oneBoro Forum

oneBoro tv, podcasts and congratulations Humpty

Hi all,

Whilst we are waiting on the latest Anthony Vickers interview from BoroTom I thought I would firstly share some good news pertaining to our well respected forum member Humpty.

As you are aware he was involved in various oneBoro productions last season and also wrote a feature in the official Middlesbrough FC programme seen in the Wolves edition. Also we have seen his work a couple of times in the Evening Gazette.

Well the good news is that MFC have indicated their desire to utilise his wordsmithery (Holgate Hero must be thanked for this term) next season and so we should see a lot more of his articles/features next season. So on behalf of the forum would like to say well done and congratulations to Mathew (Humpty) and that I hope you keep us advised as to what we could look forward to as and when you know your words are going to be produced.

Moving on I think it is fair to say that those members involved last season during our initial efforts both podcasts and youtube interview videos did a great job and I would like to thank them for it. Would very much like to thank Southern Smog for his involvement in this and hope that he is very much involved his season in organising various projects

Which gets me round to this season because I would hope that we can expand on this and that productions can be virtually regular throughout the season.

I have to admit I am impressed with that Brentfordbee guy and the way his match day videos are produced and would hope that especially for away games that we could have video say starting at a forum pre game meet up, interviewing members and opposite fans, taking in the atmos etc etc.

The exclusive interviews that we are arranging (like the recent Neil Grainger interview which will be coming out to coincide with a new project he is working on) will continue and I have liaised with the club about this matter and already I have spoken to Adam Clayton who has indicated his desire to be interviewed. It is hoped that we will get access to as many players as possible throughout the season and eventually get them in front of the oneBoro TV cameras.

What I would like to know is your thoughts and opinions about what you would like to see, any suggestions about content and areas we could go? Being selfish I hope that we will develop a good relationship with the club and perhaps get some behind the scene footage and areas of interest.

I know that the MFC foundation are interested in getting together with oneBoro to do a semi documentary type feature on what they do and perhaps we could spend some time getting to know the MFC ladies team and promote them in some way (sensible thoughts guys)

With the fact that we have a good relationship with Neil Grainger this could pave the way to get in front of other Middlesbrough "celebrities" and chat to them about all matters Boro wise.

These are just some thoughts but we need a pool of volunteers who would like to partake in these things, I still need to finalise who will be involved with the Ali Brownlee interview but at this time it seems that both Red Rocket and ham-chop will be my go to guys on this.

Recently we have had smogsterking the inspiration getting involved and I thank him for that but we do need a couple of volunteers who will gladly get involved with home and away game match day publications.

So please do declare any interest if you want to be involved as I would love to see a very active oneBoro tv podcast this coming season.

Thanks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

All great news! And huge congrats to Humpty, too! Great to see OneBoro going from strength to strength :D

I do think trying to increase interest in MFC Ladies is a great idea. I remember working with their old manager Mary all the years back during my childhood, it'd be great to rude the wave of the increasing supports of Women's Football.

Being an actor myself, if there's any way you feel ill can help I'd be more than glad to. I worked at the Middlesbrough Theatre a couple if years back... Noticed they had the giant Ravanelli and Emerson heads from the Wembley Cup Final days. If we ever wanted access to those, I'm on good terms with the Artistic Director there ;)

I'd love to be involved, though am based in Birmingham. Would happily do stuff for some of the away games, though.

One thng if at all possible that could be good would be a chat with some of the u21's that went out to spain to get their opinions of training out there, involvement in the first team etc...

Firstly, congratulations to Mat, I think his piece in last year's programme was a great read, as have his Gazette bits and bobs and personally I've found him fantastic and professional to work with on the occasions he's carried out the interviews with me.

With regards to 'celebrity' fans, I went to school with most of the band Cattle & Cane who I know have a big following on Teesside and beyond, and I'm sure they'd be happy to carry out an interview if there was demand for it.

From a personal point of view, I am very happy to continue working on the interviews, I hope that people have enjoyed what I've put together so far, the response I've gotten from the lads and girls I've met has been pretty overwhelmingly positive, and obviously although there have been some issues, it's a learning curve for me, and the Vickers interview pt 2 (look out for it later today) and the chat with Neil are both in very good shape.

Personally I feel very privileged to be involved with a forum that is so well respected within the club.

Nice one Humpty, and well done to DS too.

I'm a bit too far south to be of much use, but if anyone has any questions re. equipment or documentary making, I'd be happy to give advice, with 20 years of working in television under my belt.

If you need anything filmed in the south, I know that Bob Mortimer lives down this way, I'd be happy to help out with time and equipment, if I can.

Great work by everybody involved and well done to Humpty, well deserved.

If you want to interview Callum Cooke I can have a word with him and get him to clear it with the club. Hopefully he will get some 1st team appearances this season. Top lad as is his dad and are very helpful.

Keep up the good work, if there is anything I can do then just ask.

• Like 1

BWS, I might take you up on that, I am in TV myself but a relative novice in comparison, and the onBoroTV role is a bit more multifaceted than I'm used to!

One thng if at all possible that could be good would be a chat with some of the u21's that went out to spain to get their opinions of training out there, involvement in the first team etc...

Thanks to VB we are now trying to organise an interview with Callum Cooke to touch on this very subject.

So wheels in motion and perhaps time for a new interviewer/ camera man to cut their teeth on this opportunity, volunteers welcome though would ask that you feel that you have the confidence and some experience with this video filming/production.

Obviously we want a certain set standard when produced for publication and we do now have guys who can at least offer advise

All great news! And huge congrats to Humpty, too! Great to see OneBoro going from strength to strength :D

I do think trying to increase interest in MFC Ladies is a great idea. I remember working with their old manager Mary all the years back during my childhood, it'd be great to rude the wave of the increasing supports of Women's Football.

Being an actor myself, if there's any way you feel ill can help I'd be more than glad to. I worked at the Middlesbrough Theatre a couple if years back... Noticed they had the giant Ravanelli and Emerson heads from the Wembley Cup Final days. If we ever wanted access to those, I'm on good terms with the Artistic Director there ;)

I'd love to be involved, though am based in Birmingham. Would happily do stuff for some of the away games, though.

Many thanks for this offer and fyi VB has contacted Becky from the MFC ladies team to see if this can be pursued so if this goes ahead and they want to promote themselves through the forum and oneBoro TV how about you being involved with the process.

Having seen your website and promotions I am sue the ladies would happily be involved with chatting to you :D

Oh and do a plug for your site as I am sure many members do wonder who you are :)

I'm a bit too far south to be of much use, but if anyone has any questions re. equipment or documentary making, I'd be happy to give advice, with 20 years of working in television under my belt.

If you need anything filmed in the south, I know that Bob Mortimer lives down this way, I'd be happy to help out with time and equipment, if I can.

Again with VB's help he will contact Bob and if he agrees to this , as he verbally agreed to it when I spoke to him, then if possible due to locations it maybe easier for you to be involved.

Would you be ok with this? :)

Again with VB's help he will contact Bob and if he agrees to this , as he verbally agreed to it when I spoke to him, then if possible due to locations it maybe easier for you to be involved.

Would you be ok with this? :)

Yes I'd be fine with that, I've filmed Jim (Vic) a couple of times, but never Bob, it would be good to get the full set :D

I believe he lives in Kent, I'd be happy to provide camera equipment and sound and if anyone in the area fancies the intrepid reporter role, that would be great.

Many thanks for this offer and fyi VB has contacted Becky from the MFC ladies team to see if this can be pursued so if this goes ahead and they want to promote themselves through the forum and oneBoro TV how about you being involved with the process.

Having seen your website and promotions I am sue the ladies would happily be involved with chatting to you :D

Oh and do a plug for your site as I am sure many members do wonder who you are :)

Haha! Cheers DS! :blush:

Would be happy to get on board with the MFC Ladies stuff. As I said - happy to be involved in any way, shape or form! I also try to do as many projects in the NE as possible - done a few in Newcastle and York this year - so would be happy to give you a heads up when I'm working in the region to see if there's anything I can get on board with.