oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Inthink its a bit rich people complaining about tomlins weight. He mey be the fittest fastest player we have with the best stamina. But weve seen a picture so hes a fat ***

I seem to remember a Boro player of years gone by getting this same stick. Might have been Dean Windass??

Anyway he scored in some game a flashed a T-Shirt which said something like 9.9% relating to his body fat. Because the manager wouldn't allow any of them to have more than 10% body fat. How many forum mombers have less than 10% body fat? It ain't easy I can tell you! I am sure Tomlin's fitness it fine. As someone else said - can you see Karanka tolerating an unfit team member? No way.

This is where I am made to look a fool as Tomlin is sold tomorrow and Karanka reveals that his being overweight was the driving factor haha

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this is a forum and everyone gets a say but this anti tomlin stuff is awful. His performance at man City was one of best performances I have seen in a boro shirt since juninho. He tortured world class players. I remember watching him at Peterborough and he was alot bigger then than he is now he is stocky but a class act. No way would aitor let him be overweight and still play in friendlies he is pivotal for promotional in my opinion he is a game changer

Can't argue with this!

I have nothing against Tomlin, I think he is, at his best a good, but more often than not a mediocre championship footballer. Premiership footballer? I would be surprised if he made the grade. But there are those that espouse that he PL quality, with little evidence to support the theory, I might add.

did you go the man city match?

Is that your little evidence.

Wolves home

Drby away

Brentford play offs home

He is one of the most skillful players in the championship. Why should we sell him.

I know this is a forum and everyone gets a say but this anti tomlin stuff is awful. His performance at man City was one of best performances I have seen in a boro shirt since juninho. He tortured world class players. I remember watching him at Peterborough and he was alot bigger then than he is now he is stocky but a class act. No way would aitor let him be overweight and still play in friendlies he is pivotal for promotional  in my opinion he is a game changer

I thought his best game last season was at home against Charlton. Ludicrous performance with a great goal to boot.

Man City would've been the one I picked had he managed to score instead of hitting the post. He was on the same pitch as David Silva that day, show someone with no clue about football that game, and ask them which player was the creative outlet for the champions of the Premier League and there's only one player they could pick.

I personally think Tomlin works hard for the team no matter where he's played. He might be having a mare, but he never becomes a passenger, always after the ball and if no one is feeding him (probably a poor choice of words) he'll come deep to get it.

I have nothing against Tomlin, I think he is, at his best a good, but more often than not a mediocre championship footballer. Premiership footballer? I would be surprised if he made the grade. But there are those that espouse that he PL quality, with little evidence to support the theory, I might add.

did you go the man city match?

Is that your little evidence.

Well yeah if he can do that to one of the best defenders in the world id say its a bit of evidence i don't no whats peoples problem with him he a good player one of our best players last season easy.

I'm bored of the tomlin debate now, lets just agree to disagree but tomlin won't be here by the end of the season, i'll put money on it.

Moving on.. could pato be the striker downing was excited about?

I know this is a forum and everyone gets a say but this anti tomlin stuff is awful. His performance at man City was one of best performances I have seen in a boro shirt since juninho. He tortured world class players. I remember watching him at Peterborough and he was alot bigger then than he is now he is stocky but a class act. No way would aitor let him be overweight and still play in friendlies he is pivotal for promotional  in my opinion he is a game changer

I thought his best game last season was at home against Charlton. Ludicrous performance with a great goal to boot.

Man City would've been the one I picked had he managed to score instead of hitting the post. He was on the same pitch as David Silva that day, show someone with no clue about football that game, and ask them which player was the creative outlet for the champions of the Premier League and there's only one player they could pick.

I personally think Tomlin works hard for the team no matter where he's played. He might be having a mare, but he never becomes a passenger, always after the ball and if no one is feeding him (probably a poor choice of words) he'll come deep to get it.

Very well said and Brighton away I would pick as well. It just seems like he's this year's player for the boo boys. Shame really.

Not sure I'd want Pato. I've seen him play dozens of times as an AC Milan fan, he was overrated before his injuries and just shocking after. And he hasn't exactly endeared himself in Brazil either. Would come with a big price tag and an even bigger ego, not one I'd want around the squad.

tomlin in an interesting meeting? what could it be lets speculate:-

1/ he's joking on, he might have an inkling we(the fans) are gong transfer crazy right now and be looking though the forums laughing at us.

2/ hes actually been to a meeting and informed of a substantial transfer bid for him from a premier league team.

3/ he has been pulled in about letting his belly stick out in public giving him a negative image. from now on he has to wear a girdle in public.

4/ he requested a meeting due to all the transfer incoming and was told he's a backup player to downing at no10 or left wing to whoever.

5/ he requested a meeting to ask about his role at the club this season. found out he is very much in AK's plans for the club this season and was also informed about other transfers targets etc

Very well said and Brighton away I would pick as well. It just seems like he's this year's player for the boo boys. Shame really.

It is, but it shouldn't be a surprise given the fickle nature of football fans.

I like watching Tomlin, he's a proper footballer, a natural i suppose, looks so comfortable in possession and confident of his own ability.

Not sure I'd want Pato. I've seen him play dozens of times as an AC Milan fan, he was overrated before his injuries and just shocking after. And he hasn't exactly endeared himself in Brazil either. Would come with a big price tag and an even bigger ego, not one I'd want around the squad.

Or...

He could be the best player ever to play in the second flight of English football.

Maybe I am an optimist!

TalkSport talk Boro and Jordan Rhodes.

Go to 17:00-17:30 and listen up to the break then go to 12:30 through to 14:25, Then go to 26:40 through to the break.

Go to 17:30-18:00 and go forward to 21:10 and listen through to the break.

Take the time to listen if for nothing more than a bit of a laugh.

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1437663600#

Thoughts.......

Just in case anyone is interested but missed this..