• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Day, McClean, Clough, Peacock, Holiday

What would these guys be worth today?

Was that the full forward line back then -  mid 50's/early 60's?  I don't know much about Day and McClean but the others I know about. Same division as we are in now and Clough, Peacock and Holliday were all capped by England in that time!  Either football was mental back then or maybe Cloughie's accusations/conspiracy theory was about right...

Mowbray

Slaven

Fjortoft

JFH

Tuncay

or TLF x 5

I can't remember who put Iain Baird earlier but he was fully awesome. I fondly remember watching him run the width of the pitch to stop the full back from clearing and taking the man, ball, lino and everything else into touch. He'd do it several times a game until he got cautioned. Talk about thundering tackles, this guy was off the scale. Probably be a straight red these days.

Tuncay

Viduka

Woodgate

Queudrue

Downing

Felt bad leaving Southgate out as I've always felt we never managed to replace his captaincy, Leadbitter is probably the closest thing we've come to having a great captain.

maybe it deserves a thread of its own but following on from this  heres my top 5 signings that  really impressed me  from knowing little about them  prior to signing

Mustoe

Burke

Quedrue

Cochrane

Slaven

Glover and Fuchs close contenders