• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Derby fan

Still a 5 year deal, and from what I've heard quite serious wages. This "it's worth it if promotion" concept doesn't take into account the costs of a team staying in the Premier League, clauses involved, additional off the field costs, and the risk of coming straight back down having spent the big money on players no better or potentially worse than what you had. £7 million would be no small signing in the Premier League, and even if it's only £5 million + add ons (i.e. a promotion clause for example), that with a 5 year deal is a massive gamble for a player in their mid 20s, let alone a player who is in their 30s.

Don't get me wrong, he's a class player, and a very serious shout for the best player in the division, and he could make the difference for them. But at that age, a few injuries, a drop in form, they're then lumped with someone in their 30s who they won't be able to get their money back on, on potentially large wages.

In any case, ignoring the financial side, a great signing for them.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/9914925/transfer-target-christian-stuani

Woody signs a new one yr deal. I think we couldnt have a better player willing to sit on the bench and play when needed. All we have to do is wrap him in cotton wool till hes called on

think if that's true, it'd be on a pay as you play deal. seems like woody's wages are being used up with downing? player/coach role

I can't find anything to read about this. Have you got a link for me please?

Interesting post in the comments section of AV's new blog:

"At the airport waiting to leave Cyprus and just spent the last couple of weeks chatting to an ***nal fan who is a close friend of Tony Finnegin (who is alledgedly Alberts agent) and Tony has told this guy that he is very busy trying to move Albert to a premiership side !"

Interesting post in the comments section of AV's new blog:

"At the airport waiting to leave Cyprus and just spent the last couple of weeks chatting to an ***nal fan who is a close friend of Tony Finnegin (who is alledgedly Alberts agent) and Tony has told this guy that he is very busy trying to move Albert to a premiership side !"

Ok, £10million!!!

Derby fan

Still a 5 year deal, and from what I've heard quite serious wages. This "it's worth it if promotion" concept doesn't take into account the costs of a team staying in the Premier League, clauses involved, additional off the field costs, and the risk of coming straight back down having spent the big money on players no better or potentially worse than what you had. £7 million would be no small signing in the Premier League, and even if it's only £5 million + add ons (i.e. a promotion clause for example), that with a 5 year deal is a massive gamble for a player in their mid 20s, let alone a player who is in their 30s.

Don't get me wrong, he's a class player, and a very serious shout for the best player in the division, and he could make the difference for them. But at that age, a few injuries, a drop in form, they're then lumped with someone in their 30s who they won't be able to get their money back on, on potentially large wages.

In any case, ignoring the financial side, a great signing for them.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/9914925/transfer-target-christian-stuani

Makes some valid points that Derby fan, and I'm sure we would be saying the same things if it was another team making such a larger transfer in the Championship.

Based on this evidence alone . I would say that the lad has the potential to be the goal poacher that we have been missing for a few years now. He seems to have that elusive gift of being in the right place to receive the ball and he knows where the goal is

Based on video clips this guy seems to have the potential to be the finisher we have needed for a couple of seasons, have we really got someone of this pedigree, I am getting really excited now !

Can't claim I know anything about Fabrini, but 1 Italy cap and still only 24 suggests there is plenty talent. But it doesn't seem like a position where we would be spending 1 million if no one is going out.