oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

What Tomlin needs is a clone of him. Some of his Hollywood balls must only be understood by him. He could have got himself in a spot of bother yesterday when Vossen was booked he seemed to throw the ball at the ref luckily for him he pulled out of the full effort I think

Not even a clone of him, just someone who'll be on the same wavelength. He might not be a brilliant striker, but Danny Graham was on the same wavelength and the 2 played well together.

For those saying sell Tomlin, I challenge you to find a creative attacking mid who will better 10 goals and 11 assists, be willing to move to the championship, perform consistently well and be within our budget. He plays like a premier league player some days and a league 1 player on others and that's the reason he's in the championship. We wouldn't have him and Peterborough wouldn't have had him for so long if he performed to his best all the time.

Fully understand the points you are making here MMC and you are not wrong but we need him to be playing like a PL destined player far more often and well you only have to look at the top 3 promoted sides this season to see how well their creative midfielders have been consistent

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What Tomlin needs is a clone of him. Some of his Hollywood balls must only be understood by him. He could have got himself in a spot of bother yesterday when Vossen was booked he seemed to throw the ball at the ref luckily for him he pulled out of the full effort I think

Not even a clone of him, just someone who'll be on the same wavelength. He might not be a brilliant striker, but Danny Graham was on the same wavelength and the 2 played well together.

For those saying sell Tomlin, I challenge you to find a creative attacking mid who will better 10 goals and 11 assists, be willing to move to the championship, perform consistently well and be within our budget. He plays like a premier league player some days and a league 1 player on others and that's the reason he's in the championship. We wouldn't have him and Peterborough wouldn't have had him for so long if he performed to his best all the time.

Fully understand the points you are making here MMC and you are not wrong but we need him to be playing like a PL destined player far more often and well you only have to look at the top 3 promoted sides this season to see how well their creative midfielders have been consistent

Im unsure about tomlin. We bought him as a behind the striker player but we play vossen there. Is this because AK is desperate to play all three with bamford or because we dont have a right mid good enough. If its the second we need to find a better right mid but either way if he isnt good enough now for behind the forward will he be next season

I also think our last few signings have been players to give us 2 in every position but not starters. Ie forshaw husband ambioretia. But now our signings need to be to replace the starting 11

Forshaw was bought as a "next season" player, was he not?

Not sure what that means though. Is he good enough or not. If he is why wasnt he playing

Because he plays exactly where Leadbitter and Clayton do and in a promotion push, you're not going to drop what was possibly the best CM pairing in the league, are you?

Looking into it, it was something that Judas mentioned and nothing official.

Something a long the lines of us buying Forshaw with one eye on next season due to us having Clayton and Leadbitter and getting Forshaw for cheap rather than possibly having to spend more on him in the summer. Also, this way he gets a full pre season with us instead of joining during it.

As much as it pains me to say it, he has a point.

i think selling tomlin would be a mistake but I agree about his inconsistency, what we need is a good alternative to use when it's not working with him. Personally I think he plays better from the left and him, vossen, bamford and adomah were quality at times, I also think our over defensive set up in midfield held them back a bit. Vossen had to do a lot of the donkey work from deep where as had someone like forshaw played, he would have done a lot of that and allowed vossen to play higher up the pitch around the box.

As for strikers I'd hope we're looking at wells and Rhodes and one who's been forgotten about assombalonga. None of these will come cheap like.

That's why I brought up ***o, I reckon he'd be a cheaper Assombalonga.

He's a quick, strong pain in the *** and Wolves got him for less that £500k. Think he only has a season left on his contract too, so shouldn't be overly expensive.

Not sure how often he's played striker though :-/