• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big bids for Adomah and Friend? I hope so. Good wing players yes, but neither is a very accurate crosser of the ball. One of the reasons why our goal tally was so low this season. The other is that we are ineffective from set pieces. You may disagree, but how many goals have been scored as result of crosses from our wingers. How may goals scored from set pieces. The answer as compared with other teams finishing at the top end of the league, is not enough.

Release (7):

Omeruo - poor season, unlikely to oust Ayala and Gibson, and won't sign to sit on the bench.

Amorebieta - in my opinion, we can do better.

Woodgate - has only been available for a few games this season, a coaching position would be perfect.

Ledesma - inconsistent and can't quite cut it in a promotion chasing team

Fredericks - won't sign to sit on the bench, especially if Kalas signs.

Bamford - has been fantastic in my opinion, and would love him to stay, but he'll play PL football next year.

L.Williams - never fulfilled his potential.

Sign/Extend/Loan (5):

Kalas - I had my doubts, but clearly he's committed to the cause, and as long as he plays RB I think he could do well.

CB - as back-up or competition, ideally some experience.

Whitehead - think he has another season in him as cover, when asked to play RB or CM he does a solid job.

CF - a goalscorer who can win headers, can be bullish and can lead the line on his own when need be. Ideally, Rhodes.

Vossen - I still have some doubts, but I love his work ethic and has improved as the season has gone on.

Squad:

GK: Dimi, Ripley, Mejias.

CB: Ayala, Gibson, ?????, Williams.

RB: Kalas, Abella, 

LB: Friend, Husband.

CM: Leadbitter, Clayton, Forshaw, Whitehead.

FW: Adomah, Tomlin, Carayol, Nsue, Reach, Wildschut.

ST: Rhodes, Vossen, Kike.

Team:

---------------------------- Dimi -----------------------------

--------------------- Ayala - Gibson ----------------------

--------- Kalas --------------------------- Friend ---------

------------------ Leadbitter - Clayton ------------------

-------- Adomah ------------------------- Tomlin --------

-------------------------- Vossen ---------------------------

-------------------------- Rhodes --------------------------

i think it would be  wrong to have a major upheaval  but having said that we will most likely have to find man for man replacements for Bamford, and  Omerou as i cant see them here next season and  maybe Vossen too.  added to that  Whitehead Fredricks both Williams and  Woodgate may also be gone . so  squad wise we probably will see  quite a few new faces . 

i think looking at the main 11  we need  a  keeper. right back a goalscoring midfielder and at least one attacker  .  

just from watching the play off games  some playere that caught the eye  and wouldnt break the bank  were  the chesterfield  right back darikwa,  Southend,s keeper Bentley , Luongo from Swindon and  Humphreys from Preston   as for a striker  Rhodes  might be worth another  inquiry

Release (7):

Omeruo - poor season, unlikely to oust Ayala and Gibson, and won't sign to sit on the bench.

Amorebieta - in my opinion, we can do better.

Woodgate - has only been available for a few games this season, a coaching position would be perfect.

Ledesma - inconsistent and can't quite cut it in a promotion chasing team

Fredericks - won't sign to sit on the bench, especially if Kalas signs.

Bamford - has been fantastic in my opinion, and would love him to stay, but he'll play PL football next year.

L.Williams - never fulfilled his potential.

Sign/Extend/Loan (5):

Kalas - I had my doubts, but clearly he's committed to the cause, and as long as he plays RB I think he could do well.

CB - as back-up or competition, ideally some experience.

Whitehead - think he has another season in him as cover, when asked to play RB or CM he does a solid job.

CF - a goalscorer who can win headers, can be bullish and can lead the line on his own when need be. Ideally, Rhodes.

Vossen - I still have some doubts, but I love his work ethic and has improved as the season has gone on.

Squad:

GK: Dimi, Ripley, Mejias.

CB: Ayala, Gibson, ?????, Williams.

RB: Kalas, Abella, 

LB: Friend, Husband.

CM: Leadbitter, Clayton, Forshaw, Whitehead.

FW: Adomah, Tomlin, Carayol, Nsue, Reach, Wildschut.

ST: Rhodes, Vossen, Kike.

Team:

---------------------------- Dimi -----------------------------

--------------------- Ayala - Gibson ----------------------

--------- Kalas --------------------------- Friend ---------

------------------ Leadbitter - Clayton ------------------

-------- Adomah ------------------------- Tomlin --------

-------------------------- Vossen ---------------------------

-------------------------- Rhodes --------------------------

I don't see that team being much different from this season. Tomlin being there weakens us, it makes us lopsided and we all know he'll just vanish. Either sell him and use the funds to buy a really good winger or still, get a really good winger and rotate him and Vossen.

Not sure on how much wages it would cost but i'd love to see us sign Kenwyne Jones, alongside Jermaine Beckford, that line up would guarantee goals

Beckford is a League 1 level striker. Failed constantly at this level. (he was utter garbage at Bolton and Leicester and comes with an attitude.)

Not sure on how much wages it would cost but i'd love to see us sign Kenwyne Jones, alongside Jermaine Beckford, that line up would guarantee goals

Beckford is a League 1 level striker. Failed constantly at this level. (he was utter garbage at Bolton and Leicester and comes with an attitude.)

Beckford is trash at this level and there is no way AK is changing formation IMO.

KJ I think is to lazy for our style.

Tomlin has been played out of his best position in our 4231 set up in my opinion .  weve tried him  pretty much  everywhere within the 3 part of it and  hes  on the whole been  prone to either not been influential enough or  having to drop far too deep to  get hold of the ball thus  losing his  major asset   and as a result hasnt scored half as many goals as he is genuinely capable of   .

id welcome  at this time  trying a more  attacking formation   433  , 4312  or 442(diamond)

1.) Kalas on a season long loan - likes being here and solves our RB conundrum. If not, then maybe Yedlin from Spurs.

2.) Vossen OR some type of experienced Championship level striker. Maybe Le Fondre?

3.) Massimo Luongo from Swindon - would tear *** up at this level.

4.) Carles Gil - unreal I know but I would cream my pants if it happened. Sherwood doesn't rate him, but its pretty damn obvious he is a massive talent. Please make it happen Gibson!

5.) New CB. I don't care who.

Im struggling to think of strikers around at the moment. Thinking of strikers off the top of my head Jones Bent Lambert Rhodes Gestede Nuhiu Drogba ;). Perhaps Bamford may decide he has unfinished business here. To be honest all are probably very unlikely but Im struggling to think of strikers who are available and who would be realistic. Perhaps going abroad may have to be the answer.

Big bids for Adomah and Friend? I hope so. Good wing players yes, but neither is a very accurate crosser of the ball. One of the reasons why our goal tally was so low this season. The other is that we are ineffective from set pieces. You may disagree, but how many goals have been scored as result of crosses from our wingers. How may goals scored from set pieces. The answer as compared with other teams finishing at the top end of the league, is not enough.

Friend is the best rb in the division and a huge threat like today a big loss if he goes

Beckford is a great striker i think he lost his mojo but has gor it back im not sure hed move as hes happy at preston bput if he did id have him

Big bids for Adomah and Friend? I hope so. Good wing players yes, but neither is a very accurate crosser of the ball. One of the reasons why our goal tally was so low this season. The other is that we are ineffective from set pieces. You may disagree, but how many goals have been scored as result of crosses from our wingers. How may goals scored from set pieces. The answer as compared with other teams finishing at the top end  of the league, is not enough.

Friend is the best rb in the division and a huge threat like today a big loss if he goes

I agree with you, but could we afford to turn down any big bid for him. I'm afraid the answer is no.