oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

If true we have basically added Downing and Stuani to last season's championship play-off finalist squad

You make it sound like it's a bad thing. We had very good team last year.

I don't think he's saying it as a bad thing at all BD. Maybe he was just missing a smiley face to show his tone  :D

I thought championship play-off finalist squad says it all. Maybe I should make it clearer like OldManGravz suggests.

:D

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It does actually make sense, I think we had strikers that we wanted to sign permanently with Champo experience, we failed in those attempts and there have been mutterings about our scouting team being way down our list of striking targets, with this in mind, loaning Bamford would be a great option.

As for Woody; with Baptiste's injury we would be looking for a back up CB, with a decent pedigree, Woody is that. Both options would save some money as we do seem to have spent a lot on the Downing deal (rightly so).

Bamford wouldn't have been down the list of targets. He'd have been 1st choice!

I wasn't being disparaging about Bamford, but I do think we were hoping to Buy Murphy or Rhodes instead. As it stands Bamford should now be our top target.

It does actually make sense, I think we had strikers that we wanted to sign permanently with Champo experience, we failed in those attempts and there have been mutterings about our scouting team being way down our list of striking targets, with this in mind, loaning Bamford would be a great option.

As for Woody; with Baptiste's injury we would be looking for a back up CB, with a decent pedigree, Woody is that. Both options would save some money as we do seem to have spent a lot on the Downing deal (rightly so).

Bamford wouldn't have been down the list of targets. He'd have been 1st choice!

He'd have been 0st choice

If true we have basically added Downing and Stuani to last season's championship play-off finalist squad

You make it sound like it's a bad thing. We had very good team last year.

I don't think he's saying it as a bad thing at all BD. Maybe he was just missing a smiley face to show his tone  :D

I thought championship play-off finalist squad says it all. Maybe I should make it clearer like OldManGravz suggests.

:D

Erm - we would still be missing Dwight... That guy was all business.

IF the BamBam news is correct:

------------------ Bamford/Kike ------------------

Stuani/Read - Downing/Tomlin - Adomah/Nsue

?

Not being pedantic but I assume Read is Reach? Or have we signed someone I've missed?

I don't know much about Stuani, but if he's not playing striker he's more likely to be on the right isn't he? Similar to Bamford last season?

Something like this?

Reach/Carayol---- Downing/Tomlin ---- Adomah/Stuani

IF (and it's a big if) we sign Bamford as well, we are going to have some serious competition for places. Ironically I would say left wing still needs strengthening though...

IF the BamBam news is correct:

Stuani/Read - Downing/Tomlin - Adomah/Nsue

?

Not being pedantic but I assume Read is Reach? Or have we signed someone I've missed?

I don't know much about Stuani, but if he's not playing striker he's more likely to be on the right isn't he? Similar to Bamford last season?

Something like this?

Reach/Carayol---- Downing/Tomlin ---- Adomah/Stuani

IF (and it's a big if) we sign Bamford as well, we are going to have some serious competition for places. Ironically I would say left wing still needs strengthening though...

Read is indeed Reach.

Yes, I think Stuani is predominantly used on the right but as we saw last season, Adomah can't play there so maybe he'll be given a shot on the left? Either him or Tomlin as things stand.

I think Nsue is now going to be needed as cover at RB so he won't be backup to Adomah.

Basically, I agree with you, we need another LAM (or CAM if AK wants to play Tomlin on the left).

There was just something about Stuani on SSN, but it's on at work with the sound turned down. Anyone hear what it was?

i think its beginning to shape up very similar to the Chelsea system  where the 3 attacking midfielders interchange at will   . we now have players that can comfortably do this  and tbh unless we sign someone who is more of a  tall target man  that thrives on being there for headers  we may  forego the out and out winger  and push that responsibility onto  the attacking full backs when the time comes. but the system chelsea use  didnt  rely on wingers getting to the by line and swinging crosses in  it was more the attacking midfielders  cutting in and  threading balls past defenders on the ground or making thier own chances,