oneBoro Forum

Championship Live Match: Charlton V Burnley 1230hrs 07/05 P3571

They'll still be protesting, they just won't be getting the game abandoned.

There was talk on the day of a pitch invasion against us, mind you. It was scheduled to start just after they scored but I believe only 2 people ran on in the end, trying to usher more on but most recognised that the 3 points were pretty much in their hands and they'd rather take them than *** about.

It was a laughable effort at a pitch invasion, wasn't it!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So hypothetically, burnley are drawing with charlton, and we continue to beat Brighton by the 3 goal margin that could see us top the league. The burnley match gets called off, do they just get rewarded the draw it was when it stopped? Or could they decide burnley deserve a win?

So hypothetically, burnley are drawing with charlton, and we continue to beat Brighton by the 3 goal margin that could see us top the league. The burnley match gets called off, do they just get rewarded the draw it was when it stopped? Or could they decide burnley deserve a win?

Considering Burnley can't play in the play-offs any more, I imagine if somehow it was abandoned that they'd play it again behind closed doors, as others have said.

Good point, so in which case we'd have to wait to find out if we are champions (should we win). You think CARD have decided not to get the match abandoned as it will no longer cause absolute chaos?

If they awarded a draw, Burnley and their fans would rightly kick off.

If they awarded a Burnley win, Middlesbrough/Brighton and their fans would rightly kick off.

The only way they could do it would be to replay the game behind closed doors.

I like the reverse psychology bet.. I did the same when we played QPR in the playoff final 2 seasons ago, had 250 quid on QPR at 7/4, so won me some money but didn't replace the depression, your club succeeding beats money in the pocket imo.

I'll be doing the same again if we reach wembley, not too fussed about losing in the semis, you tend to accept it better, but I've been to Wembley twice, 94 and 2014.............. missed the 2007 one :(, so I know what losing at Wembley feels like.

Considering Burnley can't play in the play-offs any more, I imagine if somehow it was abandoned that they'd play it again behind closed doors, as others have said.

Do Burnley really care about finishing first or second?

Even if it is abandoned, I say let them have the trophy anyway. I don't think either us or Brighton care that much.

Do Burnley really care about finishing first or second?

Even if it is abandoned, I say let them have the trophy anyway. I don't think either us or Brighton care that much.

Of course they will. They've guaranteed promotion regardless so why not go for it and get the glory of winning the league? I don't think Dyche comes off as someone who will just look to play out the last game like a Friendly. I'm willing to bet every Burnley player wants to lift the trophy now that they've secured which league they will be in.

We won't be focusing on winning the title on Saturday, we'll be focusing on what we have all season, which is finishing top 2. And just the same as it would have been when mentioning it at any other time, winning the title would be that last cherry on top of promotion. But I can't imagine there will be any groans about not winning it.

They went up 2nd in 2014, so I think Dyche certainly wants that title but my feeling is that if they automatically get gifted a 3-0 win or whatever, I wouldn't care either way. They deserve to be champions regardless if they earn the win on Saturday or not.

The issue with fans getting a game abandoned is that (as usual) the fa fudge punishments. Last season the Blackpool game was awarded a 0-0 draw as that is how the result was standing when the game was abandoned on 48mins.

Now let'sfast forward to sSaturday but not to Charlton but the Riverside. If we are drawing 0-0 in the 48th minute should we invade the pitch and get the game abandoned. Would we get a point and automatic promotion?