• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big bids for Adomah and Friend? I hope so. Good wing players yes, but neither is a very accurate crosser of the ball. One of the reasons why our goal tally was so low this season. The other is that we are ineffective from set pieces. You may disagree, but how many goals have been scored as result of crosses from our wingers. How may goals scored from set pieces. The answer as compared with other teams finishing at the top end  of the league, is not enough.

Friend is the best rb in the division and a huge threat like today a big loss if he goes

I agree with you, but could we afford to turn down any big bid for him. I'm afraid the answer is no.

Friend is our LB isn't he :blush:

I agree with most on here, that we need 2 RBs, a CB, LM, no.10 and a ST. I read somewhere that Kalas is going to come back but can't remember where. I think him staying around even after his loan contract was up shows that he wants to come back.

Would be amazing if we kept Friend. Can't see Vossen or Bamford returning, and Ledesma and Williams will be gone. Would love Woodgate to stay as a coach.

Do you stick or twist on Kike?

Get actual movement in and around him and give him more supply and he could at least double his tally.

Would help if he played more than 10 minutes a game too :P

I wonder what will happen to forgotten man Rhys Williams? Will we see a mutual termination of his, I imagine fairly lucrative contract? Or will AK wait and see how he is after his injury?

I also reckon we will see a lot of movement out of the club in terms of contracted fringe players, Whitehead, Abella, Ledesma, Luke Williams et al. And I think we will get a lot of cash freed up via loanees going back. I imagine the likes of Bamford, Vossen and Fredricks have us paying a high percentage of their wages. I think with loanees going back, the selling or termination of fringe players and expiring contracts we will have lots of flexibility and wiggle room in the transfer market.

I'm not too bothered about who we do sign, I trust AK on that. The most important thing is retaining our core players this season and for me personally I would say especially Friend.

Find a PL club to pay a few mil for luxury Tomlin and put that towards something.

Id expect a few ins and outs, i fear that george and albert will go but husband has room to grow and carayol maybe needs a player to move on to get back in the squad. 2/3 strikers is a must, maybe look at rhodes if the price is right.

would love to keep vossen but think he will go back to genk, sadly

Probably unlikely but I would like to see us go for Alireza Jahanbakhsh, had a great season at NEC with 13 goals and 18 assists and could potentially be a cheap risk.

I don't think we were quite at the game today like Norwich. Was Karanka's first full season and he did begin with a major overhaul in the last summer window, don't think the same is needed now. Still feel like we could've done better in the league though.

I think we need to get rid of:

Dean Whitehead, does a good job but I don't rate him

Ledesma

Fredericks, Bamford and Ken won't return

Rhys Williams, if he doesn't get in the first team

Mejias/Dimi

Bring in:

GK - think back to someone like Shay Given when he was here, won/drew games single-handedly.

CB - someone to sure up defence, in case of injury/rotation/fitness

ST - A 20 goals a season striker replacing Bamford. Can see Kike scoring some more next season having adjusted. Maybe Vossen on permanent.

LM - Someone similar to Adomah. Adomah is more scorer than someone who crosses.

SUB CAM - Someone capable of making an impact in games, e.g Pritchard

Happy with the squad elsewhere. I'm assuming we'll continue with 4231 We need to gain an extra 10 points next season for automatic promotion. Automatic was lost in August when our squad wasn't complete and in the inconsistencies between late Feb early April. I'm sure if we score more and keep our defensive record the same we can win the league (ambitious but that's what I hope for next season).

please dont  mention Danny Graham    thats all i ask .

Funny you should mention him he was sat in front of me at the match for the first half then did a disappearing act, Did not even stand up when the players came out the tunnel.