oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

I said Venkys would keep most moving the goalposts, didn't I?

Bunch of p***ks shouldn't be allowed to own a football club. Makes me so glad we have Gibson, even if he has gone a bit Mr Monopoly on the club lately (I trust that he can keep the club's finances in order despite this spending spree.)

Out of interest - have any of you any information on how your intending to pass FFP this time next year, if you don't go up? Not trying to wind anyone up, just genuinely intrigued to know how you are spending so much cash with the maximum loss allowed over a season period set at 12m?

If you go up it won't be a problem, the money from going up is paid before the FFP deadline so you'll be fine. Unless you have sold someone for mega bucks I wasn't aware of?

Two words: FIRE SALE

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rover Away, I presume that if we don't go up, we'll hastily sell a couple of players, probably Gibson and Friend I'd have thought.

It's all very intriguing, One last hurrah from Gibbo? is he looking to get us up and then sell the club? who knows!

Bunch of p***ks shouldn't be allowed to own a football club. Makes me so glad we have Gibson, even if he has gone a bit Mr Monopoly on the club lately (I trust that he can keep the club's finances in order despite this spending spree.)

Out of interest - have any of you any information on how your intending to pass FFP this time next year, if you don't go up? Not trying to wind anyone up, just genuinely intrigued to know how you are spending so much cash with the maximum loss allowed over a season period set at 12m?

If you go up it won't be a problem, the money from going up is paid before the FFP deadline so you'll be fine. Unless you have sold someone for mega bucks I wasn't aware of?

I think it is partly calculated part gamble. Obviously promotion is the main aim but a cup run and the hope our attendances will rise significantly this year will ease the burden. Our season ticket sales are higher than last season so I would think a significant increase in our average attendance will be seen. We may have to sell a big player although perhaps that bridge will be crossed in January if things do not look as rosey.

Were going back in with a final offer of £10m up front rising to £12m, if that doesn't please them then we're done and will move on.

Don't know where you got this from but if it is the case then I believe we have gone as far as we possibly can on this and we should admire the fact that the club would simply go to these extremes to get the player.

Hats off to the club and fully understand that it will not be for the want of trying :-/

Quick update.

Rhodes was due here on Thursday for talks, pending BORO giving the Venkys what they wanted up front.

BORO agreed to increased up front payment and Venkys then moved the goalposts and said they don't want to sell to a championship rival unless it's a bigger fee.

Gibson is getting extremely annoyed at trying to do business with them. One of the worst he's attempted to do business with.

Not my words but from pink ponce

Take it with a pinch of salt like all the other Twitter ITK "experts"

Not a clue, I think for SG it's a case of s**t or bust which frankly, scares the hell out of me if we don't go up but at the same time it's very exciting!

I trust SG knows what hes doing but I agree with dell_zincht, It looks like promotion or bust... That sounds contradicting but I know what I mean  :P

Just wondering about FFP,

When is the next audit date figures need to be submitted at? Also if results are not known till after the window in January closes would we still have freedom to really blow a hole in the finances or do clubs get a private provisional ruling a few weeks after submitting?

Also if your under a ffp sanction but go up is the sanction suspended and the rest served if you come down or does it turn to a fine? or is it just forgotten if your lucky.

Were going back in with a final offer of £10m up front rising to £12m, if that doesn't please them then we're done and will move on.

Don't know where you got this from but if it is the case then I believe we have gone as far as we possibly can on this and we should admire the fact that the club would simply go to these extremes to get the player.

Hats off to the club and fully understand that it will not be for the want of trying :-/

But didnt they want £8M upfront or have they upped it.

Just wondering about FFP,

When is the next audit date figures need to be submitted at? Also if results are not known till after the window in January closes would we still have freedom to really blow a hole in the finances or do clubs get a private provisional ruling a few weeks after submitting?

Also if your under a ffp sanction but go up is the sanction suspended and the rest served if you come down or does it turn to a fine? or is it just forgotten if your lucky.

if you're QPR it's forgotten, but by doing that they have set a precedent for anyone else who goes up and comes straight back down.

But didnt they want £8M upfront or have they upped it.

I believe we're paying a premium for being in the same division. (though they're not in our league)

In regards to fabbrinni not over whelmed but a signing is a signing , hoping we bring some more exciting players than that if I'm honest . Especially considering downings comments just hope we aren't towards the bottom of our lists regarding transfer targets .

Is Rhodes, Stuani and Downing not exciting enough? *face palm*

Did I say they weren't exciting ? No. And have we got Rhodes? No.

What I was eluding to if you read it properly Downing said the other day about great players coming In... I hope we now haven't turned to fabbrini.

* facepalm*

Not a clue, I think for SG it's a case of s**t or bust which frankly, scares the hell out of me if we don't go up but at the same time it's very exciting!

I genuinely don't think Gibson are taking any chances. I think whatever happens this year we will be within FFP. And the loss next season is allowed to be 15 mil, not 12. We also made a lot of extra money last season which can probably be taken into this years report. Add to that increased season ticket sales and generally rising gates next season.

I am fully confident that we won't fall short of FFP whatever happens. If we don't go up we will obviously sell players, but those players would be sold regardless, as for some this should be the last season in this league.

It's also interesting to see what happens to QPR. Obviously they haven't been hit with a transfer embargo, and whatever happens we should just do the same. Challenge the FFP and drag it out.

Interesting, thanks!

PS: FFP doesn't apply to London clubs - just to us northern clubs that worry them down south.

In regards to fabbrinni not over whelmed but a signing is a signing , hoping we bring some more exciting players than that if I'm honest . Especially considering downings comments just hope we aren't towards the bottom of our lists regarding transfer targets .

Is Rhodes, Stuani and Downing not exciting enough? *face palm*

Did I say they weren't exciting ? No.  And have we got Rhodes? No.

What I was eluding to if you read it properly Downing said the other day about great players coming In... I hope we now haven't turned to fabbrini.

who were you hoping for?messi,ronaldo?,we are still in the championship and the signing of stuani,downing shows great intent,in my opinion like.

* facepalm*