oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Absolutely no chance of another team buying Rhodes for our benefits.. If we sign him it will be because we bought him from Blackburn.

It does happen in other countries sometimes.  I wouldn't completely rule it out but as I say it would have to be a club with an owner who has a good relationship with Gibson and I'm not sure how many there are still around.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One other point I'd like to put across which is quite interesting is... Squad numbers haven't been announced yet, Boro said on twitter today they would be named in 'the next few days' I don't no about you lot but it seems to be me they are holding out for something wether it's an incoming or an outgoing player. They never normally leave it this late and the fact they haven't actually set a certain date fills me with a slight bit of hope...

Squad numbers were sorted last week but the club are holding back in announcing them. I wonder why.

You are a bloody tease!

Not sure if anyone heard this, but Gary Bowyer was apparently on 5Live just now talking about Rovers, and said that the Venkys keep changing Rhodes' asking price, and had done so again today.

If Gibson is convinced he can make this happen, then fair play to him, but it's looking more and more like we're being strung along.

Zeki Fryers was also involved in a wonky transfer. Fryers spent the summer training with Tottenham Hotspur ahead of a proposed transfer from Man U. But the two clubs were unable to agree on a compensation package (in England, when a player under the age of 23 leaves a club at the end of his contract, his new club must pay a fee to his old club as compensation for having trained him up). Man U wanted 6 mill. Belgian club Standard Liège also expressed interest in Fryers, and as they are not an English club, they did not have to pay Manchester United the same level of compensation. Standard paid 1 mill. A season later he joined Spurs for £3 mill and Fergie wanted it investigating. Ferguson was quoted saying

‘They took him on trial and to Portugal with the Tottenham squad and came back and said they couldn’t afford him.

All of a sudden he signs for Standard Liege and when I heard that I expected him to go to Tottenham in January.

'The Premier League should stop the registration until they examine it. There will be a trail, mobile phones (records) or something. It’s obvious to me.’

Nothing ever came of it.

Gayle rumours, your only a week late.

Are you enjoying your Tomlin leaving party   :D

Thank you for asking, i am loving it but do think we could of got more than 3.5m, don't get me wrong the lad had some talent, he just wasted it.

I thought we would of got a bit more but on saying that I think hes only worth £2.5M-£3M..

He has the ability to be a good premier league player but imo he doesn't perform to the talent he has on a regular basis... Hes anonymous far to often for my liking.

I think Eddie Howe will get frustrated with him and want rid of him before this time next season.

Absolutely no chance of another team buying Rhodes for our benefits.. If we sign him it will be because we bought him from Blackburn.

It does happen in other countries sometimes.  I wouldn't completely rule it out but as I say it would have to be a club with an owner who has a good relationship with Gibson and I'm not sure how many there are still around.

I'm pretty sure this is really unlikely, but let's face it, if anyone has the contacts to do it, it's gibson with the help of Kenyon and mendes......

One other point I'd like to put across which is quite interesting is... Squad numbers haven't been announced yet, Boro said on twitter today they would be named in 'the next few days'  I don't no about you lot but it seems to be me they are holding out for something wether it's an incoming or an outgoing player. They never normally leave it this late and the fact they haven't actually set a certain date fills me with a slight bit of hope...

Squad numbers were sorted last week but the club are holding back in announcing them. I wonder why.

You are a bloody tease!

We need a minimum of 1 quality striker to finish the job and additional signings are about small improvements or filling the gaps, and it's pretty obvious that the club are active but keeping the cards close to their chests as usual.  

So lets just sit back and have faith.  

And remember, even if we don't sign anyone else we'll all still support the club the same and still want promotion with the squad we have.

The only owner that I can think of who is that unscrupulous and out to make a quick million, is Ashley at Newcastle. Can't think that SM and SG still have a good relationship though.

It''d be a pretty dodgy move by any chairman. It would certainly make us pretty unpopular as well as them.

Thank you for asking, i am loving it but do think we could of got more than 3.5m, don't get me wrong the lad had some talent, he just wasted it.

I thought we would of got a bit more but on saying that I think hes only worth £2.5M-£3M..

He has the ability to be a good premier league player but imo he doesn't perform to the talent he has on a regular basis... Hes anonymous far to often for my liking.

I think Eddie Howe will get frustrated with him and want rid of him before this time next season.

I agree, i think he's only worth 2-3 myself but with his stats alone and current prices of players (rhodes being 14m for exmaple) we could of got at least 5 and i don't buy into this "he'll be a good prem player" he's not even a top championship player.

QThank you for asking, i am loving it but do think we could of got more than 3.5m, don't get me wrong the lad had some talent, he just wasted it.

Surely hes not worth more than 3 mill. Ive read all your posts. Hes crap

The only owner that I can think of who is that unscrupulous and out to make a quick million, is Ashley at Newcastle. Can't think that SM and SG still have a good relationship though.

It''d be a pretty dodgy move by any chairman. It would certainly make us pretty unpopular as well as them.

I think the decision would be above Schteve's head.

Possibly, but I think the Venkys are universally disliked and ridiculed by the football community. We have also put a more than fair offer on the table and they apparently keep moving the goal posts.

It's all hypothetical of course. But interesting nevertheless.

Your right CT but I cant imagine us being lucky enough to pull this deal off through that route.

Not sure if anyone heard this, but Gary Bowyer was apparently on 5Live just now talking about Rovers, and said that the Venkys keep changing Rhodes' asking price, and had done so again today.

If Gibson is convinced he can make this happen, then fair play to him, but it's looking more and more like we're being strung along.

It looks like we are being strung along and I want to say Mr Gibson you daft sod walk away... But I trust he knows what hes doing... I don't trust the Venky`s though... That sounds contradicting but I'm sure you know what I mean.

id be extremely uneasy about giving Blackburn the tiniest opportunity to repeat being involved in having us  involved in another tribunal  ..  imagine getting docked points  relating  to yet another  link with them .