• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think CT makes some good points, however depressing they are. If we want to have a chance of getting promoted this season we're going to have to learn, firstly to break teams down that "park the bus", and secondly we're going to have to learn to finish teams off when we go in front. I'm just hopeful now that with all the new attacking signings we've made we can just find the right set up, the right starting 11 that will play week in, week out.

I think part of the solution lies with Forshaw. He is an attacking minded midfielder who has already shown that he can get back and defend when needed. He's done so much to prove himself and he needs to be given a chance. I'm hopeful that Fabbrini proves to be consistent as he's definitely an improvment on Tomlin up to now, and whilst Downing has been playing well already I'm hoping he can press on and take it up a notch and really settle in. I do think Stuani will come good but I'm not sure about playing him RW just for the sake of it, unless we're playing a narrow formation that works. Nugent as we already know will score and set up goals but he's by no means a Patrick Bamford or Jordan Rhodes. Carlos de Pena is an unknown quantity at the moment but I'm really excited about him and I'm hoping he can prove to be a top top class player in the Championship.

Right back and centre back were all inexperienced, this year they're more experienced and more settled, so improved. Right wing, we've a few options where we didn't last year, it was adomah or bamford. now its adomah, downing, stuani.

Centre midfield, is improved over the start of last year, with Foreshaw realistically challenging now. plus I think we'll still see a loaneee in this position at the end of the month/early oct to take us through to January.

Ok. I think stuani is a huge improvement squad wise. He can only score against the teams he has played against and he has 5 already. He played on the right and wasn't particularly good there. I hope AK recognises this and plays him mainly up top.

I think fabrini is quicker than tomlin and is a box of tricks. He will imo bamboozle defences, and when he has bad games we have genuine replacements on the bench. I would suggest that last season we didn't really have that option (in fact towards the end of the season the front 4 picked itself).

From what I have seen of de pena (which granted isn't a lot) he looks pretty quick, has great control and is willing to take potshots from range.

If AA has his head screwed on he will do what he did last season, if not I have faith that AK will bring in a perferctly good replacement in on loan.

Last term people worried about Meijas as a backup. This season we have agazzi who has played plenty of times in the Italian league.

All in all I would suggest we are in a better place than last season.

I wish AK had thought about all of these things......

I'm sure he has bud.  He strikes me as a thoughtful man that has clear ideas about what he wants to do and how he wants to do it.  But that comment to me says that you think he's infallible and as we didn't get promoted last season then we have to assume that isn't the case.  To put it another way, do you think that AK had thought about all those things last summer?

Our squad is better this season in every single way,

If you ignore right back, left back, centre back, centre midfield and right wing which are the same then you're spot on.

You could argue that because Kalas, Ayala, and Gibson are all young defenders they'll be more experienced, therefore better. So he's only ignoring left back, centre mid and right wing. Downing played RW at the weekend. He's much better than Adomah. That leaves left back and CM. Friend is exactly the same, as are the three midfielders.

Reading most of the criticism and judgement of the squad and AK, I get the feeling some people on here are trying to be too clever in their judgement of what is basically a new team. I can name players who took some time to adapt and went on to become some of the best players to play in our leagues. There is a wealth of knowledge on here but sometimes a lack of common sense - you can't bring in a complete new front line and expect a well oiled machine over night, I sometimes think I've logged into LFC or MUFC when I start reading about how underwhelmed people are and what they expect - I'm not going to tar people with the same brush but a lot of you sound like the people I had to sit a***st in the Ravanelli / Juninho days, who then duly disappeared when we went down and and they couldn't find another club quick enough. Luckily for us we have a great set of supporters who outweigh the critics and know alls and are there for AK, Gibbo and the club - I genuinely don't know what some of you want or expect from this club, all these demands of the millions we should be spending - I'd love to see someone put forward as to where we are getting this money from and why we should appeal to these players? Do people actually think before they post? look at last years transfers compared to this years, look at how far AK got us and its already negative drivel time. I'd personally like to thank SG, AK and all involved for all the efforts in this transfer window and giving me a season I'm really excited about and looking forward to.

The amount of negativity you spout is unbelievable and I'm kinda sick of reading it now. I know you will say "something something something mate. Its a fact" but you know what I mean, and its not just this comment in isolation anyway. Sometimes I wonder why you are so miserable, its time to be happy! Boro are on the up, including last season, for the first time since we got relegated, ride the wave even if your "sensible head" tells you otherwise. If it goes tits up this year or next we might be down here for awhile more so get involved or god help us how you will feel if we get stuck in this mire for the long long term.

This summer has been great for boro. High prices yes but the market is kind of nuts right now with inflated fees. If the team can gell and Aitor manages it well I think we will go up. I firmly believe we have the players capable of it. Yes there are other teams with dangerous players, but depth wise and overall ability I think we are definitely up there as a top squad.

Another oddball response from you. I just hope you don't give me yet another negative rep point as a result as I don't think I could cope  :rolleyes:

I don't really care what you do or don't want to read. I'm comfortable with what I have to say on whatever subject I'm talking about.  If you don't like it then please feel free not to read it but don't reply to me telling me that you don't want to read it as it won't make the slightest bit of difference.    

I think if somebody says that we have players that will be able to beat teams that park the bus and that we've faced that twice and haven't actually scored then it's a relevant point to make.  Whether you like it or not that actually is a fact.  Whether that will be the case over the course of the season none of us know as a fact so all we have are opinions.  We struggled with this aspect of our game at times last season and we have so far this season.  So is it fair to say we may again?

I'm not remotely miserable in any aspect of my life and certainly not when it comes to Boro.  We have no idea whether the summer has been good or not yet though, that will only be seen over time.  

I didn't use the word mate as I know you don't like it.  I imagine you don't get to use it much.

Upon checking back, that negative rep point back in February, yes FEBRUARY, seems to have really hurt you if you are quoting something from more than 6 months ago haha. The fact that you can even remember it is evidence enough. Poor you.

The amount of negativity you spout is unbelievable and I'm kinda sick of reading it now. I know you will say "something something something mate. Its a fact" but you know what I mean, and its not just this comment in isolation anyway. Sometimes I wonder why you are so miserable, its time to be happy! Boro are on the up, including last season, for the first time since we got relegated, ride the wave even if your "sensible head" tells you otherwise. If it goes tits up this year or next we might be down here for awhile more so get involved or god help us how you will feel if we get stuck in this mire for the long long term.

This summer has been great for boro. High prices yes but the market is kind of nuts right now with inflated fees. If the team can gell and Aitor manages it well I think we will go up. I firmly believe we have the players capable of it. Yes there are other teams with dangerous players, but depth wise and overall ability I think we are definitely up there as a top squad.

Another oddball response from you. I just hope you don't give me yet another negative rep point as a result as I don't think I could cope  :rolleyes:

I don't really care what you do or don't want to read. I'm comfortable with what I have to say on whatever subject I'm talking about.  If you don't like it then please feel free not to read it but don't reply to me telling me that you don't want to read it as it won't make the slightest bit of difference.    

I think if somebody says that we have players that will be able to beat teams that park the bus and that we've faced that twice and haven't actually scored then it's a relevant point to make.  Whether you like it or not that actually is a fact.  Whether that will be the case over the course of the season none of us know as a fact so all we have are opinions.  We struggled with this aspect of our game at times last season and we have so far this season.  So is it fair to say we may again?

I'm not remotely miserable in any aspect of my life and certainly not when it comes to Boro.  We have no idea whether the summer has been good or not yet though, that will only be seen over time.  

I didn't use the word mate as I know you don't like it.  I imagine you don't get to use it much.

[video=youtube]

I know right, just felt like a 4 year old kid tried to upset me on the school playground....

I wish AK had thought about all of these things......

I'm sure he has bud.  He strikes me as a thoughtful man that has clear ideas about what he wants to do and how he wants to do it.  But that comment to me says that you think he's infallible and as we didn't get promoted last season then we have to assume that isn't the case.  To put it another way, do you think that AK had thought about all those things last summer?

No not at all, I don't believe he is remotely infallible. What I do think is that he will have looked long and hard at what we need, analysed how players would fit into the system he is using, and how they would potentially fit into systems that he may need to change to during games.

He will have looked at many players, probably including some of the ones you would have chosen, but for one reason or another decided to buy the ones he has. This could be for many reasons...price, wage demands, the willingness of the said player to join us, the willingness of the selling club to sell to us. After all, you don't just choose a player. You can't just say 'they aren't the players I'd have bought'.

Is he fallible? Of course he is. I don't like the fact he plays leadboots. However, I have faith in him, and have faith that he knows how to get the best possible players available to fit the way he wants to play. I trust he could do this better than me and I trust he knows how to do it better than everyone else on here too.

Right I wouldn't normally do this but I'm going to name names. (This is all my opinion and by no means is the only opinions of the whole oneBoro team)

CT. For my liking posts things in a glass is half empty kinda way. Doesn't seem to get excited by much, but explains everything he say in a concise and articulate way giving examples when he can. If he thinks he's right he won't budge on his view point but I could also name 20 other posters the same

Humpty. For me one of the most knowledgable posters on the forum. He will engage in pretty much every discussion and give a rounded input on it. Sometimes will just throw a sarcy comment in there usually in fun. But when asked what he actually means will give a full answer that (in my case anyway) usually makes you agree

Naughty Boy. He's a heart on your sleeve poster. As passionate as any about Boro but will let his emotions lead some of his posts at times. Just read a couple after we've lost to see. He's by no means the only poster that does this just the first one I thought of when giving this example. But always comes back and tries to explain what he meant to say

KM. One of the forum good guys. I've never seen him bite or react to anything on the forum even if on a occasions its directed at him. Finds snippets of information from people he may know or by the 10000's of Man hours he trawls through Twitter. Even though if it changes and leaves himself wide open to critics my. He does it with without trying to portray a big time Charlie.

Now the point of this is to demonstrate we have all kinds of members on the forum. Not everyone will agree or get on but we should treat respectfully or if you can't do that just ignore completely. There's no need to snap at anyone.

But saying that if you do have real issue with a member try and let a Mod know about it and we'll try and help as best we can.

Anyways sorry for bleating on, just want to put that out there

P.s if any of the guys I used as an example take issue with what I said, please PM me and I'll explain what I meant

Really...two england internationals an italian international etc etc.    you really had high expectations didnt you

Who did you realistically want, in that case?

So who could we have signed to not make this window a disappointment?

I think first of all you have to look at what we've actually signed.  Ten players of which maybe three are first choice, possibly four?  

You can't question the Downing signing, I think he should be head and shoulders above the rest of the division in terms of ability.  Whether he'll be the most effective player in the Championship is something I kinda doubt actually especially playing for us.  But he doesn't need to be the most effective in the league, just effective enough to help get us promoted!  He improves us without question though.  Stuani hasn't impressed me so far, a few goals against lower league teams means nothing to me.  The goal at Sheff Wed came as a result of them throwing everyone forward.  His one start in the league he offered absolutely nothing and he doesn't look to me to be an especially creative player if he ends up on the right hand side for us. So all those moaning about Adomah could end up disappointed in that sense. Should hopefully offer a goal threat though but then the emphasis is on a few other players to do all of the creative work and I wonder if that limits us?  Fabbrini will be a bit hit and miss in my opinion and he's only had one good game so far (Bolton) but people are already getting carried away.  When he's good I think he'll be really good but whether that's as often as we'd like remains to be seen.  Nugent wouldn't have been my choice and I think there were better out there but he should score some goals and he's the type to get involved so I have no major issue with signing him, he just wouldn't have been my preference. I also question how all of these are going to fit together and so far we haven't really seen that because the only time Nugent and Stuani started together we were actually pretty poor and of course Downing started that game and Fabbrini came on at half time.

The defensive buys don't improve us with the exception of Kalas who we had here last season. Amorebieta is just a player I don't rate as I said last season.  When I judge players I always think about whether I'd like to seem them playing 20/25/30 games over the season and other than Kalas I don't see that in any of them so we need to hope we don't get injuries or it could be a problem.

I'd have loved to see us sign a midfielder because I think that when we are poor/ineffective, this is where it stems from. I don't know what this De Pena guy is like but we don't seem to have added pace.  I can live with that if you're making yourself a better footballing side but as we seem to like counter attacking then maybe it would be useful.  Not every team will be as accommodating as Sheff Wed were on the weekend just throwing everyone forward and I wonder how well we will break teams down if we have say Stuani on the right, Downing on the left and Fabbrini in the middle.  That's basically only two creative players in the whole side and no pace to simply go past people.  

I don't know, I was hoping for more though, not necessarily in terms of individuals but maybe in terms of direction.  Don't know if that makes sense but well it does to me.

We didn't need to improve defensively, so let's just put that to the side.

I agree about a central midfield player, ideally I wanted a powerful box to box type midfielder who can make things happen. I think it's fair to say that Karanka clearly disagrees with this as we haven't made any signings for those two midfield positions other than Stephens who is obviously going to be defensively minded. If Karanka doesn't want that type of player and doesn't believe that is the issue then we weren't ever going to get a player like that so I find it hard to be disappointed when there was no chance of it happening anyway.

Now onto the attacking positions, Downing can be put to one side as I think we share the same view about what he can and will do for us. With Fabrinni I think you're being a bit harsh, yes the only game he's had a huge impact on is the Bolton game. However he has still played well in other games, in 20 minutes at Preston he changed the game and gave us some chance of breaking them down, when he came on against Bristol we created far more chances than before he came on, and at Burton (I know you weren't there so you can't argue ;) ) he gave us a completely different dimension and drove us on. So, although he has only had a huge impact in one game I have seen enough to be very happy with his signing.

Stuani and Nugent are difficult to judge but they can only score and assist against what's in front of them, the only real chance they've had in the league was against Bristol and the entire team had an off day that day, hell our defence even looked shaky! Stuani is also improving, having seen him a few times in person he has got better every time I have seen him play, I'm sure the same will happen with Nugent as he was crack against Bristol.

De Pena looks fast from what I've seen, which I am pleased about as I agree with you about needing some pace on the counter attack, however let's not forget that Downing was actually the second fastest player in the prem last season.

Right I wouldn't normally do this but I'm going to name names. (This is all my opinion and by no means is the only opinions of the whole oneBoro team)

CT. For my liking posts things in a glass is half empty kinda way. Doesn't seem to get excited by much, but explains everything he say in a concise and articulate way giving examples when he can. If he thinks he's right he won't budge on his view point but I could also name 20 other posters the same

Humpty. For me one of the most knowledgable posters on the forum. He will engage in pretty much every discussion and give a rounded input on it. Sometimes will just throw a sarcy comment in there usually in fun. But when asked what he actually means will give a full answer that (in my case anyway) usually makes you agree

Naughty Boy. He's a heart on your sleeve poster. As passionate as any about Boro but will let his emotions lead some of his posts at times. Just read a couple after we've lost to see. He's by no means the only poster that does this just the first one I thought of when giving this example. But always comes back and tries to explain what he meant to say

KM. One of the forum good guys. I've never seen him bite or react to anything on the forum even if on a occasions its directed at him. Finds snippets of information from people he may know or by the 10000's of Man hours he trawls through Twitter. Even though if it changes and leaves himself wide open to critics my. He does it with without trying to portray a big time Charlie.

Now the point of this is to demonstrate we have all kinds of members on the forum. Not everyone will agree or get on but we should treat respectfully or if you can't do that just ignore completely. There's no need to snap at anyone.

But saying that if you do have real issue with a member try and let a Mod know about it and we'll try and help as best we can.

Anyways sorry for bleating on, just want to put that out there

P.s if any of the guys I used as an example take issue with what I said, please PM me and I'll explain what I meant

Thanks mate.