oneBoro Forum

Retro/Current Gaming!

I still haven't lol! I've been chipping away at getting the Platinum trophy for Dragon Age Inquisition. I do plan on playing it next though, I bought the series when it was first released and still haven't got round to it.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have owned.. Commodore 64, Sega Mega Drive, PS1, PS2, PS3 and now PS4.

Best game from each.....

Commodore 64.... Burger Time.

Sega Mega Drive.. Streets Of Rage Series.

PS1..................... FF7

PS2..................... Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

PS3 .................... Uncharted Series

PS4..................... The Last Of Us.

FYI The Last Of Us was first released on PS3. TLOU was one of my awesome games.

• 4 months later...

Started out on a speccy 48k with Jet set willy and Manic miner etc

After that an Amiga 500, Sega Master System & mega Drive. Never really got into the Nintendo side until much later, got an SNES and hammered Mario kart and a few of the Japanese RPG games. 

PC gamed for ages, had Xbox, Xbox 360, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and how have a PS4 Pro. Will probably get both next-gen consoles. 

In current gaming I'd say fave games have been Horizon Zero Dawn and RDR2, both epic games and restoring my faith in single player games without the need for online play and loot box shenanigans which is ruining a lot of games now, even with cosmetic stuff - my nephews spend all their cash on dances on Fortnite!

Don't really PC game anymore although play  few games here and there on windows via my iMac but prefer console gaming now. Have a SNES Mini for a bit of retro gaming, and got a Nintendo Switch.

• 2 months later...

Started off with a Sinclair ZX81 then when i asked for a Spectrum or C64 like my friends my parents bought me an Atari 800xl instead. Owned a few Amiga 500's, N64, Sega Saturn, PS1, Gamecube, Xbox 360 & 1. Recently built myself a PC for gaming & streaming and I'm currently enjoying Call of Duty Modern Warfare & Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Edited by Reidydog

I always struggle to remember exactly which consoles I had at the start but I do remember 2 things:

- Playing Zool, which was a Chupa Chups branded Sonic-like platformer, can't remember which platform
- Taking a blank Floppy disc, writing 'Thomas the Tank Engine' on the front and the disappointment when it didn't work

Feels like I've played more games in the past couple of months than I have in the last couple of years, which considering I help make them for a living is a bit mad. I actually somewhat prefer playing board games now, even played my first D&D session a month or so ago but in terms of video games in the last couple of months, I've gotten through Final Fantasy VII (did it 100% for the first time!), Final Fantasy IX and Zelda: Link's Awakening on Switch, the first Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton games on my 3DS and then Rise of the Tomb Raider and God of War on PS4.

I'm also currently playing Star Wars - Jedi: Fallen Order alongside the second Phoenix Wright game on my 3DS. Not sure how I feel about Star Wars at the moment. It may well be the first game I've traded back in in years, we tend to keep games as me and my wife both play them but she's not interested in the Dark Souls-like combat (I honestly hate Dark Souls myself) and I probably won't play it again when I'm done.