oneBoro Forum

Place To Moan About Stuff...

I think you'll find it's either about politics or religion or both.

Yep I understand the politics and religion behind both, but still don't understand why that means you'd support a team playing football based on those reasons..

I hate the fact that some people try to bring religion into football :@

Religion has been in football since the beginning. We were seen as a catholic club back in the day. Which is why we had so many Irish players , rangers for a long while had a non catholic policy to the extent when souness went there as manger he made a point of saying he had to be allowed to sign anyone regardless of religion

That's quite interesting but not what I was getting at.

I'm not against religious people playing/watching/following football. I hate that people will use it to goad opposition. I have known Celtic supporters sing Pro IRA songs at work. Bearing in mind I'm in the forces :@

Yeh but if the teams are pro a religion your going to get supporters doing the same

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not against religious people playing/watching/following football. I hate that people will use it to goad opposition. I have known Celtic supporters sing Pro IRA songs at work. Bearing in mind I'm in the forces :@

dads_army_outside.jpg

Uwe pictured with his unit earlier today.

I think you'll find it's either about politics or religion or both.

Yep I understand the politics and religion behind both, but still don't understand why that means you'd support a team playing football based on those reasons..

I hate the fact that some people try to bring religion into football :@

Religion has been in football since the beginning. We were seen as a catholic club back in the day. Which is why we had so many Irish players , rangers for a long while had a non catholic policy to the extent when souness went there as manger he made a point of saying he had to be allowed to sign anyone regardless of religion

Yeh but if the teams are pro a religion your going to get supporters doing the same

Time for change, time for the owner, management, staff, players to admit failure, constant failure, under performance a lack of direction and passion. Why, because when you don't understand the money you are paid and what it takes to earn it there is no value. Be ashamed for what you took from the club when supporters and followers paid for your being, your housing, your cars, the watches, the holidays and all the while, many don't know where the next meal will come from. Ask yourself, had you, did you commit because from kick off when the season started, the supporters did. Don't try and sell me we are still on it till the end when you never turned up at the start. To little, to late