oneBoro Forum

Championship Live Match: Charlton V Burnley 1230hrs 07/05 P3571

You don't bet against your own team lads. You have to have standards. Sure bet on rivals results but never bet against the Boro. That's just wrong.

Well.... that's possibly the daftest thing I've ever read.

Betting on Brighton next weekend is a no-brainer. Anyone doing so will be utterly delighted to lose the bet (which is quite unusual), but IF Brighton did win, at least there is the benefit of a bit of extra cash.

It's an emotional hedge, and WELL worth taking.

So if we lose you can turn round to your mates and say, well at least I won a few quid.... Classy!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im only doing the bet because im so poor. I'd hate to be broke AND depressed that we havent gone up. But can I really put a price on Boro on MOTD!? Well maybe if I cant afford a tv licence...

But can I really put a price on Boro on MOTD!?

Well while you enjoy Linekar in his underwear I hope to be watching Sarah Jane Mee talking all things boro.

Boro, curry, beer, extended highlights, premier league football and a redhead what more could you want on a Saturday night

Im only doing the bet because im so poor. I'd hate to be broke AND depressed that we havent gone up.  But can I really put a price on Boro on MOTD!? Well maybe if I cant afford a tv licence...

I'm just going to put this out there but do you think it's possible that the reason you're so poor is because you're laying out £500 on bets?   ;)

Im only doing the bet because im so poor. I'd hate to be broke AND depressed that we havent gone up.  But can I really put a price on Boro on MOTD!? Well maybe if I cant afford a tv licence...

I'm just going to put this out there but do you think it's possible that the reason you're so poor is because you're laying out £500 on bets?   ;)

*looks into the distance* you could be right

You don't bet against your own team lads. You have to have standards. Sure bet on rivals results but never bet against the Boro. That's just wrong.

Well.... that's possibly the daftest thing I've ever read.

Betting on Brighton next weekend is a no-brainer. Anyone doing so will be utterly delighted to lose the bet (which is quite unusual), but IF Brighton did win, at least there is the benefit of a bit of extra cash.

It's an emotional hedge, and WELL worth taking.

So if we lose you can turn round to your mates and say, well at least I won a few quid.... Classy!

WTF? - Where does class come in to it mate? You appear to be trying to take the moral high ground, when there isn't really any to be taken.

I won't be turning around to anyone and saying anything about it. But yes, if we lose then I'll have a few hundred extra quid in the bank to put towards play-offs and Wembley if need be.

I won't FOR A SINGLE MOMENT be cheering Brighton. It's the very last thing that I want. If I was in some way wavering in my support for Boro, I'd get your point, but it's nothing to do with that.

You seem to think you are more classy because you can turn around to your mates and say "B.ll..ks, we lost.... but at least I didn't bet on a Brighton win" - it's nothing to do with it.

In a single game shoot out like this, where there is only one of the three outcomes that I don't want, it makes perfect sense to back it.

Well finally we come to the very last Championship Live Match and I must say it has not been fun ensuring all the games were up for thoughts and comments, some have been heavily contributed to in terms of interest and number of posts whilst others were just a after thought.

So here we are the much anticipated "will it go ahead or get abandoned due to crowd trouble" clash of Charlton V already promoted Burnley where a win will guarantee the Championship Trophy.

I expect very little traffic for the final game but as Tom suggested will round up the season with the final DS award (only one winner so far this season) for correct score and fgs (even if game does not finish)

I'd certainly be interested to hear how they approached the game, though surely no Boro fan in their right minds will be watching this if they're not at the Riverside but have access to Sky.

This will likely see the biggest protest so far. I expect something akin to a pitch invasion will happen. If it is allowed to play on, I can't see Burnley's style of play being affected. They don't play with much intensity to begin with, this kind of atmosphere won't budge them.

I expect a 2-0 win for Burnley. Good luck to Charlton on the day, I hope they do cause an upset and give us a chance of getting the title as it would be nice to finish with that but we need to win our game first and foremost to be in with a chance of it and to make sure we're going up.

CARD (Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet) have 'no intention' of forcing Burnley game to be abandoned

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/protesting-charlton-fans-no-intention-11278117?

Basically, they're saying that due to the nature of the game and its meaning to those at the top of the table (Burnley themselves as well as us and Brighton) that they won't be planning anything to get the game called off. That's one of the reasons, anyway.

Pity they didn't take the same point of view with all of the ***ing around during our game against them and their game against Brighton.

They'll still be protesting, they just won't be getting the game abandoned.

There was talk on the day of a pitch invasion against us, mind you. It was scheduled to start just after they scored but I believe only 2 people ran on in the end, trying to usher more on but most recognised that the 3 points were pretty much in their hands and they'd rather take them than *** about.