oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Thanks to the posters who have gave out what info they had and made this an exciting transfer window - well done for sticking to your guns and putting up with endless and needless criticism too. Theres been some fun and informing posts, shame theres been a load of cow dung entwined into it but some people just need to be heard somewhere and I'm guessing a lot of them get told to shut the **** up in the pub or at home off the missus so hopefully they've enjoyed their little stage here.

I pour my heart out about all things MFC to my dog but he just looks at me and tries to steal my shoe

Play reverse psychology and tell him you 'don't want the stupid shoe anyway' probs won't work but it may empower you for a brief moment

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see the window , and this thread close

Been said elsewhere but some great posts mixed in with utter tripe (mine probably in the latter!)

Last year I said Norwich would go up because they had the best squad by miles in the league. This year we are Norwich and AK has assembled a squad to take us up , simple as that.

He and SG have been brave enough to know that we had a great defensive base but needed to totally rebuild the front 4 into a more potent unit if we wanted to go up and in the players we now have I think they have done that , and more.

At the end of the window our 23 looks lIke:

1. Dimi

2. Agazzi

3. Mejias

4. Kalas

5. Nsue

6. Ayala

7. Gibson

8. Nando

9. Woodgate

10. Friend

11. Husband

12. Adomah

13. Stuani

14. Leadbitter

15. Clayton

16. Foreshaw

17. Stephens

18. Reach

19. Pena

20. Downing

21. Fabbrini

22. Nugent

23. Kike

Unfortunately Husband went to Fulham on loan

Personally I think there would be less negativity from some on here regarding our summer dealings if we had signed the majority of them on deadline day..

I dunno you know, I for one am glad that we got most of our business done early, however I can't hide I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get who was our main primary target from the very beginning (Rhodes). Other than that I am happy. Except angry at West Ham for being so greedy.

like the final squad, would of liked to have got rid of adomah but thats the only problem i have,

going to reserve judgement on de pena until after xmas think it will take him while to get settled .

also would like to see downing start dominating games like we know he can do .

Feeling good about this season UTB

1. Dimi

2. Agazzi

3. Mejias

4. Kalas

5. Nsue

6. Ayala

7. Gibson

8. Nando

9. Woodgate

10. Friend

11. Husband

12. Adomah

13. Stuani

14. Leadbitter

15. Clayton

16. Foreshaw

17. Stephens

18. Reach

19. Pena

20. Downing

21. Fabbrini

22. Nugent

23. Kike

Only for a month though isn't it?

1. Dimi

2. Agazzi

3. Mejias

4. Kalas

5. Nsue

6. Ayala

7. Gibson

8. Nando

9. Woodgate

10. Friend

11. Husband

12. Adomah

13. Stuani

14. Leadbitter

15. Clayton

16. Foreshaw

17. Stephens

18. Reach

19. Pena

20. Downing

21. Fabbrini

22. Nugent

23. Kike

Only for a month though isn't it?

Yeah it's only a month long, but I think it can be extended though

Not forgetting Damia, Baptiste and possibly Williams to come back. We've got loads of defensive cover, as you say Fry and Shakey can also play CB, I can see Husband's loan being extended.

We've already got 5 loanees, all of which could feature in the matchday squads, so I would say, baring an injury to one of them, our business is done for this year.

Ok just a reminder that the thread will be closed at 1200hrs later on today, think it is fair to say that this one has been of the usual standards of ups and downs as with others but it has been a very productive period for the club.

Would like to thank everyone for the good and not so good times, those who made very bold statements please continue for the next time which sadly will not be to far away and to all the new members who have joined the forum due to this particular thread.

I am glad that the thread will be closing and that we can all look forward to seeing just how things pan out for the Boro in the weeks to come.

Has ph done a final update to his transfer thread?

I have been rather busy over the last week and haven't been able to follow n update the transfer thread as closely. Was hoping the summary thread take a life of its own, but didn't end up that way. Well I hope the summary thread was helpful to at least a few for the week I was updating it. .

It has been a rather fruitful transfer window, although the same can be said for a few other clubs like Derby, Reading and QPR. Let's hope with the new signings, we can go one better this season!

Even still, Amorebrieta can cover at LB and Stephens can play at CB, too. Not forgetting Fry is also here unless/until he gets a loan move in the Emergency Window.

i think fry and woody will be interchangable for that 4th cb spot.

the only thing with the  squad is if Stuani's a cf we are short at RM.

i think however Stuani will play more like an insider forward. The new lad looks to have a decent cross on him which will help Stuani.

Even still, Amorebrieta can cover at LB and Stephens can play at CB, too. Not forgetting Fry is also here unless/until he gets a loan move in the Emergency Window.

i think fry and woody will be interchangable for that 4th cb spot.

the only thing with the  squad is if Stuani's a cf we are short at RM.

i think however Stuani will play more like an insider forward. The new lad looks to have a decent cross on him which will help Stuani.

Fabbrini and Downing and both play there too

Aye, when Stuani plays alongside Fab and Stewy, there won't be as much width. The narrower three will mean that, ultimately, even if say Fabbrini or Downi are on the right hand side of it, they'll still be Inside Foreards and won't stay as the wider option throughout. If we want more natural width, presuming Adomah remains out of th picture, there's always the option of de Pena, Downing, Fabbrini, Wildschut, Nsue - even Chapman - there. Or we can utilise Forshaw as a kind of withdrawn No. 10 and play with Fab and Stewy behind the striker in a sort of advanced diamond. All of course based on if Stuani got injured.

The versatility of the new intake is what excites me most. The opportunity to have players roaming in and out of one another's positions and the ability to change system, even between defence/attack transitions, is going to make us far less obvious than last term; especially once the new lads have settled in further.

Curtis -They can but I don't think either are ideal - although Downing has played there a lot over his career.

Snowblind. I think the width will have to come from the FB's for a lot of games if any of those three are on the right.

Agreed, and I think it suits us well. It gives much more space and Freedom for Friend and Kalas to bomb forward and link up. A narrower front four also means that the opposition full backs are pulled further inside, which is also plus point for the full backs when they get forward.