oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Are we taking the Pink Ponce as gospel?

The man who told us the opening fixtures weeks in advance........and got them all wrong!

Tbh It has nothing to do with Pink Ponce and what he says, it is more to do with tell tale signs of things AV is now coming out with because it begins to indicate that sooner or later what is going on behind closed doors will soon be revealed.

Tension and speculation are about to be notched up somehat :)  

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another issue that will really irk me as an individual would be to see Vossen go to Burnley and really do the business for them as I do see them as a serious contender next season

and to Burnley too - with that Boro-hating idiot in charge.

He still can't get over 1997 can he? 

AV has a "real Boro story" later on. Let's hope it's something to do with transfers for the sake of my sanity.

And I've just been on the SMB forum (yes, call me sad) and few of their fans also reckon Downing is going to Boro.

What is the SMB forum?

Sunderland Message Board. You should try it, it's very popular with fans of other teams :P

I love it - it's like FMTTM on acid - just a forum of absolute scumbags who can't discuss anything like adults!

So long as we get £5m+ I think it'll be a good deal. A fantastic amount given we paid around £150k for him. If he does leave - he's been a fantastic servant to the club and a fan favourite. But, needs must... We need cash to improve he front line, and £5m for a Champiosnhip Defender is a considerable fee.

So then we could assume that WBA may have made a second offer that perhaps SG feels he needs to discuss with George personally?

Going to stick my neck out I honestly feel we are going to go for Jordon Rhodes and we need cash in hand from sales to help us pull the transfer off.

Things are very quiet from all sources in and around Blackburn and Rhodes.

So long as we get £5m+ I think it'll be a good deal. A fantastic amount given we paid around £150k for him. If he does leave - he's been a fantastic servant to the club and a fan favourite. But, needs must... We need cash to improve he front line, and £5m for a Champiosnhip Defender is a considerable fee.

So then we could assume that WBA may have made a second offer that perhaps SG feels he needs to discuss with George personally?

Going to stick my neck out I honestly feel we are going to go for Jordon Rhodes and we need cash in hand from sales to help us pull the transfer off.

Things are very quiet from all sources in and around Blackburn and Rhodes.

This has been my thoughts lately, it just all seems to fit

To be fair I think WBA would suit George right down to the ground imo.

BWS you are correct in what has been previously mentioned however with a sale that could become manageable, another thought then perhaps Bamford will come back next season on the promise of a permanent transfer to Boro if we get promoted?

Too much has been said about a complete wholesale change of our attacking intent next season that is why I firmly believe that Rhodes is part and parcel of that

To he honest, the timing of all of this is what is probably best.

He's just had an incredible season where his profit has gone up.

We are in the market for a new striker and need the cash to do that.

Added to this we got him for 150k..it's a no brainer.

I'll hold my hands up and say I didn't think we would get Rhodes, but if we are selling Friend and Co then it might...'might' just happen.

The thought of Downing and Rhodes combining is making me moist

Reading through that piece AV just put up about the window officially opening tomorrow etc etc it seems to me like he 's bracing us for another long wait.

He timelined the pre season and said we could put out a good lineup tomorrow implying there's no rush. Hope that wasn't the story he was talking about but he made it sound like nothing was imminent.

I think there are many examples of the right players being at a club at the wrong time especially when promotion has been an issue.

Players move on for the self benefit as well as to the selling clubs benefit, new players come in and sometimes that magic ingredient arrives and has an impact where the ultimate goal is reached.

If he does leave for whatever reason George Friend will go being held in the highest esteem by every Boro fan and for those who have a man crush on him, well that will not change will it?

Nearly 4,000 posts and we haven't even had a concrete rumour...it's going to be a long summer!

softly softly catchy monkey  :P

Think you mean slowly slowly catch monkey :D :P

Nah I'm sure its softly softly catchy monkey  :D google it lol