oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

If it took £4M up front, £4M in installments, Kike and Tomlin going the other way to sign Rhodes would you do the deal?.

Not a chance.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if this has been posted before, but supposedly Huddersfield will get 20 % of any profit on Rhodes being sold from Blackburn. Bet they're hoping for a big deal.

That could mean £14 m - £8m (what blackburn paid) = £6m profit, so huddersfield would claim £1.2 m.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-rhodes-transfer-deal-explained-9714425

If the Club are told directly that £12m (£8m +£4 in instalments) non negotiable they can make a decision. If they're told just that offer isn't good enough then they may stumble around for a while.

Something that worries me, is now we've shown our hand a little bit in this transfer market by submitting a 12 million bid (if this is true). Say if this fell through and we went for an alternative, do you think the potential selling club would inflate the price due to the precedent we are setting with our bid for Rhodes?

Exactly the point I made earlier. IMO we should move on, pronto.

(Cue jokes like 'who's Pronto, and what team does he play for?') :)

12 million for striker is crazy talk, but would seem like peanuts compared to the 120 million reportedly being paid to the promoted teams.

I wonder if this is Gibbo's swan song. I recall a few seasons back reporting from a very good source that Gibbo was wanting to sell the club, but premiership football was key.

Is this the final role of the dice from a committed but desperate chairman? We all agree the guy is an absolute legend and always will be but even legends can't go on forever, in our case pouring cash into a club to keep it afloat...that kind of business cannot continue

It's £160 mill next season

12 million for striker is crazy talk, but would seem like peanuts compared to the 120 million reportedly being paid to the promoted teams.

I wonder if this is Gibbo's swan song. I recall a few seasons back reporting from a very good source that Gibbo was wanting to sell the club, but premiership football was key.

Is this the final role of the dice from a committed but desperate chairman? We all agree the guy is an absolute legend and always will be but even legends can't go on forever, in our case pouring cash into a club to keep it afloat...that kind of business cannot continue

[/quot

Whats 40 mill between boro fans

Oh go on someone has to do it :) , anyone beat these to sum up the situation;

`The long and winding Rhodes`

`Were on a Rhodes to nowhere`

`Rhodes to Hell`

I hope this doesn`t upset that rather fierce moderator again for going off topic !

[/quot

Whats 40 mill between boro fans

Haha, about 2 and a half Jordan Rhodes with a couple of quid in change!!!

Oh go on someone has to do it :) , anyone beat these to sum up the situation;

`The long and winding Rhodes`

`Were on a Rhodes to nowhere`

`Rhodes to Hell`

I hope this doesn`t upset that rather fierce moderator again for going off topic !

Why did the chicken farmers cross the Rhodes?

Because they are clueless ***s, who want a ***ing reality check.

I'm going to go against the tide somewhat but I don't understand how the Venkys are being criticised for this particular negotiation.

According to what RoversAway (forgive me if I've remembered that wrong and misunderstood anything you wrote) said, Bburn will be complying with FFP come the next window and that is without selling Rhodes. So why on earth would they actively be trying to sell their best player/asset except for a ridiculous offer? They've clearly valued the ridiculous offer at £12/14 depending on reports. Yes it's huge money for the championship but bring in simple laws of supply and demand and you can see why it's so high (we as a collective forum are struggling to come up with another proven championship striker) and the very fact that we're very close to matching their valuation shows that it can't be that absurd.

Don't get me wrong, I do not think they are a good corporation to be running a football club and have done a terrible job overall but at least in this particular scenario I don't think they're doing anything wrong.

Is the key to this deal the p/ex of a player or two - this would reduce the amount of cash changing hands, which would mean less money to Huddersfield (apparently they are in line to receive a % of any profit) and it also circumvents the transfer embargo?