• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trouble is that might be the only way to deal with this transfer and the Venky attitude, find most of the money pay it up front and the player is yours and until such time we will not meet in India where we can all meet to decide about it.

Somehow a minimum of 8million pounds has to be paid up front by a combination of available funds and another major hand out by SG

Anyone think that we might sell one of our central midfielders this window?

Can't see it, given we need another.

Caryol and Tomlin are the obvious ones, with Adomah and Reach possible but less likely IMHO.

My worry is Blackburn do this every summer people come for Rhodes then Venkys say no the clubs end up assuming a deal will be done then they spend the last week of the window rushing around for a striker.

I hope we have started working on alternatives because if they have rejected that offer I don't know what it will take.

There's a lot to be said for a good negotiator (Spurs are said to be a nightmare to work with yet they very rarely get ripped off!) but these Venkys are a joke and really bring it home how lucky we are to have Steve Gibson.

I mean fair enough not wanting to sell for football reasons but out of stubbornness and against logic and better sense for the future of your club it's an absolute joke.

The more I read about this potential deal the more I think if we cant agree a deal before this weekend we need to walk away before we waste any more time with the Venky`s.

Its as though if we go, Right there is the £8M up front the rest will be in installments, They will say... Actually make it £10M up front and £5M in installments.

Rhodes is rightly going to cost a fortune. Yes it's going to take a ridiculous price to prize him away from Blackburn but the rewards of promotion are equally ridiculous. I'd feel more comfortable with us spending around £12 million on Rhodes than £5 million on someone like Daryl Murphy who will have no resale value in 2 years time. If we do sign Rhodes then some outgoings will surely have to happen to offset some of the massive fee and £40,000 a week wages.

I wonder if we will turn our attention to Ross McCormack if the price for Rhodes gets too ridiculous.

Rhodes is rightly going to cost a fortune. Yes it's going to take a ridiculous price to prize him away from Blackburn but the rewards of promotion are equally ridiculous. I'd feel more comfortable with us spending around £12 million on Rhodes than £5 million on someone like Daryl Murphy who will have no resale value. If we do sign Rhodes then some outgoings will surely have to happen to offset some of the massive fee and £40,000 a week wages.

I think about £12M is about right for Rhodes but I get the impression the Venkys keep moving the goal posts.

No they are just adamant and do not negotiate on their players, it seems our way or nothing once a value has been put on their players.

As far as RM is concerned tbh I do not think he particularly likes Boro and the fans do not seem to like him either

Well as an individual I was feeling very positive on signing Rhodes and I guess we still could but I will not be holding my breath now as there is a nasty taste developing

Without doubt they're moving the goalposts. Its really p**sing me off, they have NO idea how to run a football club, I feel really sorry for Rovers fans.

Edit - I thought haggling was part of Indian culture?

Actually keeping your assets despite reasonable offers is part of Indian culture - for a family of their worth to be seen as selling something of value is a huge sign of weakness over there. We've done lots of research on this over on the Rovers forums - different areas of India have different values.

We've had lots of spare time hovering around midtable.