• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Completely agree with that NB4. Big factor will be getting Bamford. Because all of a sudden we are paying nothing for a position we have been contemplating spending £5m+ on. And as you said I do still think there may be a small possibility of that happening.

I would be really disappointed if we didn't sign Rhodes. I would sell Friend, Leadbitter and Tomlin to make it possible. I believe we could cover those positions without any enormous expenditure. I will be surprised if Downing signs. I wouldn't in his position.

On a more controversial note. i was concerend last season that AK tends to accommodate what he considers to be his best players to the extent that he will play them out of position to get them on the pitch. Tomlin LW. Bamford RW. Adomah LW. Even Reach who started his first team appearances playing in a central role. But now finds himself on the LW when he plays. Hopefully we will sign a decent LW and AK will not have that option. Having said that I suppose its possible we will see Rhodes on the RW.

You'd sell our first choice left back (arguably the best in the league), Central midfielder (again arguably the best in the league) and attacking midfielder just to sign 1 striker?

The short sightedness of some people on here baffles me.

So where do we get the money to replace Friend and Leadbitter if we spend it all on one player?

Selling your captain and probably the best LB in the league would be a total disaster for us. He scored 21 goals last season, that doesnt justify selling 2 of your best players to get him.

Problem this season is the service to the strikers. A Left winger is surely our biggest priority. Would rather put the budget towards this and rely on Kike as our main striker, sure he will get 15/20 goals next season

Was thinking that. No one thought Wed get Ken back last year because he played so well for us the season before. And he went to the world cup. But he still came back because Jose prioritised his development. He won't send bamford to sit on the bench at a premiership team and like you im not sure any premiership team can give those assurances.

I can see what you're saying but I think the difference with Bamford is that he's had a couple of seasons in the Championship now so there's probably a question over how much more he can gain from being there again.  I think there's at least half a dozen clubs in the Premier League where he could be considered as a first choice player and that's not taking into account a foreign loan.  It's certainly not completely out of the question though.

Not saying your opinion isn't valid southern softy but I would guess that if we had a vote between having Friend, Tomlin and Leadbitter or having just Rhodes you may be on your own in the Rhodes camp. Still, good to have different opinions on a forum!

Friend - Husband. Leadbitter-Forshaw/Morris. Tomlin-Vossen/Reach. Who would you suggest is going to replace the goals of Bamford?

Not saying your opinion isn't valid southern softy but I would guess that if we had a vote between having Friend, Tomlin and Leadbitter or having just Rhodes you may be on your own in the Rhodes camp. Still, good to have different opinions on a forum!

Friend - Husband. Leadbitter-Forshaw/Morris. Tomlin-Vossen/Reach. Who would you suggest is going to replace the goals of Bamford?

Would you go into the season with 1 left back?

Forshaw is a different type of player, Morris wont be ready for first team football, certainly not for a team going for promotion

We dont have Vossen any more and reach is pretty useless tbh

A lot of Kike's goals at Murcia was from good wing play and crosses so if we we're signing downing and thinking of playing him LM we could see a lot more goals from Kike if he plays regularly enough

I would be really disappointed if we didn't sign Rhodes. I would sell Friend, Leadbitter and Tomlin to make it possible. I believe we could cover those positions without any enormous expenditure. I will be surprised if Downing signs. I wouldn't in his position.

On a more controversial note. i was concerend last season that AK tends to accommodate what he considers to be his best players to the extent that he will play them out of position to get them on the pitch. Tomlin LW. Bamford RW. Adomah LW. Even Reach who started his first team appearances playing in a central role. But now finds himself on the LW when he plays. Hopefully we will sign a decent LW and AK will not have that option. Having said that I suppose its possible we will see Rhodes on the RW.

You'd sell our first choice left back (arguably the best in the league), Central midfielder (again arguably the best in the league) and attacking midfielder just to sign 1 striker?

So where do we get the money to replace Friend and Leadbitter if we spend it all on one player?

Selling your captain and probably the best LB in the league would be a total disaster for us. He scored 21 goals last season, that doesnt justify selling 2 of your best players to get him.

Problem this season is the service to the strikers. A Left winger is surely our biggest priority. Would rather put the budget towards this and rely on Kike as our main striker, sure he will get 15/20 goals next season

Sorry and sorry again but Kike will not get us enough goals for promotion IMO. Even AK knows thats why he wasn't first choice last season.

Not short sighted, just blind to your opinion. nothing wrong with that is there? Or is there, because of course you are an expert, but what in?

If not wanting to sell our two most consistent performers and our most creative player last season to finance a deal that we've been told isn't even on the clubs radar anymore makes me an expert then an expert I am.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I just completely disagree with it and that is what I said in my post, and in my opinion selling those players is an absolutely terrible idea just to get Rhodes.

I'm afraid you did. Saying that my opinion is short sighted implies that you, the expert, is long sighted and therefore your opinion is more valid than mine. i will not argue over over whether you are an expert or not, because as you say, its based on what you have been told about what is on the clubs radar. I'm so glad you are so well informed. But are you really?  or do you just believe what you are told. There is nothing wrong with my opinion, as you say, it just unfortunately does not agree with yours.  Pity that!

You can argue semantics all you want, but I did not say, nor imply, there was anything wrong with your opinion, in my opinion it would be extremely short sighted for the club to do what you've suggested, so I said it.

As for the rest of your post :D

Sorry and sorry again but Kike will not get us enough goals for promotion IMO. Even AK knows thats why he wasn't first choice last season.

He got 10 in his first season in the country being in and out of the team. The service was pretty poor last season tbh, if we did sign someone like Downing then I can see him doing well. Just look at some of his goals this season. At times he looks like a quality player.

Would you pay the money for Downing, get a second striker for a low price and keep Kike as our main striker or sign Rhodes and miss out on Downing?

I do wish that you experts would actually read the posts, posted on here, especially those that I post . I always offer an alternative that backs up any changes that I advocate as part of my opinion. You may not agree with my opinion, but don't discount it without any consideration for any alternative proposal. eg Where do we get the money to replace Friend and Leadbitter, James P, the replacements are here. Who are you going to get that will score 21 goals next season? Exactly you don't know, do you Mr Expert? but Rhodes probably will.

He got 10 in his first season in the country being in and out of the team. The service was pretty poor last season tbh, if we did sign someone like Downing then I can see him doing well. Just look at some of his goals this season. At times he looks like a quality player.

Would you pay the money for Downing, get a second striker for a low price and keep Kike as our main striker or sign Rhodes and miss out on Downing?

We can't have it both ways, retain Tomlin and get Downing.   Because Kike got ten goals last season, probably means he will get ten goals this season. he wont be our No 1 striker. He  is not a quality striker, Rhodes is. I would rather have a quality striker than Downing.

Anyone reckon Bamford may still be a possibility? I feel a lot of the Premiership clubs he is being linked to, he would most likely be back up for as they won't go into the season with an unproven Premiership striker as first choice. There aren't too many Premiership clubs that I think he would go in as first choice. And the longer it goes on without him finding a club the better chance I think we have of getting him on another years loan. Would be great if we could because it would mean we wouldn't have to fork out a load of money on another striker which would free up funds for strengthening elsewhere ie Downing!

Was thinking that. No one thought Wed get Ken back last year because he played so well for us the season before. And he went to the world cup. But he still came back because Jose prioritised his development. He won't send bamford to sit on the bench at a premiership team and like you im not sure any premiership team can give those assurances.

Downing, bamford and guidetti. Find a backup cam for tomlin and suddenly we've got a fantastic attack-

Bamford

Downing tomlin adomah

with good options in nsue, reach, guidetti, kike and carayol plus one other num 10. All for a lot less than what Rhodes would cost. And I don't think Wed have to sell anyone to get that.

Guidetti will probably not go the championship. Rumors talking about Sevillia and Lazio. And after tonights wictory I think he will land a preatty big contract somewhere.

Not short sighted, just blind to your opinion. nothing wrong with that is there? Or is there, because of course you are an expert, but what in?

If not wanting to sell our two most consistent performers and our most creative player last season to finance a deal that we've been told isn't even on the clubs radar anymore makes me an expert then an expert I am.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I just completely disagree with it and that is what I said in my post, and in my opinion selling those players is an absolutely terrible idea just to get Rhodes.

I'm afraid you did. Saying that my opinion is short sighted implies that you, the expert, is long sighted and therefore your opinion is more valid than mine. i will not argue over over whether you are an expert or not, because as you say, its based on what you have been told about what is on the clubs radar. I'm so glad you are so well informed. But are you really?  or do you just believe what you are told. There is nothing wrong with my opinion, as you say, it just unfortunately does not agree with yours.  Pity that!

You can argue semantics all you want, but I did not say, nor imply, there was anything wrong with your opinion, in my opinion it would be extremely short sighted for the club to do what you've suggested, so I said it.

As for the rest of your post :D

By the sound of it, the expert that you're both looking for is an Optometrist.

If we intend to play 4-2-3-1 again, plus invest in a new centre-forward, then I don't think it's completely unreasonably for Kike to be second choice and Wildschut third. Though I would prefer one more (to facilitate an alternative/bench option when we play 4-4-2 having had one CF at some point pick up an injury). That and some doubt as to whether Wildschut is really a CF.