oneBoro Forum

BORO SIGN DOWNING

Well done Boro.

Great bit of business bringing Downing back for less than we sold him for, even plus plus addons.  And a better player too. Got to be on, automatic promotion...

Well done Boro.

Great bit of business bringing Downing back for less than we sold him for, even plus plus addons.  And a better player too. Got to be on, automatic promotion...

Its great news. :D

This signing covers several areas we fell down in last season he brings a fresh quality to our creative play in midfield, other than Tomlin on his day we lacked a creative influence in Midfield, Stewie has never been a prolific goal scorer 50 goals in 485 appearance (Wiki), but given the chances that fell to Vossen playing in the number 10 role last season i believe Stewie would have had a better conversion rate.

Stewie can play right across the front line, so it gives us options, in swapping players round during a game.

He also take set pieces, so Leadboots can stay away from corners !!!!!!, Ayala is a man mountain in the air and with the correct delivery could easily end up scoring a lot of important goals.

He could also take Reach under his wing help in his development.

Quite a lot of money for us to splash on one player.

Sentimentally, its nice that he's coming back and obviously hope he is a big success. That said, my dodgy memory vaguely recalls a lot of complaints quite similar to those voiced by the Hammers fans...namely that Downing could be very inconsistent. Brilliant one game but invisible the next.

I'm pretty sure he was the source of a lot of frustration because of this...

Anyway, feel free to make rude comments and mock me if I'm wrong... ;)

Quite a lot of money for us to splash one one player.

Sentimentally, its nice that he's coming back and obviously hope he is a big success. That said, my dodgy memory vaguely recalls a lot of complaints quite similar to those voiced by the Hammers fans...namely that Downing could be very inconsistent. Brilliant one game but invisible the next.

I'm pretty sure he was the source of a lot of frustration because of this...

He won't dominate every game, but he will make a huge difference in a lot of games. His set pieces will be most welcome too

Ok, wrong or not you're a willy bum poop head !!!!! LOL

Heh. Nice to see you too Treknut! :P

@Teacider: I don't doubt he's a quality player...I just hope he can show it more often than not. For that kind of cash outlay he's going to have to do more than be handy at corners and freekicks... ;)