oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bolton Wanderers 3-0

Sounds like a delicious first half and then a second half where we just saved our energy for Tuesday's big game. I think the most important thing, apart from 3 points, was that a big crowd was treated to a big performance and some goals. Hopefully they'll all return for the next home game and bring a few friends.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have taken 3-0 home victory before game, slightly disappointed with the second half given how much Bolton were out of the game, seemed very flat. Maybe we were saving our breath for Derby but we could have made this a startling victory.

Oh, and two clean sheets in a row for Dimi.

It sounds like we still created chances in the second half.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did take the foot off the gas a bit to prepare for Tuesday.

I really am happy for Kike, now I just want stuani to open his league account on tuesday!

I think we need to view this as what it was - a convincing victory over limited opponents. Bolton are going to struggle through this season - but this is the Championship, and we know that teams that struggle can still spring surprises over the course of the season. We did a thoroughly professional job on them, and Fabbrini especially made the most of his opportunity. We created plenty of chances and converted enough to make it a comfortable win. There's other games ahead where we'll have fewer chances and perhaps need to be a little more lethal in despatching them, but when you're 3-0 up and cruising, there's not the pressure of those tighter games. Downing set up two good chances by the sound of things that weren't converted, while Adomah was a harrying influence on the right, winning possession from their players in their half. It gives us good confidence to take into the game against Derby - but that'll be a very different game to this one.

Chuffed for Kike, well deserved. Fabbrini is just what we've missed, always looking for the ball and bombing into the box. A poor Bolton but we look a bit special this season. Exciting times ahead!

Stuck in the cinema car park so I'll give my 2 cents.

We looked a lot more attacking today. Fabbrini was the main man. Guy is like an ugly juninho!

Kike took his goals well. Give him the service and he'll score! Nugent should really have scored as well near the end.

Poor Bolton though, they never really had a sniff!

Ooh. Traffic's moving now!