oneBoro Forum

Start of the Premiership Season

Well its the start of the Premiership today and whilst I am happy that football is well and truly back I am bloody sad and still peed off that we are not involved.

I cant remember being so bitter the last time we went down as I thought we would easily bounce back but this year I have grave doubts especially with Garth at the helm.

The 2 sides I am going to follow this season in the Premiership are Villa and Burnley.

My predictions for the top and drop are:

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Liverpool

18 Wolves

19 Pompey

20 Burnley

I really hope Everton do well this season! They are very similar to Boro in that they try to give youth a chance and they try to do their business in the right mannor unlike the likes of Tottenham, Man City etc.. They are also a club who have achieved by not spending huge amounts of money but by good management and inspired signings. The likes of Lescott, Jagielka, Cahill etc were all bought off Championship clubs and are now probably 3 o the best players outside the top 4 clubs.

I also would like to see ***nal do well as I am a big fan of the way they try to play.

My prediction is:

1 Chelsea

2 Liverpool

3 Man Utd

4 Everton

5 ***nal

18 Portsmouth

19 Wolves

20 Stoke

i agree VECTORBORO with your predictions apart from i'd have man u to win it chelsea second and you've just helped me realised why im in such a foul mood THE PREM STARTS TODAY AND WE ARE NOT IN IT

J.T .. I like Everton also, In the early 90s I went to Goodison quite often as I had easy access to tickets there.I admire what they have achieved with very little money.I watched Moyles interview yesterday and he is certainly an angry man over Man Citys pursuit of Lescott.One thing that he did say that made me laugh was the bit about selling a player so close to the end of the transfer window,that it wouldnt give them enough time to buy a replacement etc.He seems to have a short memory,what about his dealings and pursuit of the Yak.

1. ***nal

2. Man U

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. City

18 Hull

19 Porsmouth

20 Burnley

Ill be criticised for the ***nal selection, but I feel they have gotten rid of the main guilty party for missing all those chances (adebayor) and if eduardo stays fit, him and van persie will be amazing.

i'd like to see ***nal win it. didn't they copy their style from the southgate plan?

I never liked ***nal when George Graham was in charge but under Wenger they are a joy to watch on their day I would be very happy if they won the Premiership this season.

I read an interview with Southgate (I think it was in the Northern Echo) and he has said this season its all about the win and this idea of playing attractive football has gone out the window.I didnt realise we had played that syle of play in the first place:D

neverbefore ... It certainly was a joy to watch.I doubt ***nal could do that week in week out but I bet they try.The key for Wenger this season is keeping his players fit.I wouldnt be suprised to see him buy a couple of new players before deadline day.

Did you see the incident at the Bristol City vs Palace game? As much as I cant stand Warnock he has a right to be annoyed.

i didnt see it no, do you have any links to watch the highlights of football league? Was out on the beer last night celebrating when I should have been analysing our performance :D

Also, on ***nal, i think the most significant thing is that they had 3 strikers on the pitch for the first 5 goals, had 4 different goal scorers, and none of them was from a striker. They have goals from everywhere in the pitch, which I dont think Liverpool, Utd or Chelsea have to the same extent.

You can get the highlights either on the skysports website or there was a football league show on BBC1 which you can get on BBC iPlayer.Palace had a perfectly good goal dissallowed because both the ref and linesman said it didnt cross the line.It not only crossed the line but hit a post at the back of the net and came back out.To make matters worse Bristol scored a winner late on in the game.

Hey neverbefore...we had 3 different goal scorers yesterday,Emnes goal was sweet.tbh I am still in shock but smiling.I would much prefer watching ***nal than Liverpool or Chelsea without a doubt.

As much as I cant stand Warnock he has a right to be annoyed.

I don't mind Warnock but thats probably due to the fact I have a lot of Sheffield United friends.

i didnt see it no, do you have any links to watch the highlights of football league?

I have just made a Sticky thread where we can keep track of the highlights, should be a good source for people who havent seen the goals.

I lived in Sheffield for a few years (great place to live) and I liked United when Bassett was the manager but I just dont like Warnock.Him and Simon Jordan are well suited together,I have met him quite a few times and he is an arrogant knob head.