oneBoro Forum

Championship Live Match: Charlton V Burnley 1230hrs 07/05 P3571

I still think Burnley will win this.

Yes they almost certainly will. Burnley have been the most LUCKY of the top three. Like their deflected free kick goal against Preston, last minute goals against us and Brighton. That crazy 4-1 win against Derby, where Derby pretty much scored two own goals and gave away penos.... despite otherwise pretty much looking better than Burnley in the first half at least!

Spawny Burnley. Yuk.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone fancy having a go at their Boro-Burnley-Brighton XI?

1. Heaton, 2. Friend 3. Ayala 4. Keane 5. Bruno 6. Kayal 7. Clayton 8. Knockaert 9. Ramirez 10. Adomah 11. Gray

Boro x 5, Burnley x 3, Brighton x 3

Heaton

Bruno Dunk Ayala Friend

Clayton Kayal

Adomah Ramirez Knockaert

Rhodes

Rhodes is in there because, as with your other thread, he's the best for me for the lone-striker role and I think there's more quality in midfield compared to the front-lines so need to go for the 4-2-3-1. If it was a 4-4-2 it would probably be Adomah and Knockaert with Hemed/Vokes and Gray. Means sacrificing Ramirez or sticking him out wide which would be a waste.

Would love it if burnley lost both these games and we draw with brighton, then they get dumped out in the playoffs

^^^100%..... but great things like that don't happen in reality do they!?

Anyone fancy having a go at their Boro-Burnley-Brighton XI?

1. Heaton, 2. Friend 3. Ayala 4. Keane 5. Bruno 6. Kayal 7. Clayton 8. Knockaert 9. Ramirez 10. Adomah 11. Gray

Boro x 5, Burnley x 3, Brighton x 3

Heaton

Bruno Dunk Ayala Friend

Clayton Kayal

Adomah Ramirez Knockaert

Rhodes

Rhodes is in there because, as with your other thread, he's the best for me for the lone-striker role and I think there's more quality in midfield compared to the front-lines so need to go for the 4-2-3-1. If it was a 4-4-2 it would probably be Adomah and Knockaert with Hemed/Vokes and Gray. Means sacrificing Ramirez or sticking him out wide which would be a waste.

Gray could fit any formation so long as your style of play is "punt it up the pitch and let gray run at it".

I'd take rhodes in any sort of footballing team though.

On the game so far, first of all, do the Sky effect microphones really not do Turf Moor justice or are the Burnley fans really that quiet in their last home game of the season? Love that Dyche said that the Boro game was the best atmosphere he'd heard at Turf Moor, he must have been thankful to having so many passionate fans, cheering their lads on from the away end.

Secondly, QPR have been in control but this is just the way Burnley are. Every time I've watched them, they don't take games to teams. They withstand lots of pressure but must be so thankful to their goalkeeper. He's saved them a couple of times in that first half, even if they were saves a keeper would be expected to make, he looks so strong and aware in goal.

Burnley will no doubt nick this one as they always do, you can't take their performance in any game as reflective of how the result will turn out. They just don't play any exciting football at all. So dull.