oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

I thought myself tripper would be a tough one to get, could see him at prem club and If not would burnley want to sell to a potential playoff/promotion rival . But with Steve Gibson who knows he always seems to pull a surprise . That's why I'm excited about this window I can really see us bringing in some real quality players !

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nixon's confirmed he's still running the story on Boro on Sunday and he's giving away no clues :(

What story?

Boro to sign Diego Maradona as player/coach.

Aden Flint as CB competition... I wanted him last summer, and he's been immense fur Bristol City this season. Scored 14 goals from defence this season. Amazing return.

Would be very happy if we got Pritchard and Alli on loan from Spurs, though can see Pritchard maybe doing a Bamfird and going to a Prem side after his fantastic performances this season. Would love to see us try and steal Jota from Brentford, though. Only 23, bags of skill and creativity and a decent eye for goal.

Tripper is prem bound. Had a good season at Burnley just gone.

Reading on FMTTM someone has posted a list of players we interested in ! " our plan B " he posted a lot last year and got a lot right before anyone else.

He's claiming the players we want are..

Kieran Trippier ( I'm sure he will be in demand , and a tough one to get , but the poster on FMTTM was right last season a few times )

James Wilson on loan from United

Tomas kalas Chelsea on loan

Nathan Ake Chelsea on loan

Borja Gonzalez atletico Madrid on loan .

If these were to be true would people be happy with these ?

Bournemouth & Spurs want Trippier and he supposedly has a release clause of £3.5m so I can see a prem club taking a chance on him.  The others seem realistic though.

As mentioned elswhere, Trippier will be off to the prem, so that would be unlikely.

James Wilson will want to stay at united, he made 13 appearances this season.

I've never heard of Gonzalez, anyone know anything about him (that didn't come from wikipedia)?

Kalas may well join us, although that's hardly breaking news.

Ake would be a good shout, we haven't had a Dutchman for a while.

Aden Flint as CB competition... I wanted him last summer, and he's been immense fur Bristol City this season. Scored 14 goals from defence this season. Amazing return.

He's free scoring. Apparently he scored 102 in 64 for Swindon. He's scored 52 in 105 for his native India according to Wikipedia

Borja scored 23 goals on loan to a Liga Adelantevside last season. That's all I know about him. Never seen him play.

Sergio Araujo scored 22 for Las Palmas. Tidy player, young, ex Barca B. Looks set tolerate Boca, though there's reported interest from Celtic and Sociedad.

Reading on FMTTM someone has posted a list of players we interested in ! " our plan B " he posted a lot last year and got a lot right before anyone else.

Kieran Trippier ( I'm sure he will be in demand , and a tough one to get , but the poster on FMTTM was right last season a few times )

Bournemouth & Spurs want Trippier and he supposedly has a release clause of £3.5m so I can see a prem club taking a chance on him.  The others seem realistic though.

As mentioned elswhere, Trippier will be off to the prem, so that would be unlikely.

I've never heard of Gonzalez, anyone know anything about him (that didn't come from wikipedia)?

What about Mr Marvin Emnes? :p

I'm expecting us to be dependant on Chelsea again this summer. Lucas Piazon was on our radar two seasons ago so we could be interested in him again if Karanka thinks he would fit into our system. Bertrand Traore is very highly rated from what I've heard so he could be another option. Plus Atsu will be wanting more game time this season so could drop into the Championship. Kalas and Ake are the most likely to come here though. Plus Pritchard from Tottenham would be a really good signing, especially if he can perform well at LW as we need someone there that is technical and intelligent like him.

The likes of Wildschut and Carayol will surely be available if another club is willing to pay a good fee so I'd be surprised to see them here at the start of next season despite Karanka's public support of them. Meijas seems totally out of the first team picture and I didn't hear of any injury so maybe he could go back to Spain.

As the gazette have already said very good strikers cost a fortune so I'm concerned how we will be able to afford to sign at least one of them, and a good quality LW, plus all of the squad players that we need for CB, RB, CM and another striker. Particularly without having to sell a key player like Friend which I think is a possibility this summer as the price could reach levels where the money could be better spent on other areas of the team. Flexible players will be key to being efficient with our budget. Ake can cover LB, CB and CM, Kalas can cover RB and CB, so I expect them two to be important strategic targets as it would lead to more money being available for the priority attacking areas.

Trippier had a fantastic season for Burnley, I can't see him staying at Burnley, but I can't see him moving to a Championship club either.

Kalas would make us very solid at RB, I'd be very happy if he signed again

I'm not bothered about the rest, they might be good and they might not be, I'd rather concentrate on people with Championship experience like Pritchard [as others have mentioned] and go all out for a top Championship striker like Deeney or Afobe

He's free scoring. Apparently he scored 102 in 64 for Swindon. He's scored 52 in 105 for his native India according to Wikipedia

Haha! Strange edit to make that... I was amazed when I saw him in the BBC top scorer lists, but those figures are insane. Barca bound, then ;)

Gonzalez (if it's the one I've found) has scored 23 goals in 38 appearances with 5 assists in spanish second division, on loan from Atletico

Deeney will be a Prem player. Afobe would cost a bomb. Prior mentioned ***o is a more realistic shout.

In terms of Champo strikers - Nahki Wells and Igor Vetokele both struck 11 this season, and at lower end sides. Reckon both would do alright at the Riverside - though Wells would probably be costly...