oneBoro Forum

Favourite Premier League team?

Simple question, after picking my fantasy league team.

Have the members got a favourite Premier League team?

It doesn't have to be your second team, as many fans will say that they only support Boro, but when you are watching Match of the Day, there must be certain results that please you, and certain teams that you like, for various reasons, whether it's ex Boro players in the team, or a manager that you like or a side that your partner follows or simply the fact that you've always had a soft spot for them.

Mine is ***nal, due to the fact that I lived in London and my girlfriend supports them. It sounds like a flimsy reason, but it means we've spent some good nights down the pub watching ***nal on Champions League nights. Let's face it, if your girl is into football, life is so much easier :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Mine is ***nal too. I admire their style of play, I like the players they sign. I think I have an affinity for them due to the fact that they always come so close and are yet so far, a familiar feeling for a Boro fan. :D

Whoever happens to be playing Newcastle & Sunderland.

Other than that, Chelsea are probably the only ones that I don't mind and that's only because we've got a good relationship with them now.

Everton. Always liked how they're run and they have that perfect "good but not great" feeling about them. Following that I love how ***nal play and respect how they've stuck with Wenger. Also great respect to Swansea for how they've established themselves as a good team in such a short space of time

Liverpool for me ,, just cos i like to have some slight interest in the title chase and i cant bring myself to follow a london club and  i have a distste for manchester as a place  so its down to elimination and  i did support/follow liverpool in thier keegan,heighway years .

i laso got to qiute a few southampton games when i lived in redlynch in the late 80,s  so they would be a second choice .

I like Southampton love what they have done last few years! Playing good football while bringing through some quality English talent !

But in past years for some reason Iv always liked Everton to do well for no obvious reason

Always had a soft spot for Spurs ever since Gazza played for them. Also recently I've always wanted Southampton to do well because of the way they are run and the football they play , always friendly staff at their academy too

You've got to pick one in the Fantasy Premier Legaue game, though :P

My reasons for any of mine were:

Southampton - Good lcub, very honestly ran and with a very productive youth academy.

Swansea - Similar to Southampton. And they take our dross!

Watford - Watched Anya and Deeny as young players play at my local non-league side. Followed them ever since!

Everton, for family reasons, my sister, her husband and his extended family are massive Everton fans so it just kinda grew on me, now I find myself watching sky sports news following both Boro's and Evertons results! (I try not to let them know that though) :P

However I don't go in fits and strops half as much if Everton lose than I do when Boro lose :P