oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

If we go down the third party route, it makes us look untrustworthy; which could affect the way clubs deal with us in future.

Gibson has worked hard to build his and the clubs reputation over the past 29 years - why risk that reputation for a single player?

I was gonna reply but yeah, basically this. 

We might as well have got Harry Redknapp as the manger if we're gonna pull that kinda crap.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we go down the third party route, it makes us look untrustworthy; which could affect the way clubs deal with us in future.

Gibson has worked hard to build his and the clubs reputation over the past 29 years - why risk that reputation for a single player?

Why does it make us look untrustworthy?  They are being awkward not us.  If anything I'd say that if a club was willing to help us out it would make us look trustworthy and reliable or why else would another club take a chance like that?  I very much doubt it's going to happen but I honestly can't work out what the issue is.

But we won't have lied to anyone.

How are they being awkward? By not wantingn to sell to another Championship club? That's not awkward. It's keeping your clubs interests as first interest. There's been comments on here about being happy Tomlin hasn't gone to another Champo club - why is Rhodes any different?

And yes. It would make us untrustworthy because it's oak and dagger stuff. Working behind the back of clubs, regardless of their owners rep, is simply not the Gibson way. He's got honour and dignity. What's being suggested has neither.

This will really come back and bite Blackburn in the ***, who will deal with them after they have gone on like this about a transfer?

They now have an unhappy player who they will only sell to a premier league team, there is no premier league interest, they are in massive debts and have a transfer embargo, they need to sell basically. I fully expect us to sign him on deadline day, if we don't im sure we have a plan B lined up, Gibson isnt daft

The Crouch rumour has been going around for a few days, plenty of tweets around.

Interestingly the club, via Vickers haven't come out and quashed them like some of the earlier rumours.

How are they being awkward? By not wantingn to sell to another Championship club? That's not awkward. It's keeping your clubs interests as first interest. There's been comments on here about being happy Tomlin hasn't gone to another Champo club - why is Rhodes any different?

And yes. It would make us untrustworthy because it's oak and dagger stuff. Working behind the back of clubs, regardless of their owners rep, is simply not the Gibson way. He's got honour and dignity. What's being suggested has neither.

They will be fighting relegation and we will be fighting for the title, we are no threat to them at all, thats the bit I cant understand

It's not cheating, and I would suggest that most chaired now know what the venkys ate like and would probably be looking at ways around having to deal with them. Most would probably see this route as really clever. They also know that because they don't deal they way the venkys do we would never have to go down this route with them. As said, gibbo has a great reputation. I would suggest that it's that reputation that would make other clubs believe it's the venkys that are untrustworthy not us. However, I can't see us doing a deal this way