• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that the big story then? The Gazette is almost as desperate for stuff to talk about as people on here are.

Just been doing a bit of research on Husband on the Fulham forum. They really rate him and some are desperate for Fulham to sign him permanently.

Some of the comments after his debut:

"I have to say one of the few positive of today was our new young left back, James Husband. I thought he was brilliant defensively and offesively. I cannot remember a Brentford player beating him or getting past him and as for going forward he looks like he actually knows how to deliver a ball and beat players to get into the box. He did well to the win the penalty too."

"A superb debut, my motm"

"I agree that Husband was impressive for his first game, I think the only positive of the season, other than the centre back from Hul."

... And then about another 10-15 comments agreeing that he was very impressive and their best player.

Comments on wanting him permanently...

"Really hope we snap husband on a permanent deal next season as he certainly improved our side. Really rated Husband hope the club try to bring him back."

"Yes Husband would be a great acquisition"

... And again another 10-15 posts agreeing that Husband would be a great signing and they'd love a back line with Husband as their left back next season.

And finally a few other comments in other threads from their forum with regards to Husband...

"Whenever Husband's allowed to go forward with the ball he causes problems, more than any other wide player on our books. He also appears to be one of the few guys who can cross a ball"

"I would sign Husband. I think he's a very good player"

Sounds like we have a very talented replacement if we do decide to cash in on Friend. And he is only 21. Under Karanka's supervision he could go on to be Boro's number 1 left back for years to come.

Ps you gotta love Doncaster giving us all these great left backs for next to nothing!

When we sold Bennett I knew deep down that it was a very good deal for an average player, albeit with loads of potential that he never fulfilled like many others. Whereas with Friend I know he is, not could be, a very good LB and if I was a Premier League club, if only that was possible!, there would be next to no doubts about his ability. Yes his crossing is poor but his all-round game at LB is brilliant and would be a shoe-in for many Premier League teams at LB. If he does leave due to a really good offer then I'd understand that business is business at the end of the day. If I was a Premier League scout watching him this season I'd have been drouling at him, that's not to mention how good of a player he is!.

If we had deals lined up for 2 top players but we're struggling to get the money together a bid of £5m or more for any of our players barring Gibson would get our interest.

@thepinkponce: George Friend is currently in with the chairman. Don't know anymore than that. But it's either a new deal, or he's gone.

Gibson probably only wanted his beauty tips.....Jeeeeez.

@thepinkponce: George Friend is currently in with the chairman. Don't know anymore than that. But it's either a new deal, or he's gone.

This is a really strong statement from PP, I kinda like the guy from his cameo appearances on this forum but he is either being very malicious about this and appearing to be a WUM or he does have ITK about the matter.

Time will tell I suppose

This is a really strong statement from PP, I kinda like the guy from his cameo appearances on this forum but he is either being very malicious about this and appearing to be a WUM or he does have ITK about the matter.

Time will tell I suppose

He does often get things like that right tbf.

To be fair to pp he only said Gibson was in a meeting with friend as fact. The rest was opinion put across as fact.

As West Brom have an interest in friend in conceivable he was called in for a talk to find out where George's head is at.

Or it could all be bs as its an easy story to tell after the papers have linked west Brom with friend.