• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So long as we get £5m+ I think it'll be a good deal. A fantastic amount given we paid around £150k for him. If he does leave - he's been a fantastic servant to the club and a fan favourite. But, needs must... We need cash to improve he front line, and £5m for a Champiosnhip Defender is a considerable fee.

So then we could assume that WBA may have made a second offer that perhaps SG feels he needs to discuss with George personally?

Going to stick my neck out I honestly feel we are going to go for Jordon Rhodes and we need cash in hand from sales to help us pull the transfer off.

Things are very quiet from all sources in and around Blackburn and Rhodes.

Just  reading this and from it I would not be surprised to see a journo rumour of Friend departing to fund Rhodes arrival themed headline :)  

So long as we get £5m+ I think it'll be a good deal. A fantastic amount given we paid around £150k for him. If he does leave - he's been a fantastic servant to the club and a fan favourite. But, needs must... We need cash to improve he front line, and £5m for a Champiosnhip Defender is a considerable fee.

So then we could assume that WBA may have made a second offer that perhaps SG feels he needs to discuss with George personally?

Going to stick my neck out I honestly feel we are going to go for Jordon Rhodes and we need cash in hand from sales to help us pull the transfer off.

Things are very quiet from all sources in and around Blackburn and Rhodes.

Just  reading this and from it I would not be surprised to see a journo rumour of Friend departing to fund Rhodes arrival themed headline :)  

Northern Echo's backpage 'exclusive' tomorrow :)

I don't think Rhodes is a viable option. Especially not if the Downing saga proves correct. There talk he's requesting £40k a week from any potential move, so I'd say that's out of our range.

£5m from Friend would fund a move for Downing. Increasing perhaps to match the higher Premeiership offers through promotion clauses and monthly instalments.

I think this could be a good time and take up his offer for another interview for oneboro

Who? Vickers?

I don't think Rhodes is a viable option. Especially not if the Downing saga proves correct. There talk he's requesting £40k a week from any potential move, so I'd say that's out of our range.

£5m from Friend would fund a move for Downing. Increasing perhaps to match the higher Premeiership offers through promotion clauses and monthly instalments.

You could very well be right and I mentioned Rhodes purely from my own point of view.

One thing is for sure these wholesale changes have to be funded one way or another and sadly perhaps by selling some of our assets :rolleyes:

That's what I thought when I read through it earlier, his whole story seems to be about bracing us for more waiting with the tone being we are in no rush.

I just think we need something soon because I'm real down on how last season ended factor in the loss of loan players and firepower I just feel like the club needs a lift.