oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

He got 10 goals and 11 assists last season. What've you got against him?

Sorry i might be being harsh but i can't stand him what kind of professional football player cant maintain a healthy weight? hes fat lazy and trys to many 'hollywood' passes to make himself look good, yes he can be amazing but that happens 1 in 10 to 15 games and goes completely missing in the rest and his attitude stinks and you can clearly tell that's the case given his weight.

50 games last season, 10 goals, 11 assists. Think your maths is a bit off there mate.

Yeah but you have got to bear in mind that is more than half of the games that he is isn't scoring or providing. He clearly rubbish if he only contributes a goal 21 times in 50 games.

Or....

He was by far and away our most creative and productive player last season.

He has his faults undoubtedly. But if he didn't he would be playing in the Premier League and for England. At this level are we going to get any better?

Don't get me wrong I think Downing is a fantastic footballer but if he scores 10 and assists 10-12 this season it will be viewed as a successful season won't it?

Lee Tomlin is twice the player Downing is.

He's almost as good at football as him too.

:D :D :D

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id like to be a make weight for rohdes. Im willing to live in blackburn to get him

Yes i know many of you will try and talk me out of it , but my minds made up.

Its been nice knowing you all

Don't go Rich. You contribute too much here.

Your right mate ,,,but my life is over Ill sacrifice it for the boro

Are we actually entertaining the fact that Tomlin is overweight?

Does anyone actually think Aitor would stand for a player turning up unfit or overweight for preseason?

Of course no sane person thinks that Alan. Karanka is bloody ruthless when it comes to the discipline of his team.

But it is fun to laugh at Lee Tomlin looking like he might be a bit fat for a footballer! :P

Id like to be a make weight for rohdes. Im willing to live in blackburn to get him

Yes i know many of you will try and talk me out of it , but my minds made up.

Its been nice knowing you all

Don't go Rich. You contribute too much here.

Your right mate ,,,but my life is over Ill sacrifice it for the boro

You're my hero

I have nothing against Tomlin, I think he is, at his best a good, but more often than not a mediocre championship footballer. Premiership footballer? I would be surprised if he made the grade. But there are those that espouse that he PL quality, with little evidence to support the theory, I might add.

did you go the man city match?

Inthink its a bit rich people complaining about tomlins weight. He mey be the fittest fastest player we have with the best stamina. But weve seen a picture so hes a fat ***

I'm gonna say it then duck for cover...

I'd rather we sold Friend than Tomlin. He's too important to us.

Now you've gone too far NB4!

Sell out gorgeous man before our porky little ineffective chubster? Hang your head in shame man.

I might have agreed had you said anyone but Gorgeous George Friend!

If Tomlin leaves it will be for a permanent transfer to the Prem. there is no way he will say yes to go to Blackburn. Think he'll rather want to stay and fight for his place, and he will probably need to take a pay cut to go to Blackburn. If he goes it will be to the prem and we will get money up front.

I have nothing against Tomlin, I think he is, at his best a good, but more often than not a mediocre championship footballer. Premiership footballer? I would be surprised if he made the grade. But there are those that espouse that he PL quality, with little evidence to support the theory, I might add.

did you go the man city match?

Is that your little evidence.

I know this is a forum and everyone gets a say but this anti tomlin stuff is awful. His performance at man City was one of best performances I have seen in a boro shirt since juninho. He tortured world class players. I remember watching him at Peterborough and he was alot bigger then than he is now he is stocky but a class act. No way would aitor let him be overweight and still play in friendlies he is pivotal for promotional in my opinion he is a game changer