oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Not going away these crouch rumours like......

I just tweeted this. No smoke without fire. Crouch, Gayle/Rhodes, Stuani and Kike. What do you think of that?

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just tweeted this. No smoke without fire. Crouch, Gayle/Rhodes, Stuani and Kike. What do you think of that?

I would say that Downing will end up on the left if that's what we end up with.

Provided we weren't throwing obscene money at him, and that we were looking to get in someone like Gayle, I'd have Crouch. I think he has a lot to offer, as running has never been a big part of his game, so having a few miles on the clock wouldn't make much of a difference.

Crouch is probably on around £50k a week, Rhodes is on £40k a week. I think we'd be bankrupt.

I was told the Crouch rumour was just someone at the club having a bit of fun, however the only thing is various people have asked AV about Crouch and he has not responded to one of the tweets and there has been no article to say its rubbish like for example the Lambert rumours. I hope this happens...

I want to be excited, but Gayle's stats on Wikipedia aren't amazing...

25 years old

5 ft 9

5 goals in 25 league appearances last season (not sure how many as 'starter')

Anyone have more exciting stats on Gayle?

You are all very naughty boys for circumnavigating the swear filter have let you off this time but a short shrift visit to botty land could ensue next time!!!

I'm suprised the thread isn't closed already  ;)

Ohh dear !!!!!!!!!!

25 years old

5 ft 9

Gayle would be fantastic but really not sure why they would replace him with wickham

Provided we weren't throwing obscene money at him, and that we were looking to get in someone like Gayle, I'd have Crouch. I think he has a lot to offer, as running has never been a big part of his game, so having a few miles on the clock wouldn't make much of a difference.

I think he'd be s really useful signing, definitely gives us different option, he's not to shabby with the ball at his feet either for a big lad

If the Rhodes deal is to come off, it'll have to involve another club. If Blackburn want to sell to a Premier League club, then what that club then do with him immediately is up to them. Steve Gibson is a very well liked man by a lot of his local competitors.

In short, it's not off the table. Yet.

25 years old

5 ft 9

His goals per minute are fairly impressive.

I think it's somewhere around 1 in every 190 minutes in this league and 1 in every 165 in the prem.

I find it interesting that everyone is saying that our current left wing options aren't good enough for a tilt at promotion, but it's basically the same as last season. I know Tomlin was shunted out there once Vossen took over at #10, but he never looked entirely comfortable and I always took that as more of a square peg round hole scenario than a genuine answer to any problem.

Reach is another year older, Wildschut has had another years experience, and Carayol has returned and will hopefully be fit this year. I'm not suggesting I wouldn't like another left winger in, but I don't think our title charge will fail if we don't.

I disagree on this. I think we are sometimes too nice and give players the benefit of the doubt for far too long. Just think of all the sub par performers we've moved on over recent years - none of them have gone on the achieve anything, anywhere*

*Throwing down the gauntlet here... Prove me wrong!

Carayol: Not enough discipline. Massive recent injury

Reach: Not enough threat (easy to defend against). Not enough goals.

Wildschut: Not enough product (too fast for his own good!)

We want the best team in the Championship and we'll need a left winger for that

I'm not suggesting they're perfect, and I'm not suggesting any of them are the best left winger in the Championship - as I said, I'd actually like to see us sign a new left winger.

All that being said, people are acting as though we've lost the best left winger in the league over the summer months. We haven't. We're potentially starting the season with exactly the same winger as last season (Reach), but this time with Carayol competing for his place. To suggest we won't get promoted with the left wing options that we currently have (and I'm not saying you've said that, but I have read it on here) is wrong in my opinion.

If the Rhodes deal is to come off, it'll have to involve another club. If Blackburn want to sell to a Premier League club, then what that club then do with him immediately is up to them. Steve Gibson is a very well liked man by a lot of his local competitors.

In short, it's not off the table. Yet.

Have you heard anything about Dwight Gayle?

25 years old

5 ft 9

I've posted these a million and one times, and these are the figures I'm remembering in my minds eye after researching them before, but:

Dwight Gayle (Mins/Goal)

Premiership - 185.5

Championship - 196

So just over a goal every 2 games. The reason his games/goal stats don't look as good is that he's very rarely started games for Palace, and often started from the bench for Peterborough in his early days there.