everyone is saying that our current left wing options aren't good enough for a tilt at promotion, but it's basically the same as last season. I know Tomlin was shunted out there once Vossen took over at #10, but he never looked entirely comfortable and I always took that as more of a square peg round hole scenario than a genuine answer to any problem.

Reach is another year older, Wildschut has had another years experience, and Carayol has returned and will hopefully be fit this year. I'm not suggesting I wouldn't like another left winger in, but I don't think our title charge will fail if we don't.

I disagree on this. I think we are sometimes too nice and give players the benefit of the doubt for far too long. Just think of all the sub par performers we've moved on over recent years - none of them have gone on the achieve anything, anywhere*

*Throwing down the gauntlet here... Prove me wrong!

Carayol: Not enough discipline. Massive recent injury

Reach: Not enough threat (easy to defend against). Not enough goals.

Wildschut: Not enough product (too fast for his own good!)

We want the best team in the Championship and we'll need a left winger for that