oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

I think Adomah is going to struggle with us now. It's going to be tough to recover if the dispute was half as hairy as touted. I don't rate him as highly as some on here anyway. And we might go from strength to strength without him a la Wednesday. Wouldn't be shocked to see him sat a***st the reserves until he can secure a move around Christmas or out on a loan with a view to a perm deal. Honestly; I don't think we need him and am actually a little disappointed he's still our player.

As for the window itself - it was excellent. Bit of an anti-climax after this huge signing talk. But we've signed some v good players along the way.

I know nothing about De Pena though - you never know we might have unearthed a gem.

Maybe.  I'm a bit unsure how that performance fits in with what we're likely to expect throughout the season.  Reach suddenly having a really good game is welcome but we can't assume it will be the norm just yet.  Downing started that game on the right, if Reach goes back to what we saw more often last season then we'll need someone to replace him, which I assume will be Downing or the new lad and we have no idea how he will fit in yet either.  Stuani came on and scored, which is a good sign, but it was at a point where Sheff Wed were throwing everyone forward.  The Bristol City game where he actually started he was completely ineffective.  Fabbrini looks for all the world like someone who will be a bit hit and miss at times but when he's good he will be very, very good and a match winner.  If that comes in the right games it could make all the difference.  If Adomah is here and it can be sorted out then I'd rather have him involved than sat on his *** anyway.  We need all the help we can get as an attacking unit in my opinion as I still don't think we're where we want to be yet.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QPR fans are buzzing that they've kept hold of Austin. Not good for us :(

I don't blame them. But how they can flout FFP rules and not be under pressure to sell off assets is beyond me. If I declare bankrupt I am legally obliged to sell off my assets to pay off creditors. They have spent far more than allowed, got a piddling fine, and kept hold of players worth lots of money.

Well I for one hope AK and AA can sort out their differences because having AA in our plans can only make us stronger. He's still the best right winger in the league so I hope there's a fresh start from them 2 after the I/B

I don't blame them. But how they can flout FFP rules and not be under pressure to sell off assets is beyond me. If I declare bankrupt I am legally obliged to sell off my assets to pay off creditors. They have spent far more than allowed, got a piddling fine, and kept hold of players worth lots of money.

They aren't bankrupt bud.

Why is Austin staying at QPR no good to us? He didn't manage to keep them in the premiership, and if he was all that he would have been snapped up. I would be more concerned about the Fulham signings.

Derby are not going to show anything, too many signing to jel in a short period and a manager who has never bossed a team before. They are going to need a season to come to together. In my Opinion..... I still believe we have the best squad in the league with the added benefit of most our signings having already played UTB

I think Adomah is going to struggle with us now. It's going to be tough to recover if the dispute was half as hairy as touted. I don't rate him as highly as some on here anyway. And we might go from strength to strength without him a la Wednesday. Wouldn't be shocked to see him sat a***st the reserves until he can secure a move around Christmas or out on a loan with a view to a perm deal. Honestly; I don't think we need him and am actually a little disappointed he's still our player.

As for the window itself - it was excellent. Bit of an anti-climax after this huge signing talk. But we've signed some v good players along the way.

I know nothing about De Pena though - you never know we might have unearthed a gem.

I agree with the bit about Adomah, I think its all up to him now regarding whether he will play again. Even if he does fall on his sword I cant see AK bringing him straight back into the fold.

I hope that we can get Albert back into our first team plans. I assume he's been training today (and yesterday, unless the players had BH off, has probably spoken to Gibbo and hopefully to Karanka. It didn't particularly seem that the club were trying to get shot of him, and would have presumably tried to get a RW in if the intention was to let Adomah 'rot in the reserves'. So this implies to me that, though we may have been braced for a bid, we aren't actively looking to ship him out, unlike say, Tomlin, who was told that he could leave.

People forget, that while Carayol did fall out with Karanka, they actually did resolve their issues, and Carayol came back into the side. It was his injury and the way he has (or hasn't) recovered that is keeping him out of the team now, coupled with things like the emergence of Reach. So although Karanka has taken a hard line with players in the past, I don't think it's out of the question that Adomah can continue as a Middlesbrough player.

Why is Austin staying at QPR no good to us? He didn't manage to keep them in the premiership, and if he was all that he would have been snapped up. I would be more concerned about the Fulham signings.

Derby are not going to show anything, too many signing to jel in a short period and a manager who has never bossed a team before. They are going to need a season to come to together. In my Opinion..... I still believe we have the best squad in the league with the added benefit of most our signings having already played UTB

Why is Austin staying at QPR no good to us? He didn't manage to keep them in the premiership,

He did manage to take them up though.

I know that. I was just making an analogy with the real world. They spent more than they were allowed to. It would make sense in that scenario to force a club to raise funds from their most valuable asset, which in football is usually the players.

Well I for one hope AK and AA can sort out their differences because having AA in our plans can only make us stronger. He's still the best right winger in the league so I hope there's a fresh start from them 2 after the I/B

Tbh I think this best winger in the league stuff is rubbish and has been put to bed. Antonio had a queue of teams after him, Phillips was constantly linked to a premiership move. Adomah has been publicly available for over a week and nothing more than a couple of rumours. He's good don't get me wrong, but best in the league? Not really.

I know that. I was just making an analogy with the real world. They spent more than they were allowed to. It would make sense in that scenario to force a club to raise funds from their most valuable asset, which in football is usually the players.

Don't confuse them breaking the rules in the past with their position now. It's possible that they are actually within FFP rules as it stands so they don't actually need to sell anyone.  Bankruptcy and this aren't really comparable although I get your point mate.

Tbh I think this best winger in the league stuff is rubbish and has been put to bed. Antonio had a queue of teams after him, Phillips was constantly linked to a premiership move. Adomah has been publicly available for over a week and nothing more than a couple of rumours. He's good don't get me wrong, but best in the league? Not really.

Well Antonio's gone now. :D