oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

if we want to get promotion next season, we need to look at the players in the team this season who have let us down time and again and replace them.

which players have let us down then?

wildschutt and ledesma our back up wingers have been so bad they couldnt get a look in. infact most of our back up players have let the team down. only whitehead has not failed us when called upon, with to a lesser extent nsue and forshaw to.

get better back up and replace bamford and vossen. also a lw and get kalas back.

4 new first teamers and improved back up, we will do well to get that though, next season going to be another slog.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yayyy, the summer transfer thread. Those who know me on this forum from previous summers will know how much I love this time of the year. :D

Vickers or Tallentire (can't remember which one) said we had already drawn up a list of targets of the worst happened, which has. Will be interesting to see whether any names pop up from that list in the coming days and week.

Firstly, we'll see a couple of players released over the coming days and weeks....

Whitehead, done well in the games against Brentford but it was a suicidal decision to play him yesterday against their pacey wingers and Cameron Jerome. His legs have gone now and I don't think he has another season in him, at least at this level.

Ledesma, his Boro career has unravelled very quickly so think he'll be gone.

Then the loan players, we won't see Bamford, Fredericks, Omeruo and Vossen in Boro colours again. Like it or not but Vossen did not live up to his high expectations. He done well but was not the stand out player we thought he would be. Omeruo has been useless, don't know what happened to Frecericks - did he have a fall out with AK? Bamford will get a Prem loan. Would love to see Kalas back for another season to fill that right back spot, certainly not the centre back roles.

That's it for me until later this afternoon or possibly later this week, when I'll give more thoughts on the transfer window. :P

This just now @solentsport: BREAKING: #AFCB sign Poland international goalkeeper @ArturBoruc permanently, after his release by #SaintsFC

Think it will be a week or two before we have any indication from Boro as to the current squad and certainly they will announce departures be it loans leaving and fringe players before they announce their plans for next seasons rebuild

Dimi - Replace with an experienced bullet-proof stopper ala Shay Given or talented youngster. Dimi has been a weak link too many times imo.

Friend / adomah - Keep if possible, but if big money comes knocking then let them go, they deserve a crack at it, really feel George especially would impress in the PL.

Ayala / Gibbo - Keep, work on Gibbos strength and get a solid back up option. Nando may do it and one other.

Nsue - Keep if possible, I'm not sure why he didn't play more. Much more like friend than Whitehead is.

Totally agree with Dynamo, we have to learn how to play with one holding midfielder so clayton, foresaw and leadbitter to fight it out (although foresaw has show he is the most attacking out of them and is a good option to replace vossen or tomlin - coming on from the bench at least).

Vossen has really come on in the last few months but still needs to score more. Can we get better for less money? I'm not sure. I'd keep him.

I will pay for Bamford's cab all the way back to king's road. It's his attitude I don't like, he looks to the ref far too much and doesn't chase things down, win anything in the air or hold it up. I really hope Kike gets more starts, that guy genuinely puts in a shift. It's my biggest confusion with AK, starting a un-match fit Bamford too much when Kike has much to offer.

Tomlin I'm not sure about. I'm a big fan of his and really want him to do well but I don't think he can defend at all and it's not in his game to do so. Keep him if we're going to play him in a purely attack focussed role.

Defo get Kalas back.

+ Another striker. Not personally keen on Rhodes, but don't know who we can realistically attract. Needs to be someone with presence for me and definitely good in the air.

Hard to say about our left wing options having seen so little of Yanic and Carayol, but i kept imagining how amazing it would be if albert and george played on the same side. I suppose reach would be perfect if he could take the shackles off more...

Over to you AK!

The big question is will KM786 be our number one exclusive twitter story reporter this season or will he have competition. The real football has just began ;).

Hahaha brilliant.

I dont know whats happening with Damia, ehat eith the injury and the investigation, but he looked good when I saw him. Whilst I like Grant and Clayton I do think they are too similar to form the base of the team and it can leave us a bit static. Can see some bids coming in for Grant and wouldnt be too shocked to see him go. Friend will be the other major attraction and whilst he is fantastic,athletic, beautiful and solid, his end product is pretty awful. If he can sort that out he could be a top left back. Wouldnt sell him if it was my decision but it all depends on finances and AKs preferrence.

GK - When we saw Mejias come back in he looked like he had been working on his obvious flaws so wouldnt object to him having another shot. Dimi has been solid and I dont think Ripley is ready to challenge. Not definitely a priority area but a lot of that depends on whether Mejias has adapted well in the time away from the team.

LB - George is an absolute beast and always puts a shift in. Id love to see him play behind a decent left footed left winger. Tomlin disappears, Reach doesnt worry the defenders and Carayol/Wildschutt havent been seen in quite a while. I think one of our left backs will leave this summer.

CB - If they stop hoofing it up at every opportunity I would keep them as first choice pair. Ayala often has a potential mistake in him but he gets a limb on most balls in to him. Gibson I think is most at risk and I wouldnt be averse to replacing him with an absolute brute of a CB. We definitely need 1 as a squad member as we lose Woodgate and Ken. We cant even consider Williams.

RB - High priority. Depending on Damia we might even need 2. If we insist on playing 2 holding midfielders then we need a full back that just bombs on, providing an outloet snd taking some heat off Albert. Nsue does ok there but it is still down to Albert to do the creating. Might be easier ifwe had someone up top that gets in the box and can head.

CM - As I said I like the pairing. Both of them protect the back 4 well but it leaves us wanting going forward. Our success this season has been based on that solidity so its hard to say play with only one when that would be nullifying our own strength. I think bids will come for Grant and it will be a big decision. I havent seen enough of Forshaw to judge a partnership with Clayton would work as first choice. We will still need 1 as cover but if Grant goes I would like to see a more attack minder player brough in to play CM.

RW - Towards the end of the season we started to see the old Adomah and it was refreshing! Give hima regular partner at RB and a proper target and he will be involved in more goals next season. Need a back up plan for when he is out though.

ACM - You cant hold Tomlins goals/ assists stats against him and on paper he did well, but he is so divisive and rightly so. He can be so infuriating when trying to do too much or not working back, but at the moment he is the only player we have that can play the unlocking passes ( bar maybe Ledesma but I cant see him playing for us again).

I think he plays best in a diamond so he has passing options in every direction and 2 strikers ahead to oxcupy defenders. Needs to be playing in the centre. We need a back up for him.

LW - should be top of the list. Tomlin needs to play ACM, Reach isnt a winger, Muzzy and Wildschut dont get much time presumably for a very good reason. We need a real outlet that side to offer balance and to support whoever is at LB.

CF - People have been clambering for 2 up top a lot, never more than against Norwich. Jerome showed exactly the kind of player you need for 1 up top with his pace, power and dedication to work the back line. I liked Bamford and Vossen but Bamford will go to a prem side and I wouldnt have Vossen back. We need a striker with real pace who can finish and a striker that can head the ball. Kike can be good at times but isnt as potent as we hoped. In his defence 10 minute sub appearances with no supporting players would leave most strikers helpless.

Im not up to speed on youth players coming through so couldnt say how the squad will incorporate them next season. We will likely get some new Chelsea loans next season too but again I couldnt speculate on who. I hope AK stays, learns lessons from this season and takes us top 2 next season. This season has been a success when you look at it so add some quality to what we have, try not to lose the core of the squad and we should challenge again.

Get Kalas back for RB.

I think Jonas could do a good job for us at LM and I think out of contract now.

A creative CAM to challenge Tomlin who also gets goals and a proper goalscorer or 2.

Would love Rhodes but doubt we can afford him now.