oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bolton Wanderers 3-0

It's been a long summer, and goals have been hard to come by. Many men have come, tried and failed. But one sunny night in Greater Manchester, eleven heroes proved they have what it takes. Boro are officially...

maxresdefault.jpg

*for now

Release Date

Saturday 15th August, 3pm

Synopsis:

Aitor's boys return to home soil after heartbreak at Wembley and a slow start to the new season. And the opponents are the old sparring partner Bolton Wanderers. Fond memories of beating them to lift silverware, Karanka's first victory as Boro boss, and a hard-fought 1-0 to keep the charge alive last season must be put behind us, as this is a new dawn, and Aitor's boys must learn how to break down teams who are putting eleven men behind the ball.

Will we have what it takes with the current squad?

Is additional firepower needed?

Have Fabbrini and Forshaw done enough to get in the side? 

How many people will turn up to watch? 

The season starts now!

...again.

Cast:

Dimi Konstantopolous as Goalkeeper

Tomas Kalas as Right Back

Dani Ayala as Centre Back 1

Dael Fry as Centre Back 2

George Friend as Left Back

Grant Leadbitter as Skipper

Adam Clayton as Centre Midfielder

Albert Adomah as Right Winger

Stewart Downing as Homecoming Hero

Adam Reach as Whipping Boy

Christhian Stuani as The New Kid On The Block

Neil Lennon as The Touchline Terrier

Emile Heskey as Old Man River

Special appearance by

David Nugent as The Difference        

What The Critics Are Saying

Hover through the fog and filthy air: Boro (A) 15.8.15

"I reckon we'll get shat on.. 3-0"

"I'll be out for a lengthy lunch, and so as to enjoy it will be avoiding goings on in Smogsville altogether. When we depart the restaurant I'll be half cut, so accordingly won't be all that bothered when we've been ***ed 4-0."

"I see your 3-0 and your 4-0 and I raise you a 5-0!"

Soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y_laoeYdZ8

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha good OP Tom! Should beat Bolton, especially at home if we are to be up there fighting for one of those automatic places.

I hope we go with the following team..

----------------Dimi--------------------

Kalas--Ayala--Gibson(?)--Friend

------Leadbitter--Forshaw--------

Adomah----Fabbrini----Downing

---------------Stuani----------------

Mejias, Husband, Stephens, Clayton, Wildschutt, Nsue, Kike

Stephens if Gibbo ain't match fit.

Can't see AK dropping the skipper.

3 behind the striker all interchanging causing Bolton havock.

Will be nice to be back in the north stand seeing Boro once again!!

Going for a convincing 3-0 win, (Stuani x2, Downing).

Attendance- 27,309

UTB!!!

Surely George should be the leading man, ala Mr Darcy?

Excellent OP though.

I'd be upset if Fabbrini didn't start on Saturday, and hopefully Yanic will be on the bench and come on for a cameo.

...................Dimi

Kalas....Ayala....Fry.....Friend

........Forshaw....Leadbitter ©

Adomah.....Fabbrini.....Downing

...................Stuani

subs: Mejias, Stephens, Husband, Clayton, Wildschut, Reach, Kike

Score: 2-1 Boro - Ayala 1st goalscorer (23 mins) & Adomah. Clough for Bolton

Attendance: 22,650

Just a shout out to Alma Fields in the ticket office - she called me back(international call) to sort out my Pride+ account after I could'nt get through last week, and after I emailed her this morning she's reserved my seat for the game and I can just call up when I land on Saturday to assign to my Pride Card (which I will also collect from my parents home on Saturday)

Haha good OP Tom! Should beat Bolton, especially at home if we are to be up there fighting for one of those automatic places.

Attendance- 27,309

UTB!!!

Yep have to agree love the look of this line up!

Attendance- 27,309

UTB!!!

Yep have to agree love the look of this line up!

Personally thought we looked far better with Clayton and Forshaw on last night than Forshaw and Leadbitter, we looked more incisive and quicker on the ball. Granted the game was gone when Leadbitter got on the pitch, I do think both Clayton and Forshaw would feel hard done by not to be starting.

Why aren't people having Fry in their starting lineup? Was star man against Preston bullies.

Dimi; Kala, Ayala, Fry, Friend; Clayton, Foreshaw; Adomah, Downing, Fabbrini; Stuani

Mejias; Stephens, Husband, Leadbitter, Nsue, Wildschutt, Kike

AK definitely has a selection problem at CB for me. I can understand concerns between Stephens and Fry and given Dael's great start at Preston and the fact of a home crowd of potentially 24k or more, one mistake and that could ruin the poor lad's confidence with the fans getting on his back.

I definitely think he deserves a chance but backup for me. Stephens has had the experience in League One last season and surely is worth more of a long term punt than Fry. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Fry to play and have an absolute blinder but you know what the fans can be like if he has a shocker, a la Nsue at right-back...

AK definitely has a selection problem at CB for me. I can understand concerns between Stephens and Fry and given Dael's great start at Preston and the fact of a home crowd of potentially 24k or more, one mistake and that could ruin the poor lad's confidence with the fans getting on his back.

I definitely think he deserves a chance but backup for me. Stephens has had the experience in League One last season and surely is worth more of a long term punt than Fry. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Fry to play and have an absolute blinder but you know what the fans can be like if he has a shocker, a la Nsue at right-back...

Reminds me of the 18 year old stuttgart kid who made a mistake last year in the final minute and lost his team the game.

The fans supported him and didn't give him any grief. There was video of him being consoled by fans after the game.

Would never happen here.

He will if he signs tomorrow, but won't have trained with the team. But last year Bamford was on the bench the day after he signed, so who knows.

Does anyone know anything about trains from Nottingham to Boro? I'm in Nottingham all of next week and my flight is really early Saturday morning. If it's viable I was thinking about getting the train up and squeezing in the Boro match. A hand with prices and times ect. would be really appreciated, cheers.

Does anyone know anything about trains from Nottingham to Boro? I'm in Nottingham all of next week and my flight is really early Saturday morning. If it's viable I was thinking about getting the train up and squeezing in the Boro match. A hand with prices and times ect. would be really appreciated, cheers.

Try checking the train line website :D

Try checking the train line website :D

Get out of here with your logic :D

Don't know why I didn't think of that before haha, the times workout but it's 70+ quid for a return ticket so we'll have to see.