oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Husband may be young and alright but George is the most handsome man to ever grace the Riverside.

He will be sorely missed if he goes.

I know he would probably like a shot at the premiership but he seems to genuinely love it here. I think it would have to be the right move for all parties.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed

Agreed.

Just for clarity, are you agreeing with the original statement or agreeing with linojo agreeing with it?

Agreed.

Re:all

I have to agree with you all agreeing, I find it very agreeable!

If only CT was here to disagree!  :D

Although I agree that £5m or £6m would be an irresistible offer George. Particularly if that money would fund the acquisition of Downing or Rhodes. Following on that scenario. Tomlin is likely to find his place in the side difficult to retain. Should we consider selling both. I would sell Tomlin if it meant we could acquire Vossen.

I'd not sell Tomlin to bring in Vossen, personally... I'd rather us sign a young Number 10 who could learn from Downing. That's obviously under the presumption that if we signed Downing and sold Tomlin. Jordan Jones could learn a lot from him. Was impressed with the Millwall lad - Fred Onyedinma - during his loan at Wycombe. He'd be worth keeping some scouts eyes on.

Reckon we could see some of Harry Chapman and Dael Fry next term.

Trying to figure out who had the saddest 'Exclusive' or 'Breaking' story

Our "Downing may or may not sign but probably will, only if a lot of things go our way"

Or

WHU "FIRST TEAM PLAYER BECOMES TEAM CAPTAIN"

Glad it not just Boro having a slow closed season :s

We have built this team on the foundation of a strong defence, if we sell Friend, Ayala or Gibson we are really weakening our team and we wont be able to replace them. Dont know where Husband has suddenly got this reputation as a good player now either, nothing better than average every time I have seen him play. Couldnt replace Friend

Yes friend will be hard to replace. But, and this is probably the biggest but of the season.

It is clear that we didn't score enough goals last season. Yes we had an incredibly strong defence, but goals win games. It's abundantly clear that with the profit we would get on Friend we could get some players in attack areas.

As a Championship club, unfortunately, we don't have the saving grace of turning down an offer of 4-6 million for Friend. The situation we are in needs improving and when an offer like that comes in, financially we would be foolish to turn it down.

We have built this team on the foundation of a strong defence, if we sell Friend, Ayala or Gibson we are really weakening our team and we wont be able to replace them. Dont know where Husband has suddenly got this reputation as a good player now either, nothing better than average every time I have seen him play. Couldnt replace Friend

As I said in my post, I judge him more from what I saw of him at Doncaster when he was playing week-in-week-out. Looked a great left back then. Granted he's not been phenomenal for us yet, but given a run of games like he was at Fulham I'm sure we'd see him recapture the form we paid £500k to acquire.

on a side note, the Quinn fella from hull has agreed to sign for reading on a bosman. i fancied him like. maybe like someone said though we have improved and he might not be good enough for us now. certainly looked the part against us when last in this league. we were poop though.